Done Deal: UConn v Maryland in Maggie Dixon Classic (Dec 28) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Done Deal: UConn v Maryland in Maggie Dixon Classic (Dec 28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm not seeing a free for all in 16/17. The gap will be smaller but I still see UConn in its own tier. I'm pretty confident we'll have 4 of the top 15 players and 7 of the top 50. I don't see anyone matching that. All subject to being healthy of course,

And after UConn I think SC, ND and Baylor stand out. I'd be awfully surprised if someone other than those three plus UConn won the NC. And even money, I'd bet on the Huskies for sure.
Have to disagree. I think the 16-17 season will be the first season in awhile when UCONN is not head and shoulders above everyone. Losing Stewart and Jefferson is gonna be huge. HUGE. They fall back into the top tier with ND, Baylor, Duke, SC, tOSU could be good, Louisville could be good. Of course some things will depend on where the 2016 HS recruits end up.

Reaction Score
Have to disagree. I think the 16-17 season will be the first season in awhile when UCONN is not head and shoulders above everyone. Losing Stewart and Jefferson is gonna be huge. HUGE. They fall back into the top tier with ND, Baylor, Duke, SC, tOSU could be good, Louisville could be good. Of course some things will depend on where the 2016 HS recruits end up.
You may prove right. And losing TBS and MoJeff at the same time is a huge loss.

But I think the gap b/w UConn and the field this year is so incredibly vast that it can sustain this loss. Will UConn be head and shoulders above the rest? Maybe not, but still a cut above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy
Top Bottom