Do You Agree With Charlie Creme? | The Boneyard

Do You Agree With Charlie Creme?

Reaction Score
You can generally make more money betting against whatever Charlie says....

but, yes, at the very least the thinking is that South Carolina is UConn's likeliest Elite 8 match-up. And if these unfold according to seed, I'd pay to see ND-Oregon (but I'm already paying to see UConn....)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You can generally make more money betting against whatever Charlie says....

but, yes, at the very least the thinking is that South Carolina is UConn's likeliest Elite 8 match-up. And if these unfold according to seed, I'd pay to see ND-Oregon (but I'm already paying to see UConn....)
I'd also pay to see Louisville-Baylor.

Reaction Score
With SoCars win, I think Tex is a clear #8 and they will want to give UConn the weakest 2.

Had SC lost, I think 7/8 would've been closer and it would've been no big deal to pair UConn with 7 SC and #2 Ms st with 8 Tex. But no more.

Thus UConn - Tex in albany

Reaction Score
With SoCars win, I think Tex is a clear #8 and they will want to give UConn the weakest 2.

Had SC lost, I think 7/8 would've been closer and it would've been no big deal to pair UConn with 7 SC and #2 Ms st with 8 Tex. But no more.

Thus UConn - Tex in albany
I think you nailed it, VG! Yet again, UConn-TX, just not in Bridgeport....

Reaction Score
There are going to be some interesting games in the Lexington region if the bracket plays out like this.

I've always wondered if there was some kind of quid-pro-quo between Charlie and the NCAA. He announces early, shoulders all of the rage and push-back, then the NCAA announces the final version already having had the benefit of seeing the ...well, rage and push-back. :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree or not I certainly like the Albany bracket for UConn. Baylor, Texas, Oregon. You can have them. I'd rather face SCar in the E8 than any of them.

I don't disagree with you, however Wilson is going to try to put that team on her back.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I don't disagree with you, however Wilson is going to try to put that team on her back.
Don't misunderstand me. I love A'ja. I love her game, her personality, how she deals with others, her family. I love Dawn and what she's building down there. I love that passionate fanbase that WCBB needs more of. But honestly, she can try to put that team on her back against UConn and score 40 with 30 shots and they'll still lose by 20. By the 4th quarter it'll be a layup drill for UConn with the rest of the players on SCar unable to score, since they haven't been involved for the first 3Q's.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I have no idea how Dayton is in the Tournament.
They have zero wins against anyone other than a 10 seed Virginia, who I am not certain should be there either.
They have losses vs St. Louis 121 RPI and George Washington in the A-10 tournament. GW had a 89 RPI going into that game and was a 5 seed vs a 1 seed. The St Louis loss came at the end of the year too.
Nothing on their resume gets them in the NCAA, IMO.

Does anyone see something I dont?

Reaction Score
Why would Baylor get sent further to Lexington and Texas stay closer in KC?

Reaction Score
Charlie vs. the AP
If brackets were assigned from the AP rankings using an "S-Curve" distribution, they would look as follows. As the AP Poll doesn't have enough teams to fill out full brackets, cells without associated AP teams are grayed out. It does give an idea how the top of each bracket would fall.

upload_2018-3-5_16-36-25.png

JordyG

Reaction Score
Or a
Charlie has a potential Duke/UConn match up in the Sweet Sixteen. It would makes for some interesting story lines for TV
OR a UConn-USC match up. Sadie Blair, I see you.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I also agree that SC's win yesterday earned the Gamecocks a trip to any place other than Albany. Assuming that Baylor beats TX for the 3rd time tonight, and UConn wins tonight and tomorrow, I think TX heads to Albany. Baylor goes to KC for a clash of the titans with MS St. Louisville and SC go to Lexington and ND and OR end up in Spokane.

I like this setup, particularly if UConn comes out of Albany, as expected, and faces either ND or OR in the National semifinal.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Charlie has a potential Duke/UConn match up in the Sweet Sixteen. It would makes for some interesting story lines for TV
Maybe this year, JPM can assume Brenda's role of complaining that there are no tickets left for all those Duke fans that want to travel to Albany to watch their team get beaten by 30 pts.

Reaction Score
Sorry but I do NOT agree. If Baylor wins the BIG 12 they should be the fourth No. 1 seed. There is no way that South Carolina with winning the SEC Tournament will be the fourth No. 2 seed.

1-1) UConn
1-2) Mississippi State
1-3) Louisville
1-4) Baylor

2-1) Notre Dame
2-2) Oregon
2-3) South Carolina
2-4) Ohio State

Reaction Score
There are going to be some interesting games in the Lexington region if the bracket plays out like this.

I've always wondered if there was some kind of quid-pro-quo between Charlie and the NCAA. He announces early, shoulders all of the rage and push-back, then the NCAA announces the final version already having had the benefit of seeing the ...well, rage and push-back. :D :eek: :rolleyes:

In today's world of sports & money (advertisers), this explanation seems highly plausible.

Reaction Score
I never agree with CC. I am finding it harder and harder to believe that Baylor will not get a #1 seed, especially if they beat Texas tonight. Are you telling me that the committee is not going to give the AP #2 team a #1 seed. Even with the Wallace injury. Why should N.D get a #1 seed ?
There is a reason that CC is invited to discuss these things with the committee. ESPN wants some say into the tv matchups.

Reaction Score
Charlie vs. the AP
If brackets were assigned from the AP rankings using an "S-Curve" distribution, they would look as follows. As the AP Poll doesn't have enough teams to fill out full brackets, cells without associated AP teams are grayed out. It does give an idea how the top of each bracket would fall.

View attachment 29143
I agree with you . But the committee keeps finding ways to "not" use the "s" curve.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I agree with you . But the committee keeps finding ways to "not" use the "s" curve.
It ends up looking more like an inverted Old English W. :confused:

Reaction Score
It would not surprise me if they put South Carolina into Mississippi State's bracket, given this season and last's history. They met in the championship game last year with SC winning the National Championship: story line 1. MS won the regular season meeting and were undefeated until SC beat them in the conference championship: story line 2. Ratings, money, NCAA happiness. I think they'll mine that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom