Downfall of Goodman | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Downfall of Goodman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You don't have an issue with the DePaul guy purposefully misrepresenting himself?
He didnt. Fanta got full access to the doc before it aired. Fanta is a grown adult. If he didnt do due dilligence that is on him. This boils down to a really simply issue.

Goodman is close with Ed. The doc shines a light on some unpleasant Cooley info. Since Goodman is affiliated with Fanta and doesnt want to tarnish his relationship with Cooley, he wanted the video taken down, and used a bs copyright excuse. Goodman always has been a gatekeeper. He really doesnt understand basketball. He thinks he is close with a lot of coaches, but they tolerate him because they have to.

Reaction Score
UConn is the number 1 team in country coming off their 5th Title yet UConn Twitter is losing their minds over a doc about Providence of all teams, Jeff Goodman who always sucked, and John Fanboy Fanta. I guess when things are going good need something to get mad about. I mean some of you are literally going crazy and getting personal, had to mute a bunch of you. I don't care about any of this just want to see posts on Twitter about UConn basketball.

As for Rob Dauster. He founded Field of 68 which is the best Twitter college basketball feed out there, they pump out content nightly plus he happens to be a die hard UConn fan, he's a member of the BY and runs a excellent UConn podcast. I'll give this dude a pass all day but thats me.

Reaction Score

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He didnt. Fanta got full access to the doc before it aired. Fanta is a grown adult. If he didnt do due dilligence that is on him. This boils down to a really simply issue.

Goodman is close with Ed. The doc shines a light on some unpleasant Cooley info. Since Goodman is affiliated with Fanta and doesnt want to tarnish his relationship with Cooley, he wanted the video taken down, and used a bs copyright excuse. Goodman always has been a gatekeeper. He really doesnt understand basketball. He thinks he is close with a lot of coaches, but they tolerate him because they have to.

Goodman tweeted that ESPN should get rid of Greenberg and out Hummel (Field of 68) in his place lol

Reaction Score
Field of 68 is awesome. Embarrassing to see UConn twitter whine on Twitter about it.
Not anymore it is. Used to listen routinely now I'm not going to give them the time of day. I hope their ratings suffer. Actions need to have consequences. Their fake apologies made things even worse. The cover up is worse than the crime, etc.
You don't have an issue with the DePaul guy purposefully misrepresenting himself?
If Fanta legit thought it was the actual BE, he is dumb. He practically works for the BE -- he is not that dumb. He is generous with his time which is why he did it. If you think for a second he thought it was the actual BE and believe Goodman, you're also dumb.

Goodman is using this Fanta BS as a shield for his need to mettle and protect his boy Ed.

Reaction Score
I could be misremembering but I recall him giving our fan base props for our travel before calling the Illini fan base the worst.

Edit: ok I misremembered
Yeah, dogged us. Lol
I think it's a good look to be honest; opposing players should have our Fans on their mind.

Reaction Score
Not anymore it is. Used to listen routinely now I'm not going to give them the time of day. I hope their ratings suffer. Actions need to have consequences. Their fake apologies made things even worse. The cover up is worse than the crime, etc.

If Fanta legit thought it was the actual BE, he is dumb. He practically works for the BE -- he is not that dumb. He is generous with his time which is why he did it. If you think for a second he thought it was the actual BE and believe Goodman, you're also dumb.

Goodman is using this Fanta BS as a shield for his need to mettle and protect his boy Ed.

Fanta didn't participate because he thought it was the Big East. He participated because he is a great guy who probably saw a fan making a passion project about the Big East who also has plans to make a doc about everyone in the Big East. Fanta was helping out.

If Goodman and Dauster didn't harass this kid like they did then this whole blow up never happens. And all we are talking about is how that time John Fanta gave some time to fan to make a documentary about Providence.

The Big East needs fan made stuff like this to grow it's profile. And they should welcome some controversy. Controversy makes for a compelling story. It's why F1 has been popular. Controversy and drama. Lord knows the actual racing has often been boring as hell.

Reaction Score
I don’t see this as him using Fanta’s dad as a sympathy card. I think they’re just trying to drive folks to the link to help out. I think you’re projecting some nefarious intention there.
I don't see that either but the statement he put out last night is lame and he did more digging...

Reaction Score

Maybe I am missing something. What specifically did Goodman and Dauster do besides the leaked text/ig exchange.

Reaction Score

This is absolutely correct.

Reaction Score
Whether you look at what Goodman did as bullying or not, the act of saying what he did, in writing, in flipping Twitter DMs, to fan account/ part time documentarian just smacks of playground nonsense. Whether you like Goodman or not, he is supposed to be a legitimate journalist and to reach out to someone in this manner is straight up unprofessional and completely undermines his credibility. Beyond making himself look like a tool, he has also brought his own journalistic integrity into question. It’s goon stuff, plain and simple.

To follow that up with the world’s most insincere apology and tell your followers that you were only “protecting your boys” and to “trust you because…. Reasons” is amateur. This is the same man who spent valuable airtime at BE media day trying to get Karaban to call Donovan fat and who asked the Hurley brothers if they got belted as kids. But he wants us to believe he has a moral issue with unsubstantiated rumors being presented for public consumption. Give me a break.

There is no way that Fo68 does not have access to both legal and PR resources. The fact that the entire addressing of the situation has been so childish and amateur makes the whole operation look bad. Either they’re getting really bad advice, or they’re not listening to the good advice they’re getting.

Reaction Score
Whether you like Goodman or not, he is supposed to be a legitimate journalist

I think he gave up the pretense of legitimate journalism quite some time ago.

I haven't listened or read anything he's said in years up until this foolishness. He's more well known for looking like a gargoyle than any kind of journalism.

Reaction Score
I can’t wait to see the Big East Films segment on St. John’s and Pitino! I wonder if there is a Jesuit connection.

Reaction Score

I haven't listened or read anything he's said in years up until this foolishness. He's more well known for looking like a gargoyle than any kind of journalism.
I never like making fun of how people look because there's nothing they can do about it but that's funny.

Reaction Score
Maybe I am missing something. What specifically did Goodman and Dauster do besides the leaked text/ig exchange.
Besides the HARASSING they tried to use Fanta as the justification of their harassment. Which made things even worse. Man up and apologize without making excuses on someone else's behalf.

Reaction Score
It was fun for a day, but I'm so over it now. Let them live, emperor. They are a bunch of guys who talk ball every night. When you are on the type of run we are on, you want as much CBB content as you can get. If they go under, there will be less content.

Also, I'm getting really sick of CurryHicksSage taking over every twitter spaces to just talk about himself while pretending to talk about whatever the topic is. I love his searchSZN stuff, because it provides interesting offseason content, but he has no big east affiliation and he never shuts up.

Reaction Score

Spot on, when ESPN let him go that was the end of his reign. Yes, you had to give him scoops and you had to pacify him because he was one of the bigger college basketball writers.

Since then? I mean that was over 5 years ago at this point. He's bounced around minor publications since still waving his gatekeeper flag like anyone takes him seriously.

Reaction Score
Not particularly relevant but my only interaction with Jeff Goodman was inside a courtroom when I was called for jury duty. So I find the prison comment funny, even if he was just there as a reporter

Reaction Score

Good points....The Uconn content Rob provides is great but I'm done listening if Goodman is on. I feel terrible for Fanta...this nonsense and then his father passes away suddenly...puts this twitter war into perspective

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Is any of this actually a big deal though? I get that Goodman is a d i ck and many want to see his downfall but the reaction to some fairly benign twitter beer muscles by him is extreme.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score

Don’t care about this whole saga at all, but that’s true on Goodman. This guy is a reporter, not an analyst. He’s supposed to tell us the news in CBB, but I don’t care about his opinions on teams, coaches, or players. He’s not a former player, he’s not some brainiac statistician, and he very clearly is biased towards coaches/teams.

He also is a big time gatekeeper and loves to belittle other people who give their opinion. Then people treat him poorly in return and it becomes a cycle of misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom