Does UConn Make the Tournament

Does UConn make the tournament?

• Yes

Votes: 257 71.8%
  • No

Votes: 101 28.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
If we are 100% healthy, I think so, but with James out for over a month, Andre out for a month, and Akok a non factor this year, looks like another missed tournament.

Reaction Score
Bouknight is out for another month.

We're 7-3 now. We have 7 more games until he comes back, most likely, including Villanova. Seton Hall, and Xavier. Pretty good chance we go 3-4 or 2-5 over that stretch. That leaves us at 10-7 or 9-8 when Bouknight comes back.

5 more games, maybe 3-2 over that stretch, so optimistically, 13-9 going into the BET.

Is 14-10, with our best win being USC, possibly one of the Seton Hall or Villanova games, enough?

I don't see it, unless the Committee is generous in accounting for Bouknight being out.

Reaction Score
Bouknight is out for another month.

We're 7-3 now. We have 7 more games until he comes back, most likely, including Villanova. Seton Hall, and Xavier. Pretty good chance we go 3-4 or 2-5 over that stretch. That leaves us at 10-7 or 9-8 when Bouknight comes back.

5 more games, maybe 3-2 over that stretch, so optimistically, 13-9 going into the BET.

Is 14-10, with our best win being USC, possibly one of the Seton Hall or Villanova games, enough?

I don't see it, unless the Committee is generous in accounting for Bouknight being out.
Yes that record gets us in without any worries on Selection Sunday

Reaction Score
Losses in the Big East won’t hurt our resume as much as losses in the AAC did, so I say yes, we still make the tournament.

Reaction Score
It'll just be a timing thing. If we get enough games with Bouknight back, then yes. And if we get in, we're going to the Sweet 16 at least

Reaction Score
Not the right question to ask right now. We obviously are a tournament team - why ask the question?? Healthy we are top 15 and everyone knows that
Because we're fans of the team and care about whether we go to the Tournament?

1) We are definitely not "obviously a tournament team"
2) "Healthy we are top 15" doesn't mean ____ because that's completely subjective and the Committee has total discretion about whether to take Bouknight's absence into account.

Reaction Score
I think we’ll go 2-1 to close out Jan so we’d be 6-4 in BE and 9-4 overall. Maybe we can pick up a win over PC, and Xavier or Seton Hall without Bouk, get Bouk back and run through these fools picking up a quality win over Nova.

Reaction Score
I guess I just don’t see how the answer is so easy, when we’ve lost to St. John’s, scored 66 points with a lot of those coming in garbage time, looking like we may struggle with Butler on Tuesday and our best player may not be coming back until 3rd week of Feb. To me that seems like a lot more things can go wrong then right.

Reaction Score

2) "Healthy we are top 15" doesn't mean ____ because that's completely subjective and the Committee has total discretion about whether to take Bouknight's absence into account.
I don’t want to see this thread after another loss is what I’m saying. Let me/us recover from another loss. I don’t need to talk about missing the tournament 1 minute after our team gave it their all while extremely outmatched.

Reaction Score
It'll just be a timing thing. If we get enough games with Bouknight back, then yes. And if we get in, we're going to the Sweet 16 at least
It is a race against time right now. The more games we play without Bouknight vs the top teams in the conference the worse it’s going to be. We have Villanova on Thursday at home and chances are Bouk will not play. It’s frustrating because we are not facing these teams at full strength.

Reaction Score
If any of these 3: Jackson, Akok, Bouknight ever play another minute of UConn basketball I’ll pour a whole bottle of Frank’s into my eyes.
Same person who said football would not played once we hit November, same person who said there was not going to be a basketball season, same person who said there would not be an NCAA tournament. You seem fun.

Reaction Score

3 margaritas deep, pissed about the loss and health of the team. Maybe I just need to stay away from the Boneyard bait until I’m level headed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom