Doc pulls Andre | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Doc pulls Andre

Reaction Score
Andre isn’t really that good and he deserved to be pulled because he fumbled away the rebound and then committed a silly foul. I love Andre but he stands around too much and his teammates don’t seem to be looking to pass to him.
He plays offense the way the coach coaches him to. He had the best +- of any Bucks player and the Bucks consistently lost ground when he was out. Did you watch the game or check the stats? Jesus

Reaction Score
After receiving very little to no playing time, it's great to see Andre getting significant playoff time on the floor. A good coach would have played Andre in the regular sseason more instead of throwing him in the fire on the biggest stage.

Andre has still showed up nonetheless.

Reaction Score
I'm still pissed that they fired Coach Bud. He was not the problem. I don't think Griffin was the answer, but Doc certainly isn't.

Reaction Score
I'm still pissed that they fired Coach Bud. He was not the problem. I don't think Griffin was the answer, but Doc certainly isn't.
Bud with the Bucks: .693 win% and a title
Griffin before getting fired: .698 and was 1st in the east
Doc so far: .472

Doc is probably the best coach of the bunch, and should do much better next year, but not a good luck in Milwaukee

Reaction Score
He plays offense the way the coach coaches him to. He had the best +- of any Bucks player and the Bucks consistently lost ground when he was out. Did you watch the game or check the stats? Jesus
He’s one of those who has some weird vendetta against Ajax.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bud with the Bucks: .693 win% and a title
Griffin before getting fired: .698 and was 1st in the east
Doc so far: .472

Doc is probably the best coach of the bunch, and should do much better next year, but not a good luck in Milwaukee

Doc sucks, but Budenholtzer had the best team in the NBA for 5 years and only even made the NBA finals once. At least the Bucks got one championship, but they really underperformed during Giannis and Middleton's career.

I am willing to give them a mulligan on the 2022 playoffs because Middleton was out, and getting to the conference finals in 2019 was respectable, but two early round exits to the Heat (2020 and 2023) are inexcusable, and now this year. The window for an NBA team to challenge for a title is short, and the Bucks' window has closed.

It is also worth pointing out that the Bucks got really lucky that they even had this window. Giannis was the 15th pick in the 2013 draft. Giannis was playing in the equivalent of the Greek G league, and there have been different stories about whether anyone in the Bucks' front office had even seen him play prior to his getting drafted, or if they were going off a European scout's assessment. No one on any team had any idea Giannis would be remotely this good, because if anyone did, they could have easily traded up in the 2013 draft, which was probably the worst draft since the ABA/NBA merger. Other than the Hawks, there are also no contemporaneous reports from 2013 that any other team even wanted Giannis. Giannis is the equivalent of a unicorn riding another unicorn.

Middleton was a second round pick of the Pistons in 2012, played much of his rookie season on a G-League team, and was traded to the Bucks the next offseason as a throw in on a trade between two mediocre point guards. The Bucks sucked so badly in 2013-2014 that they had to play him, and even then it took him three seasons to really emerge.

Basically, the Bucks got really lucky on both players, and prior to the Bucks making the conference finals in 2019, they had not won a playoff series since 2001. This is not exactly a franchise that exudes greatness.

Reaction Score
Doc sucks, but Budenholtzer had the best team in the NBA for 5 years and only even made the NBA finals once. At least the Bucks got one championship, but they really underperformed during Giannis and Middleton's career.
And they were a millimeter or so of Kevin Durant's big toe away from losing to a Brooklyn team that was KD, no Kyrie, injured Harden. Bud needed to go. Griffin sucked. Doc has been terrible, too, though.

Reaction Score
Doc sucks he’s been a complete disaster, when you make Gilbert Arenas look like a genius that’s really bad.
Doc is not a good coach.

He does a nice job of keeping his veterans happy, but that's about it. Give Doc a few future Hall of Famers playing at a high level and he has success. Most coaches would have success in that situation.

He is not a good game day coach. He can't make adjustments. His teams have blown series leads in the playoffs because once the other coach figures out how to stop what Doc's team is doing, Doc has no answer.

He also doesn't give young players a chance to grow. Young players only get minutes if a veteran gets hurt, or in foul trouble; if they play well they still end up on the bench as soon as the veteran player is back.

Reaction Score
Doc is not a good coach.

He does a nice job of keeping his veterans happy, but that's about it. Give Doc a few future Hall of Famers playing at a high level and he has success. Most coaches would have success in that situation.

He is not a good game day coach. He can't make adjustments. His teams have blown series leads in the playoffs because once the other coach figures out how to stop what Doc's team is doing, Doc has no answer.

He also doesn't give young players a chance to grow. Young players only get minutes if a veteran gets hurt, or in foul trouble; if they play well they still end up on the bench as soon as the veteran player is back.
You are not telling the complete story. Doc's "Come on, let's go!" clapping ranks as one of the best ever.

Reaction Score
Griffin was 30-13 when he was fired Doc is 18-22 since. What a joke! AG should take over the Women when Geno hangs it up.
Wouldn’t he wanna be on the staff with next year with Aubrey Griffin if that were the case, if anyone were to be a successor to Geno would think it would be Carla Berube.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
This thread is 100% the reason why Hurley should never leave for the NBA. The Bucks fired a coach who was 30-13 because the players didn't like him and brought in a guy who has tanked their season. It also the reason why I can't watch the NBA. It feels like the Kardashians but just with (more) sports. A bunch of dramatic millionaires who can't get out of their own way.

No way those egomaniacs in the NBA will listen to Dan Hurley telling them that Isaiah Whaley RAN EVERYWHERE.

Reaction Score
This thread is 100% the reason why Hurley should never leave for the NBA. The Bucks fired a coach who was 30-13 because the players didn't like him and brought in a guy who has tanked their season. It also the reason why I can't watch the NBA. It feels like the Kardashians but just with (more) sports. A bunch of dramatic millionaires who can't get out of their own way.

No way those egomaniacs in the NBA will listen to Dan Hurley telling them that Isaiah Whaley RAN EVERYWHERE.
I've thought of this often myself. The last part is the thing that really rings true.
I've been watching the NBA playoffs consistently for the first time in years, I'm enjoying it, but as a different entity entirely. But I can't see Hurleys brand of coaching fitting there. He needs to be top dog.

Reaction Score

I am willing to give them a mulligan on the 2022 playoffs because Middleton was out, and getting to the conference finals in 2019 was respectable, but two early round exits to the Heat (2020 and 2023) are inexcusable, and now this year. The window for an NBA team to challenge for a title is short, and the Bucks' window has closed.

It is also worth pointing out that the Bucks got really lucky that they even had this window. Giannis was the 15th pick in the 2013 draft. Giannis was playing in the equivalent of the Greek G league, and there have been different stories about whether anyone in the Bucks' front office had even seen him play prior to his getting drafted, or if they were going off a European scout's assessment. No one on any team had any idea Giannis would be remotely this good, because if anyone did, they could have easily traded up in the 2013 draft, which was probably the worst draft since the ABA/NBA merger. Other than the Hawks, there are also no contemporaneous reports from 2013 that any other team even wanted Giannis. Giannis is the equivalent of a unicorn riding another unicorn.

Middleton was a second round pick of the Pistons in 2012, played much of his rookie season on a G-League team, and was traded to the Bucks the next offseason as a throw in on a trade between two mediocre point guards. The Bucks sucked so badly in 2013-2014 that they had to play him, and even then it took him three seasons to really emerge.

Basically, the Bucks got really lucky on both players, and prior to the Bucks making the conference finals in 2019, they had not won a playoff series since 2001. This is not exactly a franchise that exudes greatness.

Agree with all of that - other than Giannis got hurt last year so I don't fully put that on Bud. But I do agree that the window is closed - and they were better without the trade for Dame. Problem is Giannis might not have signed the extension without the trade, and now they are hamstrung. Not as bad as the Suns, but not much better.

Reaction Score

They played NO defense and Griffin didn't seem to have an answer for that. Griffin would have just been a worse version of Bud - and you need D in the playoffs.

I wouldn't have fired Griffin - I would have let him take a shot at it - but I didn't believe either. That being said - it was his first gig and I think going 30-13 should have earned him one run through the playoffs - couldn't be worse than this.

Reaction Score

Hurley would hate the NBA. He requires people to be 100% bought it, give 100% effort 100% of the time. Most of the top NBA teams are run by isolations by their $200M+ superstars. I love the NBA because the basketball skill level is insane, but it's not a place that people like Hurley would do well in

Reaction Score
Hurley would hate the NBA. He requires people to be 100% bought it, give 100% effort 100% of the time. Most of the top NBA teams are run by isolations by their $200M+ superstars. I love the NBA because the basketball skill level is insane, but it's not a place that people like Hurley would do well in
So that shows just how bad calamari is. He couldn’t do what he does in college

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
And they were a millimeter or so of Kevin Durant's big toe away from losing to a Brooklyn team that was KD, no Kyrie, injured Harden. Bud needed to go. Griffin sucked. Doc has been terrible, too, though.
Also went to 6 games against a Hawks team that lost Trae Young during the series.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Toppin instigated a confrontation and extended his arm, shoving Beverly down, but doesn't get tossed a game after Portis got tossed for retaliating. The refs could not have less respect for Doc Rivers.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Andre got a raw deal with the coaching change from someone who believed in defensive players to someone who wants his guards/wings driving and shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom