Dorka | The Boneyard

Dorka

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

There is no doubt in my mind that the doctors and trainers will put Dorka back together better than ever.

She’ll be ready to go (and participate in pick up games) by the time classes resume at the end of August. That's 5 months of rehabilitation after surgery. This injury should be an afterthought come that first exhibition game in November.

Reaction Score
When I saw it happen and they showed the replay of it, I thought Break or dislocation from the look. It's both!!!!
Wishing her a speedy and full recovery. She seems like a wonderful young Lady.

Reaction Score
I'm very sad about Dorka's injury, but I must say that the Dorka we saw on the court for those few brief minutes last night was the best Dorka we have ever seen. The aggressiveness, the determination, the relentless effort and in pursuing that orange ball was a joy to see. What was even better was the heart she displayed in overcoming her demons from the previous game. I hope she returns next year and wish her a full and speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
From looks of the injury, it appears to be a "classic " Callus fracture. The force of her landing on the left wrist, with her hand flat on the floor, to break her fall led to the fracture/dislocation. Very similar to falling on slippery surfaces. Depending on the severity, and damage to wrist, will be determining factors on the kind of surgery she might need.

Reaction Score
From looks of the injury, it appears to be a "classic " Callus fracture. The force of her landing on the left wrist, with her hand flat on the floor, to break her fall led to the fracture/dislocation. Very similar to falling on slippery surfaces. Depending on the severity, and damage to wrist, will be determining factors on the kind of surgery she might need.
That's exactly what I did when I slipped on ice and fell two years ago. A clean break. But man, I had images of Joe Theismann and his leg break when I saw it live- it looked like there was an extra angle to the hand that shouldn't be there. My wrist healed fine as clean fractures should- no issues, hope the same for her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Brought up memories of Shea going down and howling on the floor. :( Equally emotion-inducing was how Evina cared for Dorka...and how the players were visibly upset and took a bit to get back into the game.
I was so upset and emotionally drained after her injury, I shut it down and left the chat room. I didn't feel like texting after that. I can not say how wonderful it was to see her back on the bench.

It had to be uplifting for her teammates as well some of whom were in tears right after it happened. That is one heck of an emotional roller coaster ride for her teammates and coaches.

Reaction Score
This adds to my posts about this being a team of destiny. Another major injury to a key player at the worst possible time. Again, if they win the NC , it will be talked about for years. Now they have another reason to play their best basketball ever and win the whole thing! GO HUSKIES!!!. NO.12.

Reaction Score
I have had the same injury and I was guessing she had a fracture. Let's hope she gets well and does a good job of rehab.
She will. I’m not sure if it’s been pointed out but a second or two before she fell she stepped on one of the state players feet under the basket which caused her to lose her balance and fall backwards, at that point the only way for her to cushion her fall was to put her hands out behind her as she was falling. She still could have fallen with much less force, but if she doesn’t step on the other players foot she never breaks her wrist.

Reaction Score
That's exactly what I did when I slipped on ice and fell two years ago. A clean break. But man, I had images of Joe Theismann and his leg break when I saw it live- it looked like there was an extra angle to the hand that shouldn't be there. My wrist healed fine as clean fractures should- no issues, hope the same for her.
30+ years of emergency services, and the one quick glance on the replays told me all I needed to know. Ironically, I participated in first aid classes at the old Hawley Armoury on campus, and was a "victim" with a Callus fracture. Of course the makeup on my arm didn't approach "realism" of Dorka's. The location of the fracture includes the wrist bones, i.e ulna, radius, and multiple bones in the hand, along with ligaments, and tendons. Suffice it to say, she's in for a pretty extensive rehab, post surgery.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That was so tough to watch (and hear). Given it was her wrist, I think she can also be thankful that it was on her non-shooting hand.

Reaction Score
This is the true sister's love ...

1648564807160.png

Reaction Score
Try "Colle's fracture". I believe "collum/ collus " is a mis-spelling/ variant.
The wrist would look like it had an exaggerated fork /utensil configuration.
A long bone or two of the forearm is the " clean" break and the wrist bones
are "displaced" by the force of the trauma. It would be very nice if the wrist
bones escaped injury. They are " small " bones and don't have the better
blood supply for optimum healing. Best wishes to Dorka and the whole
team on their continued journey of destiny. GO HUSKIES!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom