DONE DEAL Maryland to Big 10 | The Boneyard

DONE DEAL Maryland to Big 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess this is good for us. If md had said no... Aw forget it, this is making me crazy.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked if Rutgers doesn't get the immediate invite that everyone expects. The B1G can have Rutgers whenever they want...why rush? Maybe wait a couple of weeks to see if this shakes everyone up enough to see FSU and Clemson finally make the move to the BIG 12. Then the B1G could get their dream scenario of getting UNC, Virginia, and Notre Dame as teams 14,15, and 16 and be completely done with expansion. Not likely, but not impossible either.

The ACC screwed this one up last year. They should have taken Rutgers and UConn last year to finish off the BE for good. I don't think this would have happened now if the ACC had done that and locked up the northeast for good.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This is not official yet. The link directs to a Maryland chat board and all the links on that board, refer to itself. Its not on ESPN, ABC, CBS yet.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked if Rutgers doesn't get the immediate invite that everyone expects. The B1G can have Rutgers whenever they want...why rush? Maybe wait a couple of weeks to see if this shakes everyone up enough to see FSU and Clemson finally make the move to the BIG 12. Then the B1G could get their dream scenario of getting UNC, Virginia, and Notre Dame as teams 14,15, and 16 and be completely done with expansion. Not likely, but not impossible either.

The ACC screwed this one up last year. They should have taken Rutgers and UConn last year to finish off the BE for good. I don't think this would have happened now if the ACC had done that and locked up the northeast for good.

Rutgers will get the invite.

Reaction Score
Anyone think the B1G makes the big play and goes for TX and OK to get to 16?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My reaction with every new piece of information.

eMCYC.gif

lol

CL82

Reaction Score
@jdunlap1979: @McMurphyESPN
Does the ACC replace MD? Is it done quickly? Louisville a target?

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
Yes, probably, maybe RT

eMCYC.gif

Husky25

Reaction Score
Fair enough...Though many on this board were painting McMurphy as a no talent, attention grabbing hack not more than 2 weeks ago...

The first shoe has fallen. There is now room in the ACC. Let see who they pick to fill it. Remember, Notre Dame is not guaranteed a spot in the new BCS as an Independent, so they are still a possibility to join the ACC as a full member.

CL82

Reaction Score
Fair enough...Though many on this board were painting McMurphy as a no talent, attention grabbing hack not more than 2 weeks ago...

The first shoe has fallen. There is now room in the ACC. Let see who they pick to fill it. Remember, Notre Dame is not guaranteed a spot in the new BCS as an Independent, so they are still a possibility to join the ACC as a full member.

Thanks for that cheery thought.

Reaction Score

ND is not joining the acc as a full member

Reaction Score
RU to BIG is a formality. RU BOG added a special closed door meeting to their scheduled meeting this morning. Announcement expected tomorrow. Next move being whispered is that the BIG will offer GT and give ND last chance option to move to 16. FSU and Clemson actively working to leave. Bash away at me, I'm just the messenger. ACC karma for raiding the BE has come back to bite them in the arse.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Lville does not fit academically in the acc
This has been repeated ad nauseum by every person in the know on the East Coast. What is in the water in Northern Kentucky that they think Louisville is still a candidate for any conference outside the Big 12?

Reaction Score
It would truly be beyond shocking if after all this, all these years, all the committment to independence, now ranked #1 in the nation, at the height of its glory, Notre Dame now joins the Acc for football. I'm from Iraq. The show me country. You gotta be shi' ite -ing me.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
RU to BIG is a formality. RU BOG added a special closed door meeting to their scheduled meeting this morning. Announcement expected tomorrow. Next move being whispered is that the BIG will offer GT and give ND last chance option to move to 16. FSU and Clemson actively working to leave. Bash away at me, I'm just the messenger. ACC karma for raiding the BE has come back to bite them in the arse.
If half of what you say is true, this is going to be a freakin' wild week.

Reaction Score

the big 10 will not invite gt. fsu an clemson may opt for the b 12, but the big 10 stops at rutgers.

Reaction Score
I hope they keep Rutgers on the schedule. That way at least I get to see a game once every two years.

Reaction Score

You should've stopped after your first 2 or 3 sentences. The rest is just internet BS that we've heard before.

Reaction Score
I didn't get it from the internet. Got it from 2 sources, close to MD and to RU. Not saying it will happen but that is the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom