Down Goes 1 & 2 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Down Goes 1 & 2

Reaction Score
We'll see. UCF is the worst loss among all the losses and relative to the top teams their advanced metrics are bad, so I think that those things will be going for us.

There will definitely be some people who do what you suggest. But there were also voters who put UNC ahead of both UConn AND Kentucky last week, and I think there will be plenty who do that.

If we're not #1, it will be because we're behind Purdue is my guess.
Only 6 ballots had UNC ahead of UConn. All other ballots every team in front of UConn lost on the road to an unranked team (Purdue, Houston, Kansas, Tennessee, Kentucky).

Depending on how well UConn plays tomorrow (and hopefully UConn winning), I assume 1st place votes will be spread between Purdue, UConn, and UNC with the first two fighting it out for the number 1 spot.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Only 6 ballots had UNC ahead of UConn. All other ballots every team in front of UConn lost on the road to an unranked team (Purdue, Houston, Kansas, Tennessee, Kentucky).

Depending on how well UConn plays tomorrow (and hopefully UConn winning), I assume 1st place votes will be spread between Purdue, UConn, and UNC with the first two fighting it out for the number 1 spot.
You think Kansas won't get 1st place votes? I hope you're right.

In any event, if we ever get fully healthy, we're the best team in the country.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Love the optimism.. Let's see where we're at after Creighton/Nova next week.. Expecting #2 after a Georgetown win.. National press not in love with UConn yet
Playing the odds that sooner or later every team loses a game, the national press knows it can hedge its enthusiasm with Clingan on the bench. This Forum does the same.

Which one informs & influences the other more?

Reaction Score
Here’s the pro & the con.

NYC is not a home game for us. Other “Blue bloods” like UNC and Duke consider it a “home court” but if we win, media waters it down like a home court game

Reaction Score
You think Kansas won't get 1st place votes? I hope you're right.

In any event, if we ever get fully healthy, we're the best team in the country.
I don't see Kansas getting any votes after losing to UCF. Maybe 1 or 2 but not many. Sure beat Oklahoma at home but that loss to UCF plus their analytics should pull them back to a bit probably to 4th in the poll.

They really don't seem capable of winning against good competition away from the Phog.

Reaction Score
I don't see Kansas getting any votes after losing to UCF. Maybe 1 or 2 but not many. Sure beat Oklahoma at home but that loss to UCF plus their analytics should pull them back to a bit probably to 4th in the poll.
Yeah Oklahoma was "top 10" but 16th in KenPom coming into the game. A home win over them is nice but not nice enough to overcome a loss to a mediocre team for the polls.

Reaction Score
90084-0926dbba29a8651cac16c4d30c3749c9.jpg

Reaction Score

They really don't seem capable of winning against good competition away from the Phog.
Also, Oklahoma had already lost earlier this week as well, so the win already lost its luster.

They were #3 and lost to a bad team. I don't expect them to get any #1 votes.

Reaction Score
Win today and I think we will be 3. Purdue and Kansas will stay ahead of us.

Reaction Score
Win today and I think we will be 3. Purdue and Kansas will stay ahead of us.
I'm not saying this is impossible, but this would be an absolute travesty and more fuel for Hurley's conviction that nobody is treating us with the respect that championship programs deserve. People would have to be looking for a reason not to rank us #1.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
The biggest issue is our SOS. We lose almost 5 points. If we were just break even with our SOS we would be #2 Kenpom. Every team except one other in the KP rankings gets help from their schedule. Houston is dinged less than one point. I am guessing that will change as St Johns is moving up. Seton Hall is only a few places higher than UCF. Most of the analytics do not favor us. But if it was purely analytics and computer models Kansas would not be top ten. Wish we had Steph when we played them. He would have matched up with McCullers better than anyone we had playing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom