Down Goes 1 & 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Down Goes 1 & 2

Reaction Score
I think Purdue has to drop to at least 3, and Houston has to drop to 3 or 4.

It’s not like this is Purdue’s first loss to a middling-or-worse team. We have probably the “best” loss in the country, and one loss to a solid Seton Hall on the road. They’ve lose to not only Nebraska but Northwestern.

Reaction Score
Yes. If we play solid we can hope KU gets taken down by Oklahoma on Saturday. Then there’s no way the writers let us slide like last year. We get #1. The target in hs just gets bigger as we head into the meat of conference play these next weeks. But so long as Kansas stays at 1 loss. They will be the top team with having beaten us as well.

Reaction Score
It’s not like this is Purdue’s first loss to a middling-or-worse team. We have probably the “best” loss in the country, and one loss to a solid Seton Hall on the road. They’ve lose to not only Nebraska but Northwestern.

Both of Purdue loses were on the road also, and both Nebraska and Northwestern are ranked higher on both KenPom and NET than Seton Hall.

Seton Hall should have lost to Georgetown last night.

Reaction Score
Both of Purdue loses were on the road also, and both Nebraska and Northwestern are ranked higher on both KenPom and NET than Seton Hall.

At this point in time Seton Hall on the road isn’t a bad loss.

But neither is northwestern and Iowa St on the road. Iowa St is top 20 on KenPom

Reaction Score
It's no shame to lose in the last minute at Iowa State. They're #17 in Kenpom, right behind Kansas.

I think we stay #4 in the polls until Donovan is fully back.
No way this is true IF we go 2-0 this week. Donovan being out has no bearings on the ranking so long as we keep winning. Tonight is a tricky one. But GTown at home is a gimmie

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It’s like we have forgotten about karma. Yes when these teams lose you know it could help us move up. But we should not have a two page thread talking about where we should be ranked, while assuming we win our next two games. With the caveat that at home against Gtown should be a win. But not counting on anything but a nail biter tonight vs Xavier.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Houston has a great coach and great program. They have been deep in the tourney and to the Final Four very recently. Of course they will fall after a loss, but that takes nothing away form the program which is pretty darn good.
It's a good team and a good program. They play nobody OOC and until this year, play nobody in conference. So how good are they? Less good than their record suggests. They are a top 20 team. I don't think they are a top 5 team and top 10? Not sure.

Reaction Score
It cracks me up when people say to stop speculating and just focus on the next game. How many of us are coaching or playing in it? We are fans on a message board, not players in the locker room talking about our ranking next week.
Also a fair point

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of this Iowa State team under Otzelberger.

Just a tough, physical defensive team. Tamin Lipsey can be a headache on offense, but he is a monster of an on-ball defender.
Fan of the team for sure. Just wish the guy would stop wearing shirts that he still has from high school.

Reaction Score

Seton Hall has beaten two top 10 teams and their NET is lower than Northwestern and Nebraska? That’s a shock.

Reaction Score
I could see it going either way. Even with the loss, a reasonable person could make an argument that Purdue's resume is still better than ours. Having said that, winning @Butler and Xavier (by no means a given) aren't all that sexy but they are Quad 1 wins nonetheless.

Reaction Score
I could see it going either way. Even with the loss, a reasonable person could make an argument that Purdue's resume is still better than ours. Having said that, winning @Butler and Xavier (by no means a given) aren't all that sexy but they are Quad 1 wins nonetheless.
Their resume is 1000% better than ours. But, polling is recency biased.

Poe

Reaction Score
I’m just glad the seton hall loss is looking better and better

Reaction Score
Possible. I think Purdue drops to #3. Maybe #4. Purdue held the #1 post before. Got sent back down, then climbed to #1 again. Now back down. Curious to see the rankings come Monday. /we win and we are up there.
Purdue lost by 16 to Nebraska. Do u think if we had clingan we wud lose to Nebraska by 16? If we handle our business, and Kansas wins their 2 games, we will be #2 come Monday at noon. But then again, for some reason , the national voters jock the boring ole big 10. So maybe not. Comical

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes. If we play solid we can hope KU gets taken down by Oklahoma on Saturday. Then there’s no way the writers let us slide like last year. We get #1. The target in hs just gets bigger as we head into the meat of conference play these next weeks. But so long as Kansas stays at 1 loss. They will be the top team with having beaten us as well.
We're doomed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom