Men - Dominic Freeberger’s UConn baseball destiny was delayed, but not denied (Amore) | The Boneyard

Men Dominic Freeberger’s UConn baseball destiny was delayed, but not denied (Amore)

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

-> Dominic Freeberger was destined to play baseball at UConn. “He was a Husky, he just didn’t know it,” coach Jim Penders said.

“I came to one camp here my junior year of high school,” Freeberger explained. “The coaches expect highly of their players and, truthfully, when I came to this camp, I wasn’t ready to play at this level. I was a late bloomer.”

Penders and his staff were actually annoyed at themselves for missing on Freeberger back then. After three seasons at UNC Asheville, Freeberger decided he was ready to be a Husky, but now he kept it largely to himself. He entered the transfer portal, looked at several schools before committing in February 2022 to play at UConn as a postgrad. But he had one more year in Carolina and only the coaches and his closest friends on the team knew.

“It’s kind of weird to be committed to another school while still playing on a team,” Freeberger said. “I just didn’t want people to think my focus was somewhere, because it wasn’t.” <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom