Donyell Marshall joining Steve Pikiell's staff | The Boneyard

Donyell Marshall joining Steve Pikiell's staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
@!#=*! I knew Steve was making that call.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
CeG00tGUMAAwdzH.jpg:large

Check out Donyell's hoverboard...

Reaction Score
Like to see donyell here someday, seems like great recruiter and a very positive coach/force for kids reading some of the stories. ****And of course, can work w bigs!****

Also, seems very hungry to succeed and motivated to do big things. Think he would mesh well w KO!

Reaction Score
Rutgers - disastrous sports program but Power 5 Conference - Big Ten

UConn- great sports program (excluding fball) but no Power 5 - American Athletic Conference

Who has a better chance coaching at their respective schools 5 years from now? Ollie or Pikiell? I'm going to go with Ollie because of history of the hoops program and name recognition but the AAC will always prevent UConn Men's hoops from being what it once was under Calhoun and the Big East Conference. ...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Happy for them both - I suspected this would be one of his hires.

I've never disliked Rutgers at all (except for C. Viv), so this is all ok by me. Hopefully they can turn things around in the next couple of seasons and become a respectable team.

Reaction Score
And 3...2....1... until Chief comes on and tells us all about how Glen Miller sucks as a position coach.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Donyell is going the exact opposite route of Gottlieb. He's paying his dues, making con ections, sponsoring AAU, etc.

Gottlieb says he can't afford an assistant coach's pay. No wonder he stole CC's. He must be a total suckass managing finances.

Reaction Score
, so our entire staff is UConn alumni, and soon Rutgers will have the same? It's almost as if we aren't a little liberal arts school in the woods of Connecticut

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Calhoun to ESPN, Warde to Michigan, Pikiell to Rutgers, now Marshall to Rutgers...taking over the Big Ten, one job at a time. Yeah, just keep having meetings Big 12, it just buys us time.

Reaction Score
Rutgers - disastrous sports program but Power 5 Conference - Big Ten

UConn- great sports program (excluding fball) but no Power 5 - American Athletic Conference

Who has a better chance coaching at their respective schools 5 years from now? Ollie or Pikiell? I'm going to go with Ollie because of history of the hoops program and name recognition but the AAC will always prevent UConn Men's hoops from being what it once was under Calhoun and the Big East Conference. ...
Really going out on a limb here. What swayed you? Ollie's national title or the fact that Rutgers is a dumpster fire?

C

Chief00

And 3...2....1... until Chief comes on and tells us all about how Glen Miller sucks as a position coach.

Well, let me give you credit for specifying my criticism with Glen is as a position coach not in his other coaching roles - although I am not happy about his romance with the match up zone.

At any rate, you must disagree with me because you have seen great developmental progress in Brimah, Facey and Nolan. Glen's track record is now 3 years long with these guys.

As for physical development - quite frankly my lying eyes!

Reaction Score
You are dead to me DM...... just playing best of luck

Reaction Score
Well, let me give you credit for specifying my criticism with Glen is as a position coach not in his other coaching roles - although I am not happy about his romance with the match up zone.

At any rate, you must disagree with me because you have seen great developmental progress in Brimah, Facey and Nolan. Glen's track record is now 3 years long with these guys.

As for physical development - quite frankly my lying eyes!
Miller sucks. The results don't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc