Drew Pyne enters the portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Drew Pyne enters the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind some more depth. Hopefully that kid from Texas stays committed and gets a redshirt his fresman year.
Does anyone redshirt anymore? I feel like if a kid is told he's going to redshirt, he'll just leave the following season because he doesn't wanna sit and was made to. This is the current mentality of the kids. Unfortunately, there are usually hundreds of kids, I believe, who enter the portal and never find a home.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Is he a grad student? If so he doesn't have to sit. I like Pyne and it would be good to open that pipeline to the Gold Coast and some talented football players who always seem to leave the state.

I would hope UConn and coach Mora would reach out to him and offer him

Reaction Score
I don’t understand. Do you think we’re competing for folks on that list? Isn’t the question whether we can find someone good enough to be a material improvement to what we have?

People think we have a shot at Van Dyke… if we get a top 30 transfer QB that’d be huge

Reaction Score
are we still using covid math? 3 years?
For anyone that was in school in 2020. So yes. Also probably had a redshirt year in 2020. This past season may have been a medical redshirt. Wham bam thank you ma'am. 3 years of eligibility. Will be the Seth Townes or CFB.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand. Do you think we’re competing for folks on that list? Isn’t the question whether we can find someone good enough to be a material improvement to what we have?
That is the question and i don't think Pyne is a clear upgrade to that. He wouldn't be throwing to the same caliber players he had at Notre Dame. He did seem to be really confident and i didn't always feel that Roberson exuded confidence with his body language.

Reaction Score
That is the question and i don't think Pyne is a clear upgrade to that. He wouldn't be throwing to the same caliber players he had at Notre Dame. He did seem to be really confident and i didn't always feel that Roberson exuded confidence with his body language.
To be fair he wouldn’t be throwing against the same caliber as players on defense.

Reaction Score
Forget about stars coming out of high school. I saw him play at Notre Dame. He would be a big improvement on what we have. As to how much better Van Dyke would be, can’t even imagine him coming here. He will be given money and a starting spot on a mid tier P-4 team.

Reaction Score
Forget about stars coming out of high school. I saw him play at Notre Dame. He would be a big improvement on what we have. As to how much better Van Dyke would be, can’t even imagine him coming here. He will be given money and a starting spot on a mid tier P-4 team.
I saw him at ND too. I juat feel he was throwing to exceptional athletes. ND fans were less than thrilled to have him.

Reaction Score
I saw him at ND too. I juat feel he was throwing to exceptional athletes. ND fans were less than thrilled to have him.
I’m really puzzled. There was a short period of time that we could argue that our level of performance wasn’t stories below ND’s level of performance. That period of time is not now. Any player who can play at a competent level at ND, getting on the field, would help us. Whether or not Notre Dame fans were thrilled with them.

Reaction Score
Guess i just don't see the raw arm talent of QBs that play at that level. If he came here great, he could win the job, but i don't think its an automatic. Especially if they coax Roberson into running more. He had no confidence in his legs this year, but he's not slow.

Reaction Score
Is he a grad student? If so he doesn't have to sit. I like Pyne and it would be good to open that pipeline to the Gold Coast and some talented football players who always seem to leave the state.

I doubt it would open the pipeline. They have Marinelli on staff and that hasn’t helped at all.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
To be fair he wouldn’t be throwing against the same caliber as players on defense.
Kinda depends on the opponent unless we are throwing to ourselves. Tennessee, Duke etc aren’t too shabby

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
on his second transfer, will have to sit a year. Don't go chasing on this one.
hes actually a grad transfer, eligible immediately

Reaction Score

Mora should definitely go after Pyne He’s a kid who played at New Canaan, and is New Canaan’s all time leading passer, and that’s quite a feat considering all the legends who have played there before him. I saw one game where Pyne was awesome while at Notre Dame, threw for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns, against USC. Let’s hope Marinelli still has some influence.

Reaction Score
I doubt it would open the pipeline. They have Marinelli on staff and that hasn’t helped at all.
Marinelli, Mora, and the rest of the coaching staff will definitely will be recruiting some in state kids tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Is he an upgrade over Taquon? probably but does he massively improve our roster? I dont think so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom