Down goes Duke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Down goes Duke

Reaction Score
You can’t hang on the rim with one hand and grab the ball with the other. Easy tech.

Numerous times not called a T just offensive goal tending simple call. Hanging on the rim in celebration and taunting is a T. He wasn’t doing either.

Reaction Score
Numerous times not called a T just offensive goal tending simple call. Hanging on the rim in celebration and taunting is a T. He wasn’t doing either.
Although it was a bulls__ call, it was probably the best outcome. One free throw and then possession arrow for NCSt.

If offensive goaltending, Duke likely gets 2 or 3 points that possession.

Refs were trying to help Duke and they screwed it up.

Reaction Score
Although it was a bulls__ call, it was probably the best outcome. One free throw and then possession arrow for NCSt.

If offensive goaltending, Duke likely gets 2 or 3 points that possession.

Refs were trying to help Duke and they screwed it up.

Yeah good call on that and probably accurate. And they were trying to help out as per usual.

Reaction Score
Duke should give Scheyer another extension tonight.
Wait till they dont win anything next season with their burger boys. Theyll start to realize Scheyer isnt very good. It worries me because DH once said that would be the only job he`d consider leaving for. To be faif that may have changed obviously.

Reaction Score
Some Duke fans on their board are saying they've lost interest in Duke basketball and the NCAA tournament because of NIL. Duke has too much money to pay kids and the players are no longer interested and it creates disharmony.

They're not coping well under Scheyer.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Dook needs a real HC. Opey just is not going to work out. Maybe they can hire Barney next. That would be special.

Reaction Score
Some Duke fans on their board are saying they've lost interest in Duke basketball and the NCAA tournament because of NIL. Duke has too much money to pay kids and the players are no longer interested and it creates disharmony.

Lol those poor children. Do they have no idea that Duke has been paying players since at least Avery and Magette, and probably earlier?

They thought it was Coach Ratface's winning personality that signed up all those 5-stars?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I know I’m biased, but doesn’t Scheyer himself and the Duke “Brotherhood” brand feel extremely inauthentic? The Dan Hurley UConn brand feels much more real and long lasting.

I’m not sure any of these hand picked successor coaches will ever pan out, these big time jobs must be earned. I think there are things Hurley(and K) learned that Scheyer never got the opportunity to learn because he didn’t start at the bottom.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

It’s going to be a poop show next year when their entire team is highly paid freshman. Freshman usage is down, kids are coming in less prepared. With the Duke brand they would be better off just scooping up priority transfers at every spot.

Reaction Score
this is beautiful

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpeg
    IMG_0134.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 227
Reaction Score
I know I’m biased, but doesn’t Scheyer himself and the Duke “Brotherhood” brand feel extremely inauthentic? The Dan Hurley UConn brand feels much more real and long lasting.

I’m not sure any of these hand picked successor coaches will ever pan out, these big time jobs must be earned. I think there are things Hurley(and K) learned that Scheyer never got the opportunity to learn because he didn’t start at the bottom.
The Duke brotherhood is nothing more than a sales pitch for a bunch of one and dones. I actually respect calamari by comparison for callin it like it is. There’s no Kentucky brotherhood.

Reaction Score
Lol those poor children. Do they have no idea that Duke has been paying players since at least Avery and Magette, and probably earlier?

They thought it was Coach Ratface's winning personality that signed up all those 5-stars?
Earlier

Reaction Score
In their defense, it is nearly impossible to stay at a championship level when a program loses its iconic coach. In fact, I can't think of one program that has pulled it off. Not a single one......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom