Donny Marshall | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Donny Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No idea but is it possible hes an Ollie guy?

We had a softball ump for years that knew all of us and was friends and screwed us on every bang bang call to make sure he was unbiased. I used to just tell dudes just expect to get screwed and be mildly surprised if we don’t. Maybe its same he goes outta his way to not be biased and goes too far.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Donny went out of his way to critique nearly every foul that was called against Creighton. But didn't say boo on ones called against UConn.

Most obnoxious was when Kalk hit Sanogos hand on a shot and obvious foul which was called... Donny said Sanogo "lost it going up, its 2 big guys banging, I don't like the call." Sanogo lost it cuz Kalk clearly hit his hand, clear foul.

The guy needs to stop calling UConn games.

Reaction Score
Donny was horrible. He spent a solid 2 min of the postgame trying to come up with excuses for why Kalkbrenner got absolutely destroyed by Sanogo.

“wonder if he’s still sick”

“Maybe he can’t take as many shots”

The guy went for 17/8 last game. He just ran into a better player.

What a total clown Donny turned into!!!

Reaction Score
Donny went out of his way to critique nearly every foul that was called on Creighton. But didn't say boo on ones called on UConn.

Most obnoxious was when Kalk hit Sanogos hand on a foul call... Donny said Sanogo "lost it going up, its 2 big guys banging, I don't like the call." Sanogo lost it cuz Kalk clearly hit his hand, clear foul.

Yep and finished the game with the nonsense that you could reverse Sanogo and Kalk's stats and there probably wouldn't be a different outcome. I still love him but the guy is annoying and a bad announcer.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
He used to talk way too much about UConn and himself. My guess is the network got in his ear and now he's overcorrected.

It would be nice if he would just call the game.

This is definitely what happened. Spot on.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
BTW... I think your period key is stuck. ;)
Either that, or they are embedding Morris code in their posts.

Reaction Score
Yep and finished the game with the nonsense that you could reverse Sanogo and Kalk's stats and there probably wouldn't be a different outcome. I still love him but the guy is annoying and a bad announcer.
What the hell does that mean?

Reaction Score
Donny went out of his way to critique nearly every foul that was called against Creighton. But didn't say boo on ones called against UConn.

Most obnoxious was when Kalk hit Sanogos hand on a shot and obvious foul which was called... Donny said Sanogo "lost it going up, its 2 big guys banging, I don't like the call." Sanogo lost it cuz Kalk clearly hit his hand, clear foul.

He did say something about the illegal screen call on Jackson

Still pretty bad overall though

Reaction Score
I am at the game right now. Has he really been that bad? I like Donny a ton but I do feel he does go overboard in proving he isn't pulling for UConn. I always felt Jay Bilas has the right balance
Yeah today was pretty bad, in the past I’ve pushed thru what the OP said, but last 2 games we’ve had him have been brutal.

He basically will cheerlead whoever we play, and if we play perfect he will offer neutral praise. Like if Sanogo scores 4 straight buckets, he might just say “he’s automatic that low, you can’t give him that position or you’re gonna pay”, and on the other end if someone makes a 3 he practically jumps for joy. Throughout the end of the game he would keep mentioning that there’s plenty of time for creighton to come back, and talk about what they have to do, no mention of the home team where he played who are actually winning the game.

I’m ready to sign the petition, who can start it??

Reaction Score

I’ll admit there were a few plays with calls against us that he questioned, which to me always means it’s an egregiously bad call, because if he’s willing to go out on a limb it must be obvious

Reaction Score
Does it really matter how he calls the game? We all have opinions, mostly biased, but opinions are fine. He has an added advantage of being right in front of the action, which none of us have. Finally, he will forever be a Husky and IMHO deserves the utmost respect and admiration from anyone who believes in the spirit of the school. Irritating and not perfect, I am a lot worse, so not an issue for me. :)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It’s fairly obvious that he’s over correcting his bias. But knowing that doesn’t make the viewing experience less irritating. His talk with Fanta about hair earlier in the year was arguably worse tho.

Reaction Score
Donny was horrible. He spent a solid 2 min of the postgame trying to come up with excuses for why Kalkbrenner got absolutely destroyed by Sanogo.

“wonder if he’s still sick”

“Maybe he can’t take as many shots”

The guy went for 17/8 last game. He just ran into a better player.

What a total clown Donny turned into!!!
Yes we all heard this but Donny knows the game. We don't always like what he's saying but he tries to call it as he sees. That involves complimenting opponent players at times.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn has the least loyal fanbase in college basketball. It is actually turning on Donny Marshall.

My only complaint about Donny today was that he appeared to forget that Kalkbrenner was sick and missed some games, which is weird because I think Donny called some of the games Kalkbrenner missed.

Reaction Score
One thing Donny keeps repeating is that UConn didn't get as many fouls against PC because we are a 3 pt shooting team.

Problem is that PC shot 18 threes to UConn's 17 prior to the 2 1/2 minute mark. UConn then heaved up 5 in the last few minutes and ended up shooting 22 to PCs 18.

So the 3 pt argument doesn't really hold.

I also noticed today that after the ref called the 1st blocking foul on Sanogo (horrible call) he stared Sanogo down like he wanted to tee him up, even though Sanogo is the last guy that does a lot of complaining. It's like he made the call deliberately bad to get Sanogo a tee. It was bizarre.

On the other end, you had Kalkbrenner touch the ball 2 feet from the ref after Sanogo almost double dribbled. After Kalk touched it, Sanogo grabbed it and was called. It was an inexplicable call.

Reaction Score
Yes, he's absolutely trying way too hard to not be a UConn guy.

Reaction Score
Hoping we’re not stuck listening to him on Fox broadcasts for the next 5+ years.

Obviously tough to compare him to a legend, but he feels so much more forced and unnatural compared to someone like Raf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom