Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it, but beyond smiling in pictures while he was visiting, which everyone does, and being related to the kid who committed, was there ever any indication that UConn actually led for Pat? As far as I knew, we always had ground to make up relative to K-State and Duke. I always figured he'd end up playing for Tang. I don't know where this idea came from that he was a UConn lean.

Reaction Score
Recruiting is recruiting folks. They are going to go down the line if they don’t get these guys and get the next one.

Reaction Score
Oh no one should doubt this staff. It’d stil be disappointing. We put a lot of time and resources into these 2. Ngongba was the one we needed
What are you supposed to do? You recruit two kids at the same time and you never you leave yourself 4-star or bust. They got a top 5 class on campus. Will lose a couple to nba, but they are set up nicely for 2024-25. So, if they miss this cycle, they got next cycle to fill in spots and the transfer portal.

At this point, they don’t need really need players. They need difference makers.

Reaction Score
There isn’t. That’s the bad thing if we miss both of them.
Thankfully, there's the portal. We'll survive if that's what happens. We're still reigning champs, and we've got a heck of a team this year.

Reaction Score
What are you supposed to do? You recruit two kids at the same time and you never you leave yourself 4-star or bust. They got a top 5 class on campus. Will lose a couple to nba, but they are set up nicely for 2024-25. So, if they miss this cycle, they got next cycle to fill in spots and the transfer portal.

At this point, they don’t need really need players. They need difference makers.
I’m not saying the staff did anything wrong. The job the did with Flagg was incredible. I’m extremely confident they’ll put together a roster that can compete. It’s still would be a lot of wasted time and energy and a little disappointing

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
He is not going to break his grandfather's heart by choosing UConn over his favorite team. Once they entered into the equation it was all over. He may very well like Hurley better but will go to Duke since only one year before heading to the pros.

Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it, but beyond smiling in pictures while he was visiting, which everyone does, and being related to the kid who committed, was there ever any indication that UConn actually led for Pat? As far as I knew, we always had ground to make up relative to K-State and Duke. I always figured he'd end up playing for Tang. I don't know where this idea came from that he was a UConn lean.

I mean anyone besides TheHorde, who thinks we lead for everyone, especially when there's no evidence for it.

Reaction Score
He is not going to break his grandfather's heart by choosing UConn over his favorite team. Once they entered into the equation it was all over. He may very well like Hurley better but will go to Duke since only one year before heading to the pros.
Agreed. I read about the grandparents and my wife asked me why I dropped an audible F bomb

Reaction Score
What's the indication that K State or Duke led?

The director of Rivals said a week ago he really likes the spot UConn is in with him. Ngongba brought his whole family to First Night, his cousin who is already committed to UConn was on the visit with him.

Reaction Score
I fully expected Flagg to end up at Duke, even with all the recent smoke. As for Pat, I really didn't know one way or the other where things stood with him. But, this staff is amazing, and I'm not worried even a tiny bit about future classes, or hitting the portal.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I don't think he was a lean, but around 1st Night I understood us to be on even footing with KState and Duke. KState was always the lean if there was one up until that point, and still might be. I think like with Flagg we made up ground in a hurry. It ain't over yet. But I didn't like how Big Pat got intertwined with Flagg the last couple weeks. I said I had a weird feeling they would end up on the same team. Obviously I desperately wanted it to be us, but there is only one other place that could happen, and they have a real shot at landing it. Unfortunately

Reaction Score
What's the indication that K State or Duke led?

The director of Rivals said a week ago he really likes the spot UConn is in with him. Ngongba brought his whole family to First Night, his cousin who is already committed to UConn was on the visit with him.

Tang has known the kid since he was little. The assistant they brought on is connected to the family through the mom's coaching. It was pretty well-covered through the summer and into the fall that K-State was in a very good position with the kid. A google search or two should do it.

Reaction Score
...and how do you know this?
I trust the info I'm getting. It doesn't mean you have to. I'm not sure if we have any shot at turning either around but it sounds pretty much done for capturing the Flagg. Short of making it privately "official" it's grim.

Reaction Score
Right, no, you definitely know what you're talking about. Just like Betsey.
“Someone he’s related to.” “Someone his mom knows through coaching.” Keep going you’re doing great. His cousin that he went on official visits with and went to his announcement. They’re super close. A simple google search should do it. And I never said Betsey was a lock sport. We were a finalist. And he never even visited Duke.

Reaction Score
Tang has known the kid since he was little. The assistant they brought on is connected to the family through the mom's coaching. It was pretty well-covered through the summer and into the fall that K-State was in a very good position with the kid. A google search or two should do it.
I'm aware of the family connection, how does that one up the UConn family connection?

I answered your question, no reason for you to be a touchhole.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom