Don't forget Allie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Don't forget Allie

Reaction Score
I haven't watched a lot but I have watched enough to have an opinion on the USA team. Quite a few of the posts have been consistent with my thoughts as I watched them the other day. Rice is a 3 in a 2 body forces a lot of opportunities into turnovers. The inside out game was non existent but the perimeter players are certainly sitting open at the arc. The quality of the play overall in the games has been very mediocre and I question the quality of the coaching they are getting.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score

Ziebell was on fire!
z1-min.gif
z2-min.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That was a great exhibition of shooting the three. She had a couple open jumpers standing, she had a couple catches and a hop to a shot and the last one going the opposite of the natural shooting direction and none of them really touched much rim. I like how she understands what she is on the three point line for and is ready to complete the play the minute she receives the pass. Pretty nice package in a player that still has a year of HS to perfect her craft.

Reaction Score
They are screening for her like UConn does for their guards Paige, Lou, Azzi. I like the way she adjusted down to the corner to give the player driving from the opposite baseline a target when she got closed down. She will definately fit in at UConn. Can't you just see KK Crossing over and goin to the hoop and when she gets closed out she kicks it to Allie, Ashlynn and Qadence and they will be raining three's.

Reaction Score
USA Czech Republic starting now. Czech only loss to Canada 66 - 61 .... should be a good game.

Reaction Score
An observation on Ziebell while watching the Czech game. For kids who have not experienced the faster, more physical international game it can usually take awhile to make all the adjustments and learn to play at that pace. For Ziebell it's been just the opposite. With each game she plays faster with more physicality and quicker decision making, especially on defense. Her hands and feet are really quick. And her BB IQ looks to be very high. This isn't really normal for all kids. It shows how some US HS players have to play in a lower gear matching the slower pace of their winter HS competition. Now that she realizes that she can cut loose and play well at this level I think her development for UConn will really accelerate.

Reaction Score
An observation on Ziebell while watching the Czech game. For kids who have not experienced the faster, more physical international game it can usually take awhile to make all the adjustments and learn to play at that pace. For Ziebell it's been just the opposite. With each game she plays faster with more physicality and quicker decision making, especially on defense. Her hands and feet are really quick. And her BB IQ looks to be very high. This isn't really normal for all kids. It shows how some US HS players have to play in a lower gear matching the slower pace of their winter HS competition. Now that she realizes that she can cut loose and play well at this level I think her development for UConn will really accelerate.
I had the same thought... in the exhibition games she looked like she would need another year or two to really compete at this level but now she looks like she more than belongs. Not sure if she scored or did much offensively today (i only watched the first half) but defensively she was so active and disruptive- which she was really struggling with early on. I've been so impressed with Allie and agree she has one of the higher bb IQs on the team.

Reaction Score

Future Huskie opponents are going to have to cover the WHOLE offensive zone
when ALLIE is on the floor. I particularly enjoyed the highlight of
Allie circumnavigating the entire offensive zone to get the open
three pointer... looks just like Geno would draw it up!!
P.S. I believe that ALLIE is hitting nine for 15 from three-point land over
the last two games. Allie was three for four today and 6 for eleven against Argentina.
Way to go, ALLIE!

Reaction Score
The reason she doesn't turn the ball over is that she plays within the offense and doesnt try and drive thru multiple player. Her entry passes are accurate and her defense is pretty good right now. She also goes to the right spot to spread the defense all the time. I really like her game.

Reaction Score
Allie played 20 minutes against Germany, looking much more confident from her first outing. Learning a bit about some of her teammates who were highly regarded players that I have not seen much of. Joyce Edwards is all around the basket, Brea Cunningham is a great rebounder, but the player that impressed me the most was Chloe Kitts. Good all-around game, around the basket, good handle, and can shoot from outside. She also looks taller than I imagined. McMahon is a ball hog, and too much one on one by a few players for my taste. But, my sole major interest is only in Allie and Jana. I just learned during yesterday's game that although there are 3 17 year olds, only Allie won't be moving on to college ball this season. That is a huge complement for her, and I can't wait for her and Morgan to get here in 23-24. She looks like she belongs.
A small correction here, Allie isn't the only one of the three 17-year-old players who won't be moving on to college ball this season, there's also Joyce Edwards, the youngest of the three. Edwards is also the only one who could be back at the U19 World Championship in two years' time, as she was born in 2006. Allie is 17, but she was born in 2005, so she won't be able to play at the next U19 World Cup. The same goes for Jada, who was born a day before Allie (attachment). Sometimes you have to be wary of a player's class, as it only indicates the year she is finishing. The best example is Jerzi Robinson (class 2026) and Sydney Douglas (6'5 class 2028) who are less than a week apart at birth (attachment), yet when Robinson starts her Junior season in the NCAA, Douglas will be taking her first steps.

Translated with DeepL

Attachments

• Ziebell and Elalfy.png
    Ziebell and Elalfy.png
    403.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Jerzi Robinson et Sydney Douglas.png
    Jerzi Robinson et Sydney Douglas.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 71

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors