Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

caw

Reaction Score
Dauster said everyone he’s talked to still thinks it’s Duke

Also said he doesn’t think anything changed since a month ago (neglecting to even mention his UConn visit) which is just plain incorrect even if he picks Duke

I wouldn’t dismiss him that quickly but like I said with Trilly if anyone had info prior to yesterday it’s 99% coming from Duke people or people who don’t know or guesses based on public quotes.

For example Trilly said he expects the recruitment to be over in 7-10 days. Probably based on Flaggs moms quote a few weeks ago:

“Unless he’s unbelievably confused, I’m pretty sure he’s going to make a decision very quickly after he visits Duke,” Flagg’s mother, Kelly, told The Messenger. “That way, he can put it behind him and focus on what he needs to do to get better.”

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
IMG_3327.png

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There’s in the weeds and then there’s in the weeds to the extent that this thread is in the weeds.

I am going to assume that nothing has changed and that Duke should be presumed the leader here. If he picks UConn, yay. If he picks Duke, meh, he’ll be there for six months. World will keep spinning either way.

Reaction Score
There’s in the weeds and then there’s in the weeds to the extent that this thread is in the weeds.

I am going to assume that nothing has changed and that Duke should be presumed the leader here. If he picks UConn, yay. If he picks Duke, meh, he’ll be there for six months. World will keep spinning either way.
We have become the weeds. We are one with the weeds.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Dauster said everyone he’s talked to still thinks it’s Duke

Also said he doesn’t think anything changed since a month ago (neglecting to even mention his UConn visit) which is just plain incorrect even if he picks Duke
The only people who have any information that really can be trusted at this point is the UConn staff and Coopers family. And no one in those camps besides maybe Scalabrine has leaked info to anyone (if we believe that’s the root of the Isola comment). And I don’t expect it to be leaked.

Every other “insider” is just grasping at straws, including the ones who are talking to the Duke staff (those were the ones pushing the “he’s a lock” narrative the hardest for months - which clearly is not true).

No idea if we land him, but the fact he isn’t already a Duke commit after this weekend means a lot.

If the staff goes to visit him this week (or doesn’t) that will mean more than what anyone says or writes about the recruitment over the next few weeks, unless those words are coming straight from Cooper himself.

Reaction Score

I hear you, but whenever we can Beat Duke - I want to Beat Duke!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t dismiss him that quickly but like I said with Trilly if anyone had info prior to yesterday it’s 99% coming from Duke people or people who don’t know or guesses based on public quotes.

For example Trilly said he expects the recruitment to be over in 7-10 days. Probably based on Flaggs moms quote a few weeks ago:

“Unless he’s unbelievably confused, I’m pretty sure he’s going to make a decision very quickly after he visits Duke,” Flagg’s mother, Kelly, told The Messenger. “That way, he can put it behind him and focus on what he needs to do to get better.”
It’s all coming from duke people and “ insiders”. Meanwhile Hurley won’t even release the score of a secret scrimmage unlike every other program in hoops these days. I freaking love that. So what makes people think they know UConn’s side on ANYTHING.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A great sign that it’s a race, not that we’re leading.
2 days ago a guy asked for the Duke gif and trilly said “soon.” He knew what the guy wanted, unless his reading comprehension is very poor, and now is pretending he thought it was something else. He clearly got some pro UConn insight recently with all the back tracking he’s doing, so I’m taking this as a great sign.

Reaction Score
2 days ago a guy asked for the Duke gif and trilly said “soon.” He knew what the guy wanted, unless his reading comprehension is very poor, and now is pretending he thought it was something else. He clearly got some pro UConn insight recently with all the back tracking he’s doing, so I’m taking this as a great sign.
Hurley and the assistants are probably working their buns off trying to get Cooper here for an unofficial to watch the banner ceremony.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
A uconn fan asked for a gif

Reaction Score
It’s all coming from duke people and “ insiders”. Meanwhile Hurley won’t even release the score of a secret scrimmage unlike every other program in hoops these days. I freaking love that. So what makes people think they know UConn’s side on ANYTHING.
They don't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom