Drummond OHFORSIX | The Boneyard

Drummond OHFORSIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What about a Wilt Chamberlain underhanded, throwitupsoft, let it bounce around, and just see what happens?

Reaction Score
Not good. The result is he has to be on the bench in crunch time if we have the lead and we lose a major defensive player at the end of games.

Reaction Score
his struggles puzzles me so much. yes, he is 6 foot 10 with large hands so it'd be expected that he wouldn't be a great foul shooter but 30%? he recieved an inredible amount of attention before college, how was his foul shooting never addressed? he has played a countless number of games between high school and the AAU circuit AND is still thisbad at foul shooting.

Reaction Score
Aaaaand...(hitches up my pants to old-man level)....he's still a Top-5 pick in the upcoming draft, right? Ugh...let me rant about the lack of attention paid to fundamentals starting in youth basketball.

Wait...where'd everyone go?

Reaction Score
Nobody cared about this kid growing up to teach him properly. His coaches failed him and he failed himself. The old saying you can teach height is what got him through along with his athletic ability.

Reaction Score
So, how long has he been playing organized basketball?

Reaction Score
i saw a picture of him on facebook with what i believe was an AAU team, prolly around 10-12 years old. still, even if he just started as a freshman, theres no excuse for being this poor

Reaction Score
His form is awful. He looks like he shot puts the ball toward the hoop. It can't be that hard to get better. Kind of puzzling. I'd imagine they will wait until after the season and completely revamp his FT shooting technique. They better.

Reaction Score
Prez: I could have used a lesson or 2 also. I'm a gigantic 5'7''

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I heard he once hit nearly 100 straight in practice ...

Reaction Score
Quinn should be ashamed of himself, how do you have him for 2-3 years, see him shoot like that and not do anything to correct that form? The Horde needs a wise ass amongst them to ask Quinn what exactly did you teach him during his stay at STM.

Reaction Score
I can't believe no one taught him the proper form,,,, any BBall summer camp teaches good technique Didn't he go to Calhouns Camps???

Not sure we can blame coaches

Reaction Score
His form is awful. He looks like he shot puts the ball toward the hoop. It can't be that hard to get better. Kind of puzzling. I'd imagine they will wait until after the season and completely revamp his FT shooting technique. They better.

Wait till after the season?!?!?!...for what? Do they realize the dude is shooting under 30%? When I say he can't get much worse, he literally can't get much worse. The kids form needs to be corrected, and now. Think of it as an emergency. No time to wait, must. drasticly. alter. form. now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone forgot to teach him, he's just brutally bad at the free throw line - seems to affect some big guys.

I think he's fixable, though. His misses are not in the wrong zip code like some of the lost causes are. (I think Arinze Onuaku hit less than 30% one year.)

Worst free throw shooter I've ever seen who doesn't have the excuse of having to collect 7' of assorted arms and legs in his motion was Doug Gottlieb.

A guard who can't hit 45% of his free throws isn't a liability, he's a plane crash.

C

Chief00

Let's give them the summer to correct things. I think he will be ok - certainly not great ever from the line.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I thought of Drummond on Saturday when coaching third grade girls basketball. On our first trip to the line, an 8 year old girl calmly sank two of two. We went 4-6 on the day.

C

Chief00

Unfortunately, from a coach's perspective you need to do this in the offseason.

Reaction Score
Let's give them the summer to correct things. I think he will be ok - certainly not great ever from the line.
Correct him in the summer? For his new NBA team?
No, he should throw them up underhanded and bank them in off the square.

Reaction Score
he should balance the ball on one hand then just flick his wrist. :O

or just reach out as far as he can with one hand. then either toss it over hand or under.. should be like those carnival freethrow hoops games found in bars

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Makes you wonder...if we get a lead even early in an upcoming game, will the opposing team put in a reserve and play hack-a-Drummond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom