Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

Reaction Score
I'm aware of the family connection, how does that one up the UConn family connection?

I answered your question, no reason for you to be a touchhole.
He doesn’t know any other way.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He is not going to break his grandfather's heart by choosing UConn over his favorite team. Once they entered into the equation it was all over. He may very well like Hurley better but will go to Duke since only one year before heading to the pros.

I loved and was very close with all my grandparents but I didn't give a flying F about their thoughts on which college to attend.

Reaction Score
Let’s just see how it plays out before anyone gets too invested in a prediction either way. We should know more from strong sources soon.

Reaction Score
So what actual info leads you to state it's "not a hedge" or that PN is "nexted"? Sources?
I'll never make another prediction if I'm wrong on Flagg. Ngongba I'm more reporting where we currently stand, not good at all. Flagg is all but over. I don't usual get involved but I actually have a plug on this. I hope I'm wrong and the info is wrong but I wouldn't bet against it. I'm sorry not what I wanted to share.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I loved and was very close with all my grandparents but I didn't give a flying F about their thoughts on which college to attend.
And to add to that, if my grandparents were huge Duke fans, I would definitely bring them to see the behind the scenes tour of the program they love, even if I was going elsewhere.

Reaction Score
He is not going to break his grandfather's heart by choosing UConn over his favorite team. Once they entered into the equation it was all over.
They were always in the equation. The grandparents didn't suddenly become Duke fans. He himself is a multi-generational Duke fan. His Mom's college coach even later coached at Duke. The connections are many.

Hurley gave it a great shot and made him think about it, but he was always going to Duke. People have been saying it would be the case for years at this point for a reason.

Here's my reading between the lines: The Bossi report about Duke "having to make points" on the visit probably connects to the reports that they were somewhat lowballing him and we had a higher NIL offer. He wasn't going to base his entire recruitment on NIL, but Duke did have to be in the ballpark to show the commitment. They matched, and he'll go there.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score

Damn.. you have some strong feelings about this.

Reaction Score
I'll never make another prediction if I'm wrong on Flagg. Ngongba I'm more reporting where we currently stand, not good at all. Flagg is all but over. I don't usual get involved but I actually have a plug on this. I hope I'm wrong and the info is wrong but I wouldn't bet against it. I'm sorry not what I wanted to share.
‍♂️ at least we made em sweat. They probably never thought they’d have to work that hard to get him.

Reaction Score
His Mom's college coach even later coached at Duke.
Not refuting the connections to Duke, but his mom's college coach had a very messy breakup with Duke when she coached there.

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing that, though I'll keep national Flagg blue as my color of choice until it's official. ;)

Reaction Score
My grandmother sent me a $20 check for my birthday which fell right when I started college and it was to be used on food for the year/all 4 years. That was the extent of my grandparents involvement with college.

Reaction Score
They were always in the equation. The grandparents didn't suddenly become Duke fans. He himself is a multi-generational Duke fan. His Mom's college coach even later coached at Duke. The connections are many.

Hurley gave it a great shot and made him think about it, but he was always going to Duke. People have been saying it would be the case for years at this point for a reason.

Here's my reading between the lines: The Bossi report about Duke "having to make points" on the visit probably connects to the reports that they were somewhat lowballing him and we had a higher NIL offer. He wasn't going to base his entire recruitment on NIL, but Duke did have to be in the ballpark to show the commitment. They matched, and he'll go there.
Hurley is the best of both worlds as he too has Duke connections!!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Making some headway here...
View attachment 92434
Toronto Blue Jays Baseball GIF by MLB

We’re going to need a separate forum for all the consoling that’s going to be needed.

Reaction Score
The UConn way would be to lose on Flagg and then eliminate Duke from the tournament as we march to a F4. Nonetheless I have a hard time understanding the collective freak out to Flagg posting pictures and other crap that every recruit does? Some nobody “insider” says we are out and all doom and gloom which I guess does make sense when a rando Reddit post is all many needed to be convinced to the contrary.

Reaction Score
One thing that's absolutely not up for debate is how tight lipped our staff is with basically everything.

Flagg and his family have also been extremely straight forward and tight lipped about a decision.

Unless something dramatically changed in the last 12 hours with the years of precedence Hurley and Co have set then someone is absolutely blowing smoke in the air looking for attention.

(here's the thing... you could be right. There's only two destinations with Flagg and we've been deemed an underdog the entire recruitment so saying he's going to Duke isn't some great prediction... But you aren't going to be right because you have some info others don't at this point, you'll be right because thats the percentage answer.) oh what fun it is to pretend to be an insider.

Reaction Score
Who are all these sources? I count one, Isola during the Nets broadcast. And if you think Isola was trolling UConn fans that's quite a take.
I think at this point Duke is likely. Anyone claiming to know for certain is lying. If he left without a commitment then how would anyone outside of the Flagg household know the decision he’s made. If he’s even made it. I’d bet Dan is still recruiting him. We’ll find out soon enough

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Even the most connected people have talked about how close to the vest this recruitment is, but you know? Give me a break. He'll most likely end up at Duke, but cmon.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Who are all these sources? I count one, Isola during the Nets broadcast. And if you think Isola was trolling UConn fans that's quite a take.

Exactly. Who are these sources? They’ve had UCONN a string. I’ve heard this, this guy posted that, “sources say UCONN this”, etc getting everyone fired up. Then we hear Flagg’s camp is keeping everything locked, so how do we have sources.

I don’t consider Isola a “source”

Reaction Score
Exactly. Who are these sources? They’ve had UCONN a string. I’ve heard this, this guy posted that, “sources say UCONN this”, etc getting everyone fired up. Then we hear Flagg’s camp is keeping everything locked, so how do we have sources.

I don’t consider Isola a “source”
Who have been the sources saying UConn? Reddit and dentist don’t count. The only “sources” who have said anything have said it’s closer than was to be expected and that they don’t know.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Who have been the sources saying UConn? Reddit and dentist don’t count. The only “sources” who have said anything have said it’s closer than was to be expected and that they don’t know.
This is the only rational opinion. Anyone that says they "know" otherwise is just blowing smoke.

Reaction Score
Is it KState or Duke for Pat?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom