Dre or Andre or AJ or Jackson? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dre or Andre or AJ or Jackson?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My wife hates Jackson and feels compelled to remind me of that whenever he makes a bad play and sometimes after he makes a good one. My side of this conversation goes something like this:
  • Yes, I know.
  • So you keep telling me.
  • Got it!
  • OK you just have to stop…

Reaction Score
No one calls him that. It's a crappy movie from what, 1985? I doubt anyone on the team has even heard of the movie.

His coaches and teammates call him 'Dre. Leave it at that. AJ or Jackson is probably fine as a shorthand.

At least it's better than "the wrench"... but barely.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
hands giants GIF

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Action Jackson.

RIP.

Announcers force feeding that nickname is the kiss of death. Nothing organic about it.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
His passing really is elite for a wing. Some of those entry passes to the post were just phenomenal & he has a good bball IQ. Just needs to continue working on that shot & the sky is the limit.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
His passing really is elite for a wing. Some of those entry passes to the post were just phenomenal & he has a good bball IQ. Just needs to continue working on that shot & the sky is the limit.

Announcers mentioned the hockey assists. The alley oop from Gaff to Akok was set up by AJax getting the steal and quick pass up court by AJax to Gaff.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'Tee Pee shoots...it's in the hole!'
then,
'Now if we can only get him to clean up around the rim.'

ok, these two are so dang funny.
broke the net right thar. close it all down cuz there is nothing left, but the sounds of ringing laughter.
A+
(meaning nothing aboot the player, and everything aboot the comedy.)

that announcer guy (lavin) was trying waaaaay soo hard last night to shoehorn 'action jackson' into every comment, that it almost killed the nickname. on the udder hand, i'll cut him a bit of slack since i usually like him. the other announcer? thro him in the ocean, or send him to a jenny craig weight thing. lately, many announcers just can't seem to shut up.
my fav from him? when the rj 3 was reviewed. cheeseball was certain, with only the from under the basket replay view, that it was no good. hey putz! is it possible that a side view would show that his fingers were off the ball? guy almost had a stroke when they called it good, and, of course, immediately began a speech sounding in 'forget everything i just said!'

Reaction Score
No one calls him that. It's a crappy movie from what, 1985? I doubt anyone on the team has even heard of the movie.

His coaches and teammates call him 'Dre. Leave it at that. AJ or Jackson is probably fine as a shorthand.

At least it's better than "the wrench"... but barely.
Was also Chris Jackson’s nickname, at least until he became Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom