Does our own Play by Play Guy think we should be minor league? | The Boneyard

Does our own Play by Play Guy think we should be minor league?

Reaction Score
Mid career guy in decline trying to create some buzz about himself.

Reaction Score
I think I've heard of such a structure, they're called "conferences", where universities of more or less the same geographic location and/or type join together to compete. UCONN couldn't the right combination of the two for football that wasn't killing the rest of the athletic programs, therefore they are "Independent".

Reaction Score
Look ... if the idea is Alabama & Texas are tired of massive dollars going to Vandy & Baylor, you know where this is going. They already have a 7x to 10x advantage on the BEST of G5 level. There’s a minor league. And almost zero probability of one University rising to the next tier ... at least for about 15 years. Regardless of demographics or s changes in anything.

Reaction Score
I heard him last year and he didn't know the name of the player that made the tackle. I've worked with him as well, a lot of times he doesn't get it. He really doesn't get it when he referees girls travel team basketball.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He's stirring the pot - I dont mind it. A G5 championship game would be fine with me, even a play off. The P5 wants to cut off the G5, go ahead - might as well - and have fun with all your bottom programs mired in 2 win seasons (because they can't schedule G5 and that lone FCS game for OOC). Ticket sales will decline - the stark nakedness of the haves and have nots within the P5 will become absurd and a bore. Right now the G5 helps to hide the futility of the bottom programs in the P5. That would end in a true cut off.

Reaction Score
I heard him last year and he didn't know the name of the player that made the tackle. I've worked with him as well, a lot of times he doesn't get it. He really doesn't get it when he referees girls travel team basketball.
Either he puts no effort into learning about things or he's just clueless

Reaction Score

That's fair only if it applies to ALL sports. Alabama for example would drop to D2 basketball and play Georgia Southern, Marist, Iona, Hofstra, Walt Disney Tech, and Bayou Community College.

Reaction Score
He's stirring the pot - I dont mind it. A G5 championship game would be fine with me, even a play off. The P5 wants to cut off the G5, go ahead - might as well - and have fun with all your bottom programs mired in 2 win seasons (because they can't schedule G5 and that lone FCS game for OOC). Ticket sales will decline - the stark nakedness of the haves and have nots within the P5 will become absurd and a bore. Right now the G5 helps to hide the futility of the bottom programs in the P5. That would end in a true cut off.
You got it right. How do PedoU, the Ohio State and Donut man's schools all get 9 wins without the Rutgers, Indiana, Maryland wins and the latter two get to 6-6 by playing the Ball States, EIU, UConn and Temples of the world. Someone has to be the Washington Generals, the P5 need G5 wins to mask how many bad teams they have.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Same can be said for certain politicians.

How about posters who make the same ridiculous claims season after season, and kept being proven wrong?

Reaction Score
That's fair only if it applies to ALL sports. Alabama for example would drop to D2 basketball and play Georgia Southern, Marist, Iona, Hofstra, Walt Disney Tech, and Bayou Community College.

Maybe you exagerate a little. Bama ain't that bad...Nolan had them ranked above 6 Big East teams end of season, & 7 AAC teams.

Reaction Score

Maybe you exagerate a little. Bama ain't that bad...Nolan had them ranked above 6 Big East teams end of season, & 7 AAC teams.
They suck big time Billy, haven't been to a sweet 16 since 2004, and the last time before that was 1991. If you're just talking making it to the NCAA tournament, they were invited last year, 2012, and 2006. All the years in between they were not even invited.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't care what his opinion is, all I want from a play by play guy/gal is a person who has knowledge, is well prepared and is acceptable to listen to - Crispy fails on all accounts

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He also called Lou Spanos "Lou Spanish" in a tweet the other day. I think the guy may be a few cents short

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
You don’t think that was “autocorrect”?

Oh it totally was. But almost every tweet he has contains some kind of typo, and he’s brutal on the coach’s show. I was being facetious, but I do think he really doesn’t know much about sports and is generally dull in his calls

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I guess at this point Crispy will get another year and then perhaps they look around.

I’m not excited to get Joe D back. He had his own gaffes and of course the arrogance.

Anyone got any real ideas? Someone call the Connecticut School of Broadcasting and Cuse grads need not apply.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom