Donovan Clingan’s Glastonbury NIL Event with Red Fox on 3/2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan’s Glastonbury NIL Event with Red Fox on 3/2

Reaction Score
Wow, people grumbling about a flyer?
Sorry Chief for putting up with BY Bozo's....
Par for the course. The best response to negativity is to support the player and attend. Already working on a big, hopefully multi player event in the Spring. The feedback has been great so far on the prior 2 events, since it gives fams direct access to players on an informal basis.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wonderful! Glad you are medically on the rebound. Looking forward to seeing you at the event.
Chief00. Please pm/start a conversation with me please. Thanks much

Reaction Score
The mere mention of “UConn” would have cost you a $5k check to UConn in the NIL logo World. The University of Connecticut is a basketball school - Donovan Clingan is our Basketball Center.
No. Players of team's have the right to use their employer's name as part of their bio without paying.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Damn I wish I lived closer.

Will be in the house vs Nova next weekend.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This is important stuff. Usually we as fans think we can affect the trajectory of our favorite team.....we do that via supporting them, and cheering like heck for them at home. On the Boneyard we think we can do it via mojo routines...etc...etc... We are entertained by them, but the most hardcore among us (and anyone crazy enough to post on this board regularly I consider hardcore) think we can help the team win.

But we have now found ourselves at the beginning of a paradigm shift in the way College basketball operates. The NIL in conjunction with the transfer portal.

This puts more power in Fans hands actually being able to tangibly help their team then I could ever have imagined seeing in my lifetime.

On a go forward basis a major Pillar of successful programs will be what the universities NIL support is. Recruiting is a pillar, Coaching is a pillar. Now NIL/Portal is going to be another Leg of the table.

Do we want Hurley to be able to get the best Portal players available when we need them? Im sure everyone's answer is yes.
Do we want Hurley to get the top HS recruits possible? Again, no brainer, right?

Well now we have the opportunity to not just sit back and armchair quarterback roster decisions. We have an opportunity AS FANS to influence them in a huge way.

How? By making the NIL successful at our school. A robust NIL can be a tipping point to entice the players we want to get and the players we want to keep. It's the wild west out there right now.

UConn has real good donor support, but we just don't have the plethora of billionaires that other huge P5 top athletic schools that we aspire to stay in the race with have available. In a few cases they are one man NIL machines. A "bottom up" grassroots style level of support is desperately needed in CT to aid in the building of our overall NIL portfolio. This will become more important every day for the rest of time. (or until the NCAA goes belly up, lol)

I applaud Chief for bringing this stuff to the boneyards attention and the efforts he has put in on this front. Say what you want about Chief but he is doing his part to help us.

If you are going to have a meal anyway somewhere, or have drinks with a couple friends or whatever and are a UConn fan, why not do it at a restaurant/Bar that is supporting our NIL? We can make a huge difference here. This is just starting, we need to show up so that MORE events like this are created. The worst scenario is bad turnouts that make Business owners less motivated to do these.

Think about it. Not just in this specific case, but any time and all the time. We are actually empowered now to directly help the team. Short term and long term. Let's not blow it. Because if we do, it's on us.

Reaction Score
I think you are written weird. If it called him a “Basketball Star”, you would say he comes off the bench. If you understood NIL better, you would realize you can’t use “UConn” since that’s a logo and $5k to the school and zero to the player. Get off the sidelines and help the players on the team, instead of criticizing those who do. He is a basketball center and it’s @ Fox Prime Restaurant. Perfect! The only thing we are missing is the $2 beers but he can work on that.
The folks who are fans and support the players will be there.
I live 250 miles away but if I still lived in the area I would attend all these events

Reaction Score
No. Players of team's have the right to use their employer's name as part of their bio without paying.
For our school, not the logo name in promotional advertising or clothing when an event is being promoted or underway. Or at the event itself.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is important stuff. Usually we as fans think we can affect the trajectory of our favorite team.....we do that via supporting them, and cheering like heck for them at home. On the Boneyard we think we can do it via mojo routines...etc...etc... We are entertained by them, but the most hardcore among us (and anyone crazy enough to post on this board regularly I consider hardcore) think we can help the team win.

But we have now found ourselves at the beginning of a paradigm shift in the way College basketball operates. The NIL in conjunction with the transfer portal.

This puts more power in Fans hands actually being able to tangibly help their team then I could ever have imagined seeing in my lifetime.

On a go forward basis a major Pillar of successful programs will be what the universities NIL support is. Recruiting is a pillar, Coaching is a pillar. Now NIL/Portal is going to be another Leg of the table.

Do we want Hurley to be able to get the best Portal players available when we need them? Im sure everyone's answer is yes.
Do we want Hurley to get the top HS recruits possible? Again, no brainer, right?

Well now we have the opportunity to not just sit back and armchair quarterback roster decisions. We have an opportunity AS FANS to influence them in a huge way.

How? By making the NIL successful at our school. A robust NIL can be a tipping point to entice the players we want to get and the players we want to keep. It's the wild west out there right now.

UConn has real good donor support, but we just don't have the plethora of billionaires that other huge P5 top athletic schools that we aspire to stay in the race with have available. In a few cases they are one man NIL machines. A "bottom up" grassroots style level of support is desperately needed in CT to aid in the building of our overall NIL portfolio. This will become more important every day for the rest of time. (or until the NCAA goes belly up, lol)

I applaud Chief for bringing this stuff to the boneyards attention and the efforts he has put in on this front. Say what you want about Chief but he is doing his part to help us.

If you are going to have a meal anyway somewhere, or have drinks with a couple friends or whatever and are a UConn fan, why not do it at a restaurant/Bar that is supporting our NIL? We can make a huge difference here. This is just starting, we need to show up so that MORE events like this are created. The worst scenario is bad turnouts that make Business owners less motivated to do these.

Think about it. Not just in this specific case, but any time and all the time. We are actually empowered now to directly help the team. Short term and long term. Let's not blow it. Because if we do, it's on us.
Your observations about the connection between recruiting/portal success and NIL are right on target. The Paige’s will get the big national deals but you are right, for most players it will be a grass roots effort. We all have the ability to impact those grass roots results.

Reaction Score
I called and no-one answered , so I went to Open Table and 6 o'clock was not available, but 5:45 was so I took that. We are really excited. Thanks we are 4 total
Thanks for making reservations. Looking forward to a fun event. I will check with the owner and see what the deal is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I called and no-one answered , so I went to Open Table and 6 o'clock was not available, but 5:45 was so I took that. We are really excited. Thanks we are 4 total
I talked to the Manager. Open Table has limitations on reservation at one time even if there are tables open, so everyone doesn’t show up at once. So if you use the application try in 15 minute intervals around the time you want to arrive, as @TB12 did.
As for phone reservations, please call during regular business hours. It’s not perfect coverage, because sometimes they are showing someone to their table etc. So try again in awhile if unsuccessful the first time.

Reaction Score
I talked to the Manager. Open Table has limitations on reservation at one time even if there are tables open, so everyone doesn’t show up at once. So if you use the application try in 15 minute intervals around the time you want to arrive, as @TB12 did.
As for phone reservations, please call during regular business hours. It’s not perfect coverage, because sometimes they are showing someone to their table etc. So try again in awhile if unsuccessful the first time.
Any room at the bar for some food??

Reaction Score
Any room at the bar for some food??
This is a very good question. Is there a good bar for those unsure of whether they can attend or can swing in, say hi "donate" as they'd like and keep moving? PM me Chief if you have any ideas on this type scenario.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom