Donyell Tweet - Fractured UConn "family" | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Donyell Tweet - Fractured UConn "family"

Reaction Score
You know what? Guys from the 80s and early 90s younger fans have no idea who they are or what they did. And video isn’t as available. Lastly maybe Donyell should worry that they’ll show the free throws he missed that cost us our first trip to the Final Four.
I have never recovered from that. Was it intentional Donyell?

Reaction Score
It's just the bias of the new. Look at the GOAT chart. Most of the voters didn't see anyone in the last century. They think Josh Boone (no offense) was better than Toby Kimball.
If N was not next to B on a QWERTY keyboard this would be quite an ironic post.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I have never recovered from that. Was it intentional Donyell?

Even more reason to take his name down if he keeps badmouthing the university at the behest of his buddy KO.

pj

Reaction Score
Even more reason to take his name down if he keeps badmouthing the university at the behest of his buddy KO.

Pardon me, when did he badmouth the university? I missed that. All I saw was a reasonable point about past UConn stars not being featured in marketing videos.

Reaction Score
We've got several boxes of videotapes from the 80's and 90's and they are "just a bit grainy".

On occasion, we'd put one in the player (yes we still have it) and watch one of the games that started the ascent (some of the first being the 1988 NIT semi and final, complete with Lyman shutting down Barros and Gamble and King on the backboard after the win).

Now that someone posted the link to the games from the past we don't watch them but it's hard to get rid of them...........they helped make up for all the earlier disappointments.
Watching the 1988 NIT game VS BC. Lyman is on my starting 5 of all time Huskies and might be the captain. Unbelievable defensive player and one tough SOB. Calhoun must of loved coaching him.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I don't think the issue is about KO getting fired, it is about him not getting paid.

This was about neither.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I didn't read this entire thread..but Donyell does have a point. Those guys were awesome and critical to the programs success.
However anyone that played before him and Ray are too old for any current report to even have heard (or care) about. Not to mention its probably a kid who runs the uconn mbb insta/Twitter, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom