Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Actually I am 100 thousand percent positive you don’t know that. And I’ll Venmo you 500 dollars right now if you provide a verifiable source.
I certainly don’t know. But paying him to visit would be an NCAA violation for one. For two the connection with Donovan’s mom, plus being the clear top program in New England and current champion should be enough right?

Does this sound likely: Cooper has no interest in the current NC in his home region, where a prominent player‘s mom is close to his and UConn violates NCAA rules to bring in a kid who doesnt want to come here? This smells like Duke fans being salty because their perch at the top of the college hoops universe is pretty shaky With K retired.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Interesting that both Clingan and Flagg wear the number 32

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We do not know that. It’s possible
Yes. Possible. The odds are right up there with UConn going winless this season in a parlay with Brown winning the national championship.

Reaction Score
My friend retired to North Carolina from CT. thinking it would be warm enough in winter. It wasn't. Charlotte is 52-36 high low in Jan, not exactly paradise. Winter coat needed in the evening in both places.

Reaction Score
My friend retired to North Carolina from CT. thinking it would be warm enough in winter. It wasn't. Charlotte is 52-36 high low in Jan, not exactly paradise. Winter coat needed in the evening in both places.

Very true. I’m in Georgia and we regularly see 30s and 40s in winter. Anyways…I don’t think weather is going to be a factor for Flagg.

Reaction Score
Boys we’re screwed. A top rated apple orchard, Sky Top Orchard, exists in NC! They feature my favorite apple, Winsap, and it just so happen to have an apple named after my 6th favorite yacht rock smooth rock band, Ambrosia!

We’re doomed!

Ambrosia started out with some whacked out stuff. This one, Mama Frog, is a prog-fusion number.

Reaction Score
Isn't he one of those guys talking, or at least friends with the Mister Fat Balls guy?
I think so, at least from the little I pay attention to UConn Twitter people

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The fact that he visited only 2 schools.

The fact that he canceled a visit to a school known to give recruits money in many ways. Why not just go on the visit and collect some dough?

If he was really looking for money from visits wouldn't it behoove him to take many visits rather than just 2? Shouldn't he have gone to places like Alabama, Auburn and LSU? Heck, he could have taken the one and a half hour drive up the road to Florida, or the three and a half hour drive down to Miami, and gotten nice big easy pay days. (copied from my above post)

You've heard interviews with Cooper. You've read his interviews with his mother. Do they "seem" like the kind of people who are asking for money to visit a school? O.K. not a fact but a contributing factor.

What has Hurley said about recruits asking for money?

Is it possible that UConn gave him money to visit? Sure. Is it probable? Based on the facts, I'd say no.

This is so stupid to discuss. I'm done on the topic. These Cooper Flagg threads have all gone off the deep end. :rolleyes:
I don’t think it has to be that extreme. It could hypothetically be a situation where he was kind of interested but had his heart set on Duke. So we paid him to at least give us a shot knowing how good we are with visits.

I’m not sure why anyone would be above cashing in on their value in the right way and I think Hurley wouldn’t be above making an exception for this kind of talent if true. And outside of this board, most insiders have talked openly about how NIL is affecting this recruitment.

I moreso just brought it up because I felt like Kansas got unnecessary flack for trying to relay something he knew. And now it seems like guys who are paid insiders and more credible are speaking on the NIL situation as well.

Also, OSU’s AD spoke about how paying for visits is actually pretty common practice nowadays.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t think it has to be that extreme. It could hypothetically be a situation where he was kind of interested but had his heart set on Duke. So we paid him to at least give us a shot knowing how good we are with visits.

I’m not sure why anyone would be above cashing in on their value in the right way and I think Hurley would be above making an exception for this kind of talent. And outside of this board, most insiders have talked openly about how NIL is affecting this recruitment.
It’s a violation

Reaction Score
Isn't he one of those guys talking, or at least friends with the Mister Fat Balls guy?
Russ is not one of the ones who host or talk on these Spaces. He may know something, he may not. He's a very sarcastic guy, so I'd bet more that he's just screwing around.

There has been no groundbreaking news on the Spaces. UConn folks still believe it's in the 50/50 ballpark. Sage (UMass guy) showed up, he said he reached out to the most connected Duke person he knows who said he has no information on how Flagg's visit there went.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom