Doron visits the team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Doron visits the team

Reaction Score
OK, a few one-offs that are not displays of basketball skills popped up for me:

Hilton scratching his his temple at the foul line
El-Amin jumping onto the Pitt scorer's table
Donny's clapping that earned a technical

What else in this category?
Khalid jumping onto Pitt’s scorers table, stretching out the jersey across his chest to the belligerent Oakland Zoo after perhaps my favorite UConn comeback of all time. It was karma for all their bush league chants. And then they greeted him with a shower of empty plastic bottles. Totally classless by them. So sweet for us.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I regret that I do not possess the skills to create a GIF of a Sheffer outlet pass.

Oh how'd I'd love to have a small library of more game-to-game moving images that my mind's eye can instantly conjure with joy. These aren't the iconic one-offs like Ray's peddling feet en route to the layup against Georgetown, Caron's behind-the-back pass, the many thunderous dunks and winning shots, etc.

Instead, I'm thinking of Sheffer's pushing shoulder; Jake's double shoulders and hands together at the bottom of straight arms during a screen; even Rodney Purvis about to launch himself toward the basket but being 'reminded' that his foot was out-of-bounds.
What are some others?
You mean Rays quietly backpedaling after a made 3?

Reaction Score
Wasn't it Marcus Williams that used to throw some 40 foot bounce passes right on the money. He and Sheffer were two of the purest point guards ever to put on the UConn jersey. Loved watching both of them.
Sheffer's full court passes were a thing of beauty. He dropped it in there so most times the receiver never had to worry about dribbling. Just go up for a layup or dunk.

Reaction Score
Roscoe with his shiner during the 2011 run is one of my all time favorite Huskies. The look on Calhouns face after the long pass vs Texas is priceless plus the quick turn to the bench and look for a replacement. The Phil Nolan dunk at MSG vs Michigan State with Warde running down the sideline was another favorite moment.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Love that Doron signed the wall in Hebrew. He embodies the definition of a mensch. Will always be an important member of the Huskies mishpacha.
I'm pretty confident that Doron and Danny faced off in more than a couple of games and I believe that in at least a couple (more likely more than a couple) of them we won by more than 15 points (possibly more than 25 points). I don't think Hurley viewed Sheffer as a mensch after those games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They had a nice feature on the video board last night; a quick highlight of each of the 45 players for UConn that were drafted by the NBA, from Kimball to Martin. Doron was in there (and so was Ater Majok). The game also featured a couple of look-ahead passes for dunks that were positively Doronesq.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom