Does anyone miss CPTV? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does anyone miss CPTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It wasn't a zero-sum transaction. They gained, we gained, what's not to like?
I agree, both parties did gain, perhaps I should have worded it differently. What's not to like? All I can say is that I like what I'm seeing from SNY a whole lot more. For some reason I find regular commercials far less annoying.

Reaction Score
Both shows were great last night on SNY, very professional.
I miss CPTV. No pre game show no post game show, no preview show. Unfortunately, I can't get to see the game any
other way. The game was incredible, but not because of SNY. The UConn Huskies put on a show. Bring back Harriet
and Leigh.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Sarcasm alert!
images

Reaction Score
I will miss CPTV. It's easy to overlook all they have done for UConn, and those of us who cannot attend games. Some may complain about the pledge segments, CPTV like any business needs to generate dollars to survive. So, it's either a commercial break, or Lee Newton waving a stuffed Husky. Small price to pay for broadcasts. Plus, I am not sure of the records, I doubt CPTV broadcast 12 losses in all those years. They were good luck. Thank you CPTV, and Harriet for posting Husky special programming info on the BY for us.

There's a BIG difference between 3-4 three-minute commercials in a half hour post-game show and sitting through 20-25 minutes of pledge drive to get to a two minute interview.

Their record on CPTV, but mainly because they got a lot of cupcake teams.

I'm thankful to all of CPTV's efforts, but it was time to move on.

Reaction Score
I'm confused. A couple of posters on here stated that the only way they could watch UConn WCBB is on CPTV. You folks ARE aware that it is also being offered online through SNY, right?
Was I reading their posts wrong?
http://web.sny.tv/uconnhuskies/

Reaction Score
I for one did not know what to do during the commercials and during half time. I was not being asked for money, nor was I made to feel guilty about how SNY was providing this service and how we should pay pay and pay. There were times on CPTV where they would be like "join us at $100 level" $100 is a lot of money for some families during this economy. And it does not look like it is going to get any better any time soon.

Reaction Score
Do I miss listening to people beg me for money for two hours, as opposed to watching the game with a better picture and far better coverage? No, I can't say I do.

Every UConn fan should appreciate CPTV, but SNY offers a substantially better product. It's as simple as that.

Reaction Score
Do I miss listening to people beg me for money for two hours, as opposed to watching the game with a better picture and far better coverage? No, I can't say I do.

Every UConn fan should appreciate CPTV, but SNY offers a substantially better product. It's as simple as that.
AMEN!!!!

Reaction Score
Well after reading a lot of the posts.... I'm just an old softy... I do miss them. If they hadn't broadcast the games for the last 10 + years... for me, I would have missed everything that was happening, wouldn't even be a fan. So to put up with the collection requests, and people donating what they could, it was well worth it.Some call it begging, I see it as the only way it was able to be paid for...and the time with that made me very happy... Even after seeing the new yesterday, I could still enjoy the old if it were available....

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Lots of people misunderstanding this thread. TDinozzo gets it. I don't miss CPTV but I also don't think they should be crapped on by fans here on the BY just because SNY does it better.
The point is that CPTV did it for years. If they had not covered the games, they would not have been televised. Their motivation has no relevance, nor does the begging. Does anyone think that the CPTV persons enjoyed the begging sessions? n second thought, Franklin may have but surely no one else. They did what they had to do to make televising the games possible.
We should all thank CPTV for helping make UConn WBB what it is today and quit griping about their coverage.

On edit - I do miss Lee Newton and her pink fleece. Am I a bad man for that?

Reaction Score
I miss CPTV. No pre game show no post game show, no preview show. Unfortunately, I can't get to see the game any
other way. The game was incredible, but not because of SNY. The UConn Huskies put on a show. Bring back Harriet
and Leigh.
I regret to say you are in the minority. Most people don't miss the endless droning of your heroines or the fact that there is NO COMMENTARY during the entire halftime just begging!!!!!!

Reaction Score
The streaming quality is much, much better. Basically the same as regular tv quality. On CCTV, I always had problems with freeze framing and image quality.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I regret to say you are in the minority. Most people don't miss the endless droning of your heroines or the fact that there is NO COMMENTARY during the entire halftime just begging!!!!!!

Change the channel if you are/were annoyed...the need to raise public non-gov funds is at the heart of PBS survival. I do miss the "back to you Bob CD commentary" at halftime.

Thanks CPTV, for all you did and do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01