Donovan Clingan Returning (Per Himself) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan Returning (Per Himself)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Needs Adama to teach him a few post moves before he leaves. So much potential left in Clingan to unlock hope he puts in the work this offseason. Would like to see him set a goal to be a NPOY candidate he has that much raw talent.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine adding some of the Joker's-Colorado offensive sets to our already extensive playbook.

Reaction Score

I'm glad he is back as I saw a lot of mock drafts with him in the top 20. If he can gain any outside shot he is a lottery pick with his size, great shot blocking ability and mobility.

Reaction Score
Donovan with a 3-point stroke is a lottery pick.
I can't help but think Walker Kessler when I think of Donovan Clingan's pro prospects.

Kessler averaged just 8.8 mpg as a freshman at UNC, but had 20.0p, 14.8r, 3.9b per-40 stats in comparison to Clingan's 21.4p, 17.2r, 5.6b.

In his sophomore year at Auburn, Kessler's numbers improved averaging 25.6 mpg: 11.4p, 8.1r, 4.6b, 10-50 from 3.

That season finished with the 22nd overall pick in the NBA draft.

Clingan is taller, heavier, and could arguably could get more minutes per game than Kessler did in his sophomore season (for example, Sanogo averaged 26.6 mpg).

I mean, Clingan first committed, I wasn't thinking much about his NBA potential (I thought centers like him were 'dead' in the NBA), but yeah, if I were a betting man, I'd say he'll be picked higher than 22nd overall in the 2024 draft.

Reaction Score
If Donovan comes back and Adama comes back (big if for the latter), Hurley will have to figure out how to use two bigs at the same time. I don't think he can use Donovan 13 minutes a game in the coming season. He needs to give Donovan more minutes to improve his skills. Two bigs demanding time and playing together ... it would be a nice problem to have.
Sanogo to power forward improves his NBA prospects. Play Clingan at Center. Problem solved.

Reaction Score
Clingan was truly the one guy we couldn’t replace glad this is confirmed

Reaction Score
Next years team can be special. Clingan and Castle both have lottery potential and if Jackson develops a jumper he’s a late first rounder.

Reaction Score
DC made the right decision. He still needs to work on his offensive game and creating his own shot. He has the potential to be a dominant collegiate player next season - we already saw flashes of it this year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I heard some scuttlebutt at the parade that the Pacers were chatting up DC's Dad at the FF. The fella that told me said he was a BY lurker so this would be a good place for him to come in.

Reaction Score
if he decided to go pro, he’d be close to lottery.

nba loves mobile size

Reaction Score
Smart guy that Mr. Clingan. Putting your 19 year old son into the professional life of the NBA has to be scary. Some people are just looking at the money aspect of this but there's more to it than that to give yourself the best chance for a long and successful career. I think the Clingans are thinking about this the right way.
Bill Clingan is on UConn twitter spaces a lot. He emphasizes not wanting Donovan to get a big head, wanting him to take things slow, and wanting to make sure his son is both physically and mentally prepared for the next step. Very level headed guy. Based on what I‘ve heard Bill say I would have been pretty surprised if Donovan left after this season.

Reaction Score
Well this is a nice sound bite for sure.

Wish the behind the scenes weren’t as complicated as they are. Lots of players with lots of options. I think Cling Kong is a hometown hero and is definitely back next year.

Just unsure what happens with Sanogo, it’s a huge domino to fall this off-season, and clearly affects DC’s decision
We’re going way big and way more inside. I think chief gets his wish. If adama can play next to a traditional nba center, get 3-4 assists a game and get even a hint better 15-20’ out, in any capacity I think his chances of getting drafted go up. His points will certainly go down. But so long as he’s expanding his game he and we are solid.

Reaction Score
It was probably the second or third game he played I concluded there's not a ton of reason for him to play a second year of college. Someone would undoubtedly take him in the first round. Lottery likely. He's too big and too fast to ignore.

That said, I also felt he would play at least 2 years of college ball. Things could change, but that statement sounds like he isn't even considering leaving or not playing a 2nd year of college ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom