Donovan Clingan commits to UConn | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's cool we can have different opinions. But I just watched his game against Mikey Williams AAU team and the only thing he pretty much did was catch lobs at the rim. Tyler had a lot more skill and toughness at the same age. It could be that DC is still getting use to his body at 7'1 but yeah. No one has yet to post any film (like they did with his schedule) to say otherwise.
Ok so now he’s a less tough and less skilled version of olander. Lol

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This guy just keeps repeating himself even doubling down on his Olander call. It went from "He's just a bigger version of Olander?" to "Tyler had a lot more skill and toughness at the same age."

Yep, the troll isn't trolling.
I repeat myself asking for film because no one provides it. They just say smart ass comments like this to help their message to like ratio that I guess is really important. When if y'all just gave film the first time I would've gladly shut up. I'm providing a VERY simple solution here but y'all would rather call me a troll I guess.

Reaction Score
I repeat myself asking for film because no one provides it. They just say smart ass comments like this to help their message to like ratio that I guess is really important. When if y'all just gave film the first time I would've gladly shut up. I'm providing a VERY simple solution here but y'all would rather call me a troll I guess.
Here's some highlights from KC, I'll try to find highlights from Pittsburgh where he supposedly looked even better

Reaction Score
Donovan Clingan Film

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Moving off of the “I need to see film, someone give me film” posts for a moment, I vaguely remember people insisting that we had no shot at Clingan because he was going to Michigan.

I need those posts.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Matthew Mcconaughey GIF

Reaction Score
Moving off of the “I need to see film, someone give me film” posts for a moment, I vaguely remember people insisting that we had no shot at Clingan because he was going to Michigan.

I need those posts.
I wasn't a Michigan guy but I did say I thought we had no shot after the syracuse visit. The site of the pukish orange jersey really triggered me at that time
That's my bad. But what a great way to kick off the holiday weekend! The Amore article was a great read

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Let me lighten the mood a bit. We all UConn fans here. (still would love to see that film though)
View attachment 68373
hehe, ur 'it' for the nonce. whatever. it starts out funny (wow, some folks be losin their minds over that?) then it turns silly (that many crankies, seriously?), then it just ends up consuming 'em. sad.
anywhoo, imma big fan for our new guy. kid is top level good, emphasis on kid, with superior brains, a growing ability to hop, a wingspan that would have a tuff time fitting in a Bradley hangar, a better 3 stroke now than some of our regulars, a good handle, and all with an eagerness to smile, unlike some of the easily butthurt here.

wait, check that. im not just a big fan, imma
Don-o-fan. good stuff, hurrah for us.

ps. how dare u have a different opinion?
1002065256-photo-u1

lol.

Reaction Score
People filled me in on why he hasn't gone Prep, which I appreciate and could better understand, but that's it. No one has shown me any film against him putting up good numbers against similar competition. I just watched his highlights against Mikey Williams team which he did nothing but pass the ball because he wasn't looking to score and didn't have much of an impact defensively. Only time he scored was off lobs to the rim. If someone with an "informed" opinion has anything with him playing well against good competition I would love to see it.

All I've been doing is responding to people and in the past page or so making observations on the information given. Y'all are being sensitive. His Dad even halfway agreed with me even saying he didn't want to "force" him to do something he didn't want to do which was going to prep school to play better competition and get better.
I'm not writing this to bash you however how come all these other top school coaches were trying to recruit DC to their schools? There is something there. Right!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Here's some highlights from KC, I'll try to find highlights from Pittsburgh where he supposedly looked even better

Love the blocks. Love the passes to cutters from the post even more. He’s not fast, but I suspect he can get a bit faster with better training. Big men generally need more development time.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
People filled me in on why he hasn't gone Prep, which I appreciate and could better understand, but that's it. No one has shown me any film against him putting up good numbers against similar competition. I just watched his highlights against Mikey Williams team which he did nothing but pass the ball because he wasn't looking to score and didn't have much of an impact defensively. Only time he scored was off lobs to the rim. If someone with an "informed" opinion has anything with him playing well against good competition I would love to see it.

All I've been doing is responding to people and in the past page or so making observations on the information given. Y'all are being sensitive. His Dad even halfway agreed with me even saying he didn't want to "force" him to do something he didn't want to do which was going to prep school to play better competition and get better.

Do lobs at the rim count less in college?

Reaction Score
No recruit is ever a sure thing unless his name is Zion Williamson. However, I don’t know how any real UConn fan can look at our staff and say that they don’t trust Hurley & co to properly develop this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom