Donovan Williams transferring (...or not?) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Donovan Williams transferring (...or not?)

Reaction Score
I really like the fact that having him on offense as a receiver allows for a few more wrinkles in the playbook for Lashlee. Having a WR that can throw the ball confidently 30 yards downfield is a nice advantage that the other defenses have to honor. Plus, at 6'4", he can be an extremely useful WR if he masters the position...
Ala Keron Henry, I think that was his name, from many moons ago. He turned out to be a playmaker once moved out from under center. The future is bright for Donovan and the UConn offense.

Reaction Score
Dixon, Rose, Davis, Williams ... all HS quarterbacks. We don’t need all of them playing receiver. Dixon could probably be a very disruptive DB. I could see Williams at LB too.

Rose was one of the most sought after CT high school players. He had offers from Wisconsin, WVA, Pitt, Syracuse, BC, and Maryland. Have to think he will be playing TE.
Dixon will have a great career at wide out. Davis who has turned out to be quite versatile should play TE/Receiver. I guess Williams is a bit of a wild card but
I will wait and see what the coaches decide. Of the 4 Davis seems like he would be willing to do anything the coaches ask. Always loved his attitude!

If Scanes, Davis, Rose, Dixon and Williams are ever on the same offensive side of the ball together, we would have 5 former H.S. Quarterbacks on the field at the same time!

Reaction Score
Rose was one of the most sought after CT high school players. He had offers from Wisconsin, WVA, Pitt, Syracuse, BC, and Maryland. Have to think he will be playing TE.
Dixon will have a great career at wide out. Davis who has turned out to be quite versatile should play TE/Receiver. I guess Williams is a bit of a wild card but
I will wait and see what the coaches decide. Of the 4 Davis seems like he would be willing to do anything the coaches ask. Always loved his attitude!

If Scanes, Davis, Rose, Dixon and Williams are ever on the same offensive side of the ball together, we would have 5 former H.S. Quarterbacks on the field at the same time!
Would not surprise me if Edsall tells Rose to bulk up 20lbs and puts him at LB. He does have the speed and then some at that position. Dixon will start every game next year, and I'll bet he figures into a lot of trick plays.

Reaction Score

After next year we could have 6 or 7.

Reaction Score
We are thin at TE. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him there. Could be special as a TE

Reaction Score
We are thin at TE. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him there. Could be special as a TE
I think he would do well on either side of the ball. He is just a ridiculous athlete.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Anyone else surprised that Rose didn’t have a bigger impact last year? I know he had to kick the rust off, but from what I heard about him I expected more. I remember one onsides kick where it looked like he had never touched the football before.

I am sure he will make a big leap this year, but I thought we might see more last year.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I can break it down further. If a nose guard is doubled for the entire pass play, the problem with our scheme was we were not blitzing through the interior.

Additionally, even if doubled Foley should get some push.

We can also do stunts, which effectively makes it difficult to double effectively.

On running plays, the offensive blocking scheme depends on the running play - off tackle, sweep, draw etc.

Jimmy, I hold this helps. Merry Christmas.

Ok thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom