Does Notre Dame have a WBB forum? | The Boneyard

Does Notre Dame have a WBB forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Love the thread aimed at UConn fans who seem to live in "Loser Town." Nice to know that the Summitt has a kissing cousin in IN. Of course it does appear that there could be some Husky fans who are a little too fixated on Diggins, but in an odd kind of way, it's sort of a mark of respect for all the hurt she laid down in her last two years at ND.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Love the thread aimed at UConn fans who seem to live in "Loser Town." Nice to know that the Summitt has a kissing cousin in IN. Of course it does appear that there could be some Husky fans who are a little too fixated on Diggins, but in an odd kind of way, it's sort of a mark of respect for all the hurt she laid down in her last two years at ND.
That UConn fan was pretty out of line. Why would you post nasty comments on Skylar's twitter account?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
That UConn fan was pretty out of line. Why would you post nasty comments on Skylar's twitter account?

Sadly and unfortunately, because they could. The same reason folks went to the Houston QB's house and cheered when he was injured.

All part of my theme of the inability of folks to adapt to the various changes wrought by the internet, social media and all the rest. I harp on it because I don't have even the beginning of a solution, but perhaps someone does.

Reaction Score
Sadly and unfortunately, because they could. The same reason folks went to the Houston QB's house and cheered when he was injured.

All part of my theme of the inability of folks to adapt to the various changes wrought by the internet, social media and all the rest. I harp on it because I don't have even the beginning of a solution, but perhaps someone does.

Some people are really nasty!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
There are good and bad things about Twitter, and one of the very bad things is that it allows the flamer types to do the type of things that you see all the time on unmoderated sports forums. A lot of fans get a thrill out of being able to attack a famous players at a close personal level that the fans are otherwise shielded from. It's the risk you take for the close up interactivity.

On the other hand, using any type of excuse for the actions of a supposed fan of another team (often these "fans" are just general trolls who claim to be connected with a team fan base to stir up trouble and direct diatribes against that team) and then posting a thread title labeling UConn fans in a denigrating way is usually considered something only the Summitt does, but obviously the ND Nation is on board with it too. That doesn't fly on the WCBB Boneyard.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
There are good and bad things about Twitter, and one of the very bad things is that it allows the flamer types to do the type of things that you see all the time on unmoderated sports forums. A lot of fans get a thrill out of being able to attack a famous players at a close personal level that the fans are otherwise shielded from. It's the risk you take for the close up interactivity.

On the other hand, using any type of excuse for the actions of a supposed fan of another team (often these "fans" are just general trolls who claim to be connected with a team fan base to stir up trouble and direct diatribes against that team) and then posting a thread title labeling UConn fans in a denigrating way is usually considered something only the Summitt does, but obviously the ND Nation is on board with it too. That doesn't fly on the WCBB Boneyard.
DobbsRover, I'm not sure if you read it very closely, because the post was not nearly as bad as you imply. If anyone wants to see what was actually written on the Notre Dame board, here it is: LINK.

While the poster does not like Geno, he is not denigrating all UConn fans. Look at the first line of his post: "A majority of UConn fans are great stewards of WCBB and classy people." The only UConn fans he denigrates are the 2 ones tweeting Skylar with taunts (to which she does not respond).

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
wow who did what, I missed that story! turrrible
charles-barkley-breaks-club.jpg

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
when people are talking about "team fans" are they talking about the few between these message boards... or the WHOLE fanbase who has no clue about the Boneyard, VolNation, The Summitt nor NDNation?

I prefer names to be called just for clarification purposes!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
DobbsRover, I'm not sure if you read it very closely, because the post was not nearly as bad as you imply. If anyone wants to see what was actually written on the Notre Dame board, here it is: LINK.

While the poster does not like Geno, he is not denigrating all UConn fans. Look at the first line of his post: "A majority of UConn fans are great stewards of WCBB and classy people." The only UConn fans he denigrates are the 2 ones tweeting Skylar with taunts (to which she does not respond).

Sorry, I see it differently. It would have been fine had the poster lived up to the opening sentence. But to call Geno classless is, well, simply ignorant. Then to follow it up with, well I was going to quote, but I'll follow the admonition to leave such stuff elsewhere, but the next to last sentence is not in keeping with the first. Kinda self-referential, if you know what I mean.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Sorry, I see it differently. It would have been fine had the poster lived up to the opening sentence. But to call Geno classless is, well, simply ignorant. Then to follow it up with, well I was going to quote, but I'll follow the admonition to leave such stuff elsewhere, but the next to last sentence is not in keeping with the first. Kinda self-referential, if you know what I mean.
Fair enough, Phil. I posted the link so people could make up their own mind. But when the poster refers to "the UConn jerks" at the end of his post, I believe he was referring to the small percentage of UConn fans that are not "great stewards of WCBB and classy people."

Reaction Score
There's something unnatural about a guy named "Garrity" not being an Irish fan, doncha think?

Reaction Score
cterrier handle is familiar as I think he posted on the Boneyard a few times a long time ago. He is not a Uconn fan, I think he was a fan of the school whose mascot is a terrier. Maybe from the old site?

Reaction Score
Timgarrity is also an unfamiliar name, I wonder why ND assumes that these 2 are UConn fans? I don't see any connections to UConn in those tweets. Has it ever occured to ND fans that they might be trolls from other schools as we weren't the only school that doesn't care for Skylar?

Calling us losertown is sort of funny as ND has been to the final 4 how many times and hasn't won it yet!~ When they can 't find anything else to say they start on GENO, jealous much?

I don't think any poster on this board cares to go to ND Nation to post or tweet and Artichoke posts here upon occasion.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Fair enough, Phil. I posted the link so people could make up their own mind. But when the poster refers to "the UConn jerks" at the end of his post, I believe he was referring to the small percentage of UConn fans that are not "great stewards of WCBB and classy people."

I catch your point. Every forum, this one included, has its share of jerks.

I'd like to think we have fewer than average (and/or good admins who nip that behavior in the bud).

However, the main thing that stuck me about that forum is how empty it was. That single page has posts going back to early August. You'd have to scroll to page 15 here to get back to early August.

ND is a FF team, and wants to be considered one of the elite teams in the nation, and that's all they have for a fan base? There must be another site.

I'll bet we've had more quality comments on ND's team today, than they've had in the last month. Which is sad.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Calling us losertown is sort of funny as ND has been to the final 4 how many times and hasn't won it yet!~

Have you forgotten about 2001?

Reaction Score
Have you forgotten about 2001?

No I didn't forget but I believe ND fans are talking about the fact that we couldn't beat them during the regular season recently. True but they never did get a Championship in what 4 times. Way to go losers.

Reaction Score
No I didn't forget but I believe ND fans are talking about the fact that we couldn't beat them during the regular season recently. True but they never did get a Championship in what 4 times. Way to go losers.
Around these here parts, it's usually spelled 'loosers.' :rolleyes:

Ayuh.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
cterrier handle is familiar as I think he posted on the Boneyard a few times a long time ago. He is not a Uconn fan, I think he was a fan of the school whose mascot is a terrier. Maybe from the old site?

Here is his twitter account (LINK). Seems like a UConn fan to me. He's got some politics on his account you have to sift through, but just reading his tweets in October, he seems like a Huskies' fan.

Timgarrity is also an unfamiliar name, I wonder why ND assumes that these 2 are UConn fans? I don't see any connections to UConn in those tweets. Has it ever occured to ND fans that they might be trolls from other schools as we weren't the only school that doesn't care for Skylar?

Here's his twitter account (LINK). Boasts he has season tickets to UConn games, so there's a pretty good chance he's a UConn fan. Even posted a photo he took at a UConn game.

Calling us losertown is sort of funny as ND has been to the final 4 how many times and hasn't won it yet!~ When they can 't find anything else to say they start on GENO, jealous much?

Notre Dame has made it to the FF 5 times now, 3 times to the NC game and won it once. Not UConnesque by any means, but not bad. And since 3 of those FF's have occurred in the past 3 years, Notre Dame has been peaking lately. UConn has won 3 of the last 5 NC, but what is the only team to eliminate them in that time span?

Any team would be envious of Geno's record as head coach. And to outsiders, Geno's brashness is often viewed unfavorably. There have been lots of anti-Notre Dame posts here at the BY in the past 2 years as Notre Dame had more success against UConn.

I don't think any poster on this board cares to go to ND Nation to post or tweet and Artichoke posts here upon occasion.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Would you prefer I not post here, or that more UConn fans post at the Notre Dame site?

Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer