Down goes Duke | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Down goes Duke

Reaction Score
In their defense, it is nearly impossible to stay at a championship level when a program loses its iconic coach. In fact, I can't think of one program that has pulled it off. Not a single one......
Kansas? UNC?

Reaction Score
Kansas? UNC?

UNC suffered before Roy Williams.

And Kansas had to suffer like 15 seasons with Roy Williams not winning jack at Kansas.

ETA - since Kansas is a blue blood, Roy Williams didn't win jack at Kansas.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Some Duke fans on their board are saying they've lost interest in Duke basketball and the NCAA tournament because of NIL. Duke has too much money to pay kids and the players are no longer interested and it creates disharmony.

They're not coping well under Scheyer.
Schysterman strikes again.

Reaction Score
In their defense, it is nearly impossible to stay at a championship level when a program loses its iconic coach. In fact, I can't think of one program that has pulled it off. Not a single one......
It is nearly impossible and extremely rare, but "it's doable." I read ya.

Reaction Score
IMG_0134.jpeg

Reaction Score
I mean. Kids make dumb mistakes. He could have went to UCONN and had a chance to potentially lead a 3-peat
Well there’s also the angle that he could be watching this mess with the thinking that he’s got the talent to single-handedly restore his childhood team to its former glory (right or wrong).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah that’s happened many times without a technical called.

No matter Duke lost the day gets better and better. Looks like they tripped over themselves.

Noooooo…..that one is a technical foul.

He was up there for like three seconds for some reason. He had enough time to commit the technical foul and basket interference while he was there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Some Duke fans on their board are saying they've lost interest in Duke basketball and the NCAA tournament because of NIL. Duke has too much money to pay kids and the players are no longer interested and it creates disharmony.

They're not coping well under Scheyer.

And they are literally getting the exact same kind of kid now than they were before NIL when all they had to do was things like making Chris Duhon’s mom CEO of IBM or something.

Reaction Score
I call bull dinky on Danny wanting to coach Duke
Tried finding it cannot find but i am 99.9% sure he said it. It wasnt a long discussion but he mentioned it. I cant be the only person here who saw it so hopefully someone here backs me and has the quote.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Tried finding it cannot find but i am 99.9% sure he said it. It wasnt a long discussion but he mentioned it. I cant be the only person here who saw it so hopefully someone here backs me and has the quote.
You actually might be. I've never heard it before.

Reaction Score
There were a handful of jobs Hurley always said he could see himself aspiring to have. Duke is one of them, but so is his current employer. And, he’s not trying to collect them all, just wants to be comfortable and win.

As for all the NIL and transfer stuff- I find that a lot of people hate it and complain about it the most when their team loses and tend to tolerate/embrace it when their team is good. Lose to NC State? I hate the state of college athletics and, frankly, couldn’t care less. Win a championship? Clearly, the sport has reached its final and perfect form.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geno said it once. I don't remember Danny ever saying it.

Reaction Score
There were a handful of jobs Hurley always said he could see himself aspiring to have. Duke is one of them, but so is his current employer. And, he’s not trying to collect them all, just wants to be comfortable and win.
UNC was another one, which is just a way funnier story line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom