Does UConn get back into the Top 25 this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does UConn get back into the Top 25 this year?

Is UConn ranked in the top 25 at any point through the rest of the year?

• Yes

Votes: 147 67.4%
  • No

Votes: 71 32.6%

• Total voters

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Because they fought back from 15 down and should have won if they hit one of 3 open 3s in the last couple minutes and Jackson doesn’t miss 2 tip-ins at point blank position...if they didn’t miss 4 free throws in the last few minutes...And because Providence is a top 30 team so losing this kind of game, while at home will keep them in the top 25...and also without their top player....think I made my point.

Not that good???? At full strength, this is a top 15 team
And your aunt would be your uncle.

Reaction Score
I see this team as 2 games over .500 in the league. Too many flaws at this point in the season. Free throws, poor shooting in general, one decent guard, lack of ball handlers, and miss way too many close to the basket shots. That and our coach stays with bad lineups too long. Going to be tough to win any road games.

Reaction Score
Because they fought back from 15 down and should have won if they hit one of 3 open 3s in the last couple minutes and Jackson doesn’t miss 2 tip-ins at point blank position...if they didn’t miss 4 free throws in the last few minutes...And because Providence is a top 30 team so losing this kind of game, while at home will keep them in the top 25...and also without their top player....think I made my point.

Not that good???? At full strength, this is a top 15 team

I respect your opinion but disagree. They also got lucky against VCU blew it against MSU and had trouble with a Bonnie team that just got blown off the floor by an average VTech team. Also shot 15-26 against Auburn and needed 2 OTs to win. There’s only been a hint of a team that deserves it but far from consistent enough.

Reaction Score
You said an 8-2 with a win over the 13th team in the country and whose losses are to the 12th ranked team by 4 down a starter and on the road by 3 down 2 starters to a top 30 team should not be ranked in the top 25. That is an objectively dumb comment.

Team has not lost a game with its full lineup. New flash, teams lose sometimes, calm down.

Calm down?? I’m just Posting you relax. Lol

By the way Real Top 25 Teams don’t lay an egg at home in front of 16K fans versus an unranked opponent .

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If we’re going to keep making excuses about injuries, at least acknowledge that Auburn was without one of their top players
Did we play Auburn tonight? No wonder where they look so flat against Providence. Tough to have played two games in the same day.

Reaction Score
9-9 in Big East. Like 2011. Except this team doesn't have Kemba. Or Shabazz.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If we go .500, we’re going 10-10 and 19-12. Barely sneaking in.

However, I think we are all overreacting. Providence is 11-1 for a reason. They are good. I think we are better than them but still.

I stand by my 21-10 prediction.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Nope, this team is headed for a near identical final record and seed/exit in the tourney as last year, and considering the expectations and change in roster thats a massive dissapointment and a step back for the rebuild's trajectory. Add 2 years to this rebuild at least, yea im annoyed if you can't tell.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Who cares about rankings after what we witnessed today?
There's a lot of work to do by everyone from coach down to last man in on this team before anyone talks about rankings
It might be a battle to finish .500 in the league even with Sanogo in the line-up
Meanwhile there's a guy name Carlton who Hurley didn't want, playing well in Houston and watching their game vs OSU tonight the commentator said he feels that DH may have made a faux pas letting him leave UConn.

Reaction Score
We lost by 4 to a top 30 tourney team without our leading scorer w t f
C,mon...Sanogo didn't miss all those shots or freeze up at the end. We looked terrible in this game, WV game & Bonnie game. We lost 2 of those and only beat Bonnies because they played worse.

If the team plays 100% better when Sanogo comes back great. Right now we´re a mess.

Reaction Score
That was a depressing loss. I was expecting us to win this one comfortably. 3 losses this season by a combined 11 points is frustrating, especially when Sanogo was missing for two of them. The jury is still out on this team until Sanogo comes back. I hope he returns soon because the road does not get any easier from here. We play at Marquette and at Xavier for our next two. No cupcakes in the Big East so we have to stop the bleeding before it gets out of control.

Reaction Score
C,mon...Sanogo didn't miss all those shots or freeze up at the end. We looked terrible in this game, WV game & Bonnie game. We lost 2 of those and only beat Bonnies because they played worse.

If the team plays 100% better when Sanogo comes back great. Right now we´re a mess.
You thought we looked bad against St Bonaventure....?

Reaction Score
They have 5 games in the next 25 days. They gotta win at Marquette or it's going to be a very rough start.
@ Marquette
@ Xavier
vs Butler
@ Seton Hall
vs St. John's

Reaction Score
They have 5 games in the next 25 days. They gotta win at Marquette or it's going to be a very rough start.
@ Marquette
@ Xavier
vs Butler
@ Seton Hall
vs St. John's

We'll go 4-1 and everyone here will be back on board with optimism

Reaction Score
Calm down?? I’m just Posting you relax. Lol

By the way Real Top 25 Teams don’t lay an egg at home in front of 16K fans versus an unranked opponent .
Good to know we were a fake top 25 team in 2004, 2011, and 2014. Do we need to take the banners down?

Reaction Score
We'll go 4-1 and everyone here will be back on board with optimism
ehhhh i dont think we're winning at xavier or hall- maybe the 2 toughest games of the year. our next game at marquette is huge. for me it'll dictate whether we go 3-2 or 2-3 but i will remain optimistic either way w/ 14 more games to play after that stretch.

Reaction Score
ehhhh i dont think we're winning at xavier or hall. our next game at marquette is huge. for me it'll dictate whether we go 3-2 or 2-3 but i will remain optimistic either way.
That's way too reactionary to a bad loss tonight, especially when we'll have Sanogo back for both games

Reaction Score
@ Marquette
@ Xavier
vs Butler
@ Seton Hall
vs St. John's

At worst, we need to split the next two. Opening up the conference 0-3 would not be ideal. Im a little worried about Marquette on Tuesday because It’s on the road, and they will be hungry coming off a loss as well.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
The sky is falling! We'll never be ranked again!!

Stop this.

Get healthy, regroup, watch film, practice & beat Marquette next week. Forget rankings, they don't mean anything until March. Our Huskies wanted to be in a tough basketball conference top to bottom - we got our wish. Learn & move forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom