Don't Yuh Just Hate IT! | The Boneyard

Don't Yuh Just Hate IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, I have detected some early doubts on this board. We just need to be patient.
It would be ridiculous to judge where these new players are going to go after just two exhibition games. There was a lot of doubt over the type of player Mo would end up deep into her freshman season, and Stewie's first year struggles were well documented.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Ayep! A couple of exhibition games ( one game with an odd ball and odd rules) and some of the BY faithful are ready to relegate Samuelson to the far end of the bench. The rest of us will probably wait for a couple of games.

As an aside, spell check here doesn't recognize "Ayep" as a word. And this a New England board. Shame!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't know - Collier doesn't look anything like Maya does, I mean did you see that game winner in the finals?! And Lou ... all I can say is she ain't no KML hitting 49% of her threes last year

Being a freshman is absolutely no excuse - we have standards here!
I tell ya we are DOOMED!
:cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't know - Collier doesn't look anything like Maya does, I mean did you see that game winner in the finals?! And Lou ... all I can say is she ain't no KML hitting 49% of her threes last year

Being a freshman is absolutely no excuse - we have standards here!
I tell ya we are DOOMED!
:cool:

Ayep, pretty much. You betcha.

Reaction Score
Those young ladies will be great (as well as De'Janae)! Just be patient and trust "The System". They're definitely in great hands to learn all they need to learn in order to succeed. We will soon see greatness...just hold on and enjoy the ride!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Think about it. The weight of the WCBB world is on this team's shoulders. 4 in a row? The freshman arrive to this festival of angst. Sure, they knew what they were buying into in a clinical, from a distance sort of way. Now they are in the cauldron, shocked as all freshman are by the intensity of effort that is UConn, knowing they don't measure up, but absolutely must to realize their dreams. They look up and see the banners and hopefully they think how great #11 is going to look next fall, increasingly confident that this will happen and they both belong and will contribute to its being raised.

Reaction Score
Ayep! A couple of exhibition games ( one game with an odd ball and odd rules) and some of the BY faithful are ready to relegate Samuelson to the far end of the bench. The rest of us will probably wait for a couple of games.

As an aside, spell check here doesn't recognize "Ayep" as a word. And this a New England board. Shame!
I believe the alternative New England spelling, Ayuh, may just work....

Reaction Score
It would be ridiculous to judge where these new players are going to go after just two exhibition games. There was a lot of doubt over the type of player Mo would end up deep into her freshman season, and Stewie's first year struggles were well documented.

I seem to remember reading the BY early in Stewie's freshman year and some poster complained that she resembled a scarecrow running around aimlessly. By that measure our new freshmen should exceed any player we have ever had here male or female.

Reaction Score
Yes, I have detected some early doubts on this board. We just need to be patient.
Detected some doubts??? One went to far as say KLS couldn't throw the ball in the ocean or words to that effect. That's not doubt --you finish the phrase.
Although most have been very up beat about Napheesa, me too.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember reading the BY early in Stewie's freshman year and some poster complained that she resembled a scarecrow running around aimlessly. By that measure our new freshmen should exceed any player we have ever had here male or female.
Stewie had a lot of games after the major amount of AAC games were played where she "slumped" and Geno sat her, until the NCAA's where she tore everyone a new ----basketball.!! She just had a terrible time with being beaten to a pulp every game--gee, I wonder why??

Reaction Score
I believe the alternative New England spelling, Ayuh, may just work....
Ahya is way up north these days, once it was typical Connecticut eeze. My mother would be on the black pedestal phone and answer---Ahya every 30 seconds to my very talkative Aunt Mame, Ahya that's the way it went. The country thought us a bunch of hicks--we loved the title. Movies showed us hitching up the horse to the buggy to pick someone up at the RR station. Ahya. I only did that when I went to the feed store.

Reaction Score
When Geno kills a conversation - er debate - over players.

"The two of them as they get better. Lou and Napheesa, this is the worst they are going to look when they are at Connecticut and they look pretty good, that is the way I look at it."

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2015/11/freshmen-collier-samuelson-trying-to.html
When Geno kills a conversation - er debate - over players.

"The two of them as they get better. Lou and Napheesa, this is the worst they are going to look when they are at Connecticut and they look pretty good, that is the way I look at it."

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2015/11/freshmen-collier-samuelson-trying-to.html
Geno professes to NOT read the BY or the Courant blogs--but someone on his staff tells him what is said. Because too often his comments are used to fend off or in this case blunt negative comments about his kids.
There have been some less than favorable comments about KLS's 3 ball shooting and defense in both venues spoken about.
WE will see two freshmen getting lots of minutes during the AAC games and if they improve as expected--in the NCAA's.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Freshman or not... KLS should be knocking down those 3's

should she know all the offensive plays and defensive schemes nooooooooooo but WIDE OPEN 3's you damn skippy those should be going in

Reaction Score
Detected some doubts??? One went to far as say KLS couldn't throw the ball in the ocean or words to that effect. That's not doubt --you finish the phrase.
Although most have been very up beat about Napheesa, me too.
I was being gentle.
Recall tha KLS beat the c##p out of Breanna in the 3-pt competition at first night.

Reaction Score
I have absolute faith in one fact. When top talented players come to Uconn, this coaching staff will always help these players achieve their goals of greatnesss.

Reaction Score
Think about it. The weight of the WCBB world is on this team's shoulders. 4 in a row? The freshman arrive to this festival of angst. Sure, they knew what they were buying into in a clinical, from a distance sort of way. Now they are in the cauldron, shocked as all freshman are by the intensity of effort that is UConn, knowing they don't measure up, but absolutely must to realize their dreams. They look up and see the banners and hopefully they think how great #11 is going to look next fall, increasingly confident that this will happen and they both belong and will contribute to its being raised.

The THING about BUYING into anything as a KID is ----you never ever REALLY know what you are BUYING into until you are there and required to do it. I remember my first day in boot camp and I asked my self --"what did you do" These kids are under 100 times the pressures most of us feel on a job==hopefully they are too young to know it.

Reaction Score
Detected some doubts??? One went to far as say KLS couldn't throw the ball in the ocean or words to that effect.

Got 'em confused with the Avery Point team, obviously. Nearest open water is a half-hour's drive from Storrs; you'd need some engineers and a questionably legal amount of rocket fuel to hit that shot.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Freshman or not... KLS should be knocking down those 3's

should she know all the offensive plays and defensive schemes nooooooooooo but WIDE OPEN 3's you damn skippy those should be going in

And Collier should not be going short on bunnies! What is accomplished by harping on either situation. Did you see KML's game to game 3 shooting as a frosh? I think some folks here have to chill or question their motivations as fans

Reaction Score
Got 'em confused with the Avery Point team, obviously. Nearest open water is a half-hour's drive from Storrs; you'd need some engineers and a questionably legal amount of rocket fuel to hit that shot.
Actually she was at Hammonasette and it went right over L.I. (Montuck Point), across 3000 miles and hit Big Ben. The kid has strength.. She took the drive down 195 to 84 to 91 to 9 to Rt 1. pretty good or Calif kid.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
And Collier should not be going short on bunnies! What is accomplished by harping on either situation. Did you see KML's game to game 3 shooting as a frosh? I think some folks here have to chill or question their motivations as fans
let's just stop talking about these 2 exhibition games, why post the video of them... the music during stoppage, Nurse new pull-up jumper, Butler's return time. Yeah let's stop sharing our opinions. What if EDD stayed, 2002 or 2009... Charde? Collier make those damn bunnies, geesh!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
let's just stop talking about these 2 exhibition games, why post the video of them... the music during stoppage, Nurse new pull-up jumper, Butler's return time. Yeah let's stop sharing our opinions. What if EDD stayed, 2002 or 2009... Charde? Collier make those damn bunnies, geesh!

Feel better? Some biases are best left unexposed. Your revisionist history does not write. Fair fan dialogue is one thing; what you are selling is quite another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom