Drummond on the cusp of stardom | The Boneyard

Drummond on the cusp of stardom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From the article

Two or three more low-post buckets a game. Two or three more offensive putbacks a game. Four to six more free throws a game, based on better percentages and more attempts because of his willingness to get fouled. With just two simple improvements, from the line and in the low post, Drummond could become a 25 PPG scoring machine who can also dominate the glass and the paint on defense. That is what MVP candidates look like, which is a fair projection for Drummond.

Reaction Score
LOL the filters on this site are retard-ed

Reaction Score
Drummond was such a classic case of GMs outsmarting themselves. Did he have mindblowing stats his one year in college? No. But there are very few players that pass the eye test the way he does. Also, the old adage holds true: you can't teach size.

The fact that he fell to #9 is a complete joke. Only slightly less of a joke was Jared Sullinger falling to the Celtics at #21, which I'm very thankful for.

Reaction Score
Drummond was such a classic case of GMs outsmarting themselves. Did he have mindblowing stats his one year in college? No. But there are very few players that pass the eye test the way he does. Also, the old adage holds true: you can't teach size.

The fact that he fell to #9 is a complete joke. Only slightly less of a joke was Jared Sullinger falling to the Celtics at #21, which I'm very thankful for.
He's in good company. Kobe was drafted #13!!!!!, Stockton #16, just add Andre to this video:

Reaction Score
Cliffy: Played in the NBA playoffs in 17 of his 18 NBA seasons. Was the all-time leader for 3-pointers for big men until Dirk Nowitzki came along. 1,253 three pointers. His 1,380 games are the 9th most of all time. 42nd all-time career scoring: 19,591. 18th in minutes played.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Rondo at 21 was worse than Sullinger imo.

Reaction Score
From the article

Two or three more low-post buckets a game. Two or three more offensive putbacks a game. Four to six more free throws a game, based on better percentages and more attempts because of his willingness to get fouled. With just two simple improvements, from the line and in the low post, Drummond could become a 25 PPG scoring machine who can also dominate the glass and the paint on defense. That is what MVP candidates look like, which is a fair projection for Drummond.
I think we`ll someday see him put up a season in the 30ppg 15rb ballpark. Give or take a point or rebound.

Reaction Score
I think we`ll someday see him put up a season in the 30ppg 15rb ballpark. Give or take a point or rebound.

Shaq's best year statistically was 29.7 pts and 13.6 rbs. Kareem's best year he averaged 34.8 and 16.6. If Drummond averages 30 and 15 it would be one of the best seasons ever for a modern day center. Not saying he can't do it, but that would be an all-time great season.

Reaction Score

I think that's getting a bit carried away. He obviously still has a ton of room to grow offensively, but he's far from a natural scorer, and I have a hard time believing he is going to double his scoring output. A more reasonable projection would be somebody like Dwight Howard. 22/15 is realistic for him.

Reaction Score
I think that's getting a bit carried away. He obviously still has a ton of room to grow offensively, but he's far from a natural scorer, and I have a hard time believing he is going to double his scoring output. A more reasonable projection would be somebody like Dwight Howard. 22/15 is realistic for him.
Hes going to be far better than Howard. He problably wont reach those numbers but i think he`ll be far better offensively than Howard. Hes more fluid and has shown he can be a one man fast break with his ability to steal the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom