Dorka getting it done | The Boneyard

Dorka getting it done

Reaction Score
2 for 3, 1 FT for 5 pts... 3 rebs, 1 blk. She was 0 +/-... other than Shepard, who was +1, Dorka was the only non-negative one on the team...
Dorka will begin to assimilate to the pro game. I think she will be just fine in Minnesota and playing abroad. Dorka is a very versatile center. I might even go as far to put her on the 4. She just needs more pro exposure. As the season begin to unwind, the real Dorka is going to come out and have a monster game. I always thought that Dorka's area of improvement is guarding players her height, and more so, learning how to guard different types of centers.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
2 for 3, 1 FT for 5 pts... 3 rebs, 1 blk. She was 0 +/-... other than Shepard, who was +1, Dorka was the only non-negative one on the team...
Dorka looked good when she was in. Interesting that she and Shep -- who play similar games -- were the only non-negatives. I think Reeve uses Shepard and Dorka as combination center/forwards, which take advantage of their versatility.

In that veing, PG Lindsay Allen didn't play last night (hamstring strain) and the offense was being facilitated by Shepard, who had 7 assists, to go along with her 8 rebounds and eight points (3-5 shooting). Dorka sees the floor well, too.

Reeve has no back-up PG, so Lynx better hope the hammy is a strain, at best.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Minnesota had an abysmal quarter (22-3) and wasn’t very good overall. Their PG play was weak and TOs were worse than UConn.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Minnesota had an abysmal quarter (22-3) and wasn’t very good overall. Their PG play was weak and TOs were worse than UConn.
Lindsay Allen pulled a hamstring and DNP last night. She would have made a big difference

Lindsay is one of my favorite Domers along with Jewel Loyd

Reaction Score
Jessica Shepherd is my favorite ND as she and Collier had great chemistry in the past at MN. I hope Dorka learns from Jess.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Jessica Shepherd is my favorite ND as she and Collier had great chemistry in the past at MN. I hope Dorka learns from Jess.
I have this long distance impression that Dorka is by temperament and upbringing a dedicated sponge where learning is concerned.

Reaction Score
I hope Dorka gets a few more minutes out on the floor. She had 13 minutes in that Atlanta game the other day. Coach Reeves sticking with some of the vets too long. I know she has that trust factor with them but sometimes, you gotta just try something new. Dorka needs some minutes! :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I hope Dorka gets a few more minutes out on the floor. She had 13 minutes in that Atlanta game the other day. Coach Reeves sticking with some of the vets too long. I know she has that trust factor with them but sometimes, you gotta just try something new. Dorka needs some minutes! :D
I agree. It's not like the vets lit it up last season.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Dorka looked good when she was in. Interesting that she and Shep -- who play similar games -- were the only non-negatives. I think Reeve uses Shepard and Dorka as combination center/forwards, which take advantage of their versatility.
I didn't see last night's game, but in the previous two I thought Minnesota looked best with Dorka and Jess in at the same time. They're both good rebounders and excellent passers and move their feet well on both offense and defense. Reeve may be the best in the W at implementing the pick-and-roll and the high-low. I can see those two and Collier and Dantas doing some damage.

Now they need better guard play.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I didn't see last night's game, but in the previous two I thought Minnesota looked best with Dorka and Jess in at the same time. They're both good rebounders and excellent passers and move their feet well on both offense and defense. Reeve may be the best in the W at implementing the pick-and-roll and the high-low. I can see those two and Collier and Dantas doing some damage.

Did you mean Milic? Dantas got cut before the season started.

Does anyone know why McBride didn't play in the game last night? ESPN's box score says "personal reasons".

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Did you mean Milic? Dantas got cut before the season started.

Does anyone know why McBride didn't play in the game last night? ESPN's box score says "personal reasons".
Oops! I'd missed that Dantas had been cut. I guess that's why I haven't seen her. :oops: I haven't been impressed with Milic, although she's young.

Reaction Score

I will have to watch the game again but I do like Jess and what she can do, if the Lynx ever get a decent pattern down. At one of the press conferences, either after the Sky game or the Dream game, the players were saying how they know their identity as a team. Coach Reeves was asked that same question and her response was the complete opposite. "I think we just have to figure out our identity." So, clearly my beloved Lynx are not on the same page :)

Plus I hear talks of "tanking" so that we can get a top 3 draft spot. SMH

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom