OT: - Do we need a guide to Boneyard Mojo? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Do we need a guide to Boneyard Mojo?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let’s forget about the debacle, it only brought us one tourney win, and my bowels are still obstructed 6.5 years later.
No, The Boneyard never forgets. You did not eat the mojo sandwich. This was the mojo sandwich:
1671283833258.jpeg

You, on the other hand, had a different turkey item every other day. Artisanal grass fed turkey pate with some vague tomatoey tapenade. It was a mockery of the sentence and mojo gods took out their righteous wrath upon the team.

If you promise the volcano a young virgin, you don't throw the village’s 80 year old hooker in the volcano. You, sir, were that 80 year old hooker.

CL82

Reaction Score
The Blues Brothers said it best, in 2011 “We’re On A Mission From God”. Since then I have worshipped at the Church of Maker‘s Mark. That was a miracle, it was tangible and we all witnessed it, not like all these fantastical religions. So spring, pre NCAA, a direct sign from Heaven, that’s Mojo.
Um, do you mean Makers Muppet?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thanks, always terrific fun.

Half an hour ago I could have told you that NRBQ had Al Anderson of CT's Wildweeds as a member for a while; that pianist Terry Adams once wrote the liner notes for a 2-lp compilation of Thelonious Monk's Columbia recordings; that the band once put out an album called "NRBQ at Yankee Stadium" that was neither recorded nor performed at Yankee Stadium, but I never knew until tonight that band's mid-1960s origins go back to lively Shively, within the Louisville Metro, Terry Adams's home town.
Al was a founding member I believe. Many of my UConn friends were from Windsor. Almost every year we want to see NRBQ when they played at the Ramada on Al’s birthday. Great fun.

Reaction Score
Let me put things in perspective for you trekkies. This board is just a speck in the landscape of UConn culture. So much so that the admin who set it up probably forgot it exists. But if they had an inkling of what ensues here with a G squad claiming they have powers to influence the team’s performance, (who also don’t know you exist) the code language, the chauvinism, perceived seniority or pecking order, and all the other BS, they would further exile this board out of the fabric and rename the site ‘LandofthemisfitBoys dot com.
I couldn’t get through half of the drivel on this thread. I can assure you it’s totally sleep inducing. You’re embarrassing the rest of us with this bizarro melodrama. Creighton and other boards are probably laughing at us.

The funniest fact about this is you sir are the misfit. Where did this moron come from? Please start your own Yard, I am sure there will be many followers to your line of knowledge and communication :rolleyes:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My latest mojo trend is missing road games. Couldn’t watch Florida live, and now I’ve got a Christmas dinner/concert thing tonight. These are always on game night for some reason.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Does the current Judge even post here?
That’s actually a valid point. We really need to get are house in order before the stretch run.

Things are in disarray

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You know it’s a bunch of 70-80 year old men there, right?

The women’s board:

View attachment 81988
The age is not the issue. This picture is closer to depicting the 70-80 year olds in this forum. We prefer to be passionate and have no problem engaging with members of our community who are equally passionate regardless of age or gender.

My admiration for you goes beyond the amount of time and energy you have put into (and continue to put into) The Boneyard. You are a passionate person and it has to be suffocating to reduce that passion day in and day out to accommodate a community of individuals who have lost or reduced their passion. To explain it in Trekkian terminology for @Hype Cat this forum is populated by the entire crew of the Enterprise whereas the women's forum is populated primarily by Spocks although lately you're getting a lot of crewmen 451s.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You, on the other hand, had a different turkey item every other day. Artisanal grass fed turkey pate with some vague tomatoey tapenade
Don’t blame me ,@8893 was my menu planner

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Let me put things in perspective for you trekkies. This board is just a speck in the landscape of UConn culture. So much so that the admin who set it up probably forgot it exists. But if they had an inkling of what ensues here with a G squad claiming they have powers to influence the team’s performance, (who also don’t know you exist) the code language, the chauvinism, perceived seniority or pecking order, and all the other BS, they would further exile this board out of the fabric and rename the site ‘LandofthemisfitBoys dot com.
I couldn’t get through half of the drivel on this thread. I can assure you it’s totally sleep inducing. You’re embarrassing the rest of us with this bizarro melodrama. Creighton and other boards are probably laughing at us.
Of course this forum and threads such as this thread are going to garner critical commentary. Most of us have seen evidence that validates that claim. Go ahead and show me something that gets universal approval.

Is there melodrama in this forum? Absolutely. All you have to do is reread what you wrote as evidence. But if you think these last several days of threads and posts have been melodramatic they don't move the needle compared to what happens here when things go wrong.

We're all triggered by something or somethings. So I'm trying to understand what it is that is happening here which is causing you to be offended. Is it the idioms that some of us bring up? It seems you ascribe this to exclusivity profferred as something that is special for a group to laugh at the expense of those not in the know. If this is the case you could not be more incorrect.

These are nostalgic idioms or events. They have occurred over the history of this forum during good and bad times that many (but not all) of us have come to laugh at. Quite often they happened accidentally someone saw some humor in them and the community took off with it. That is all. I came here earlier than many but later than some. I'm aware of many of those that developed since I joined but those nostalgic phrases or incidences that happened before I joined I had to ask people what the joke was about. It was happily explained and I went running with it.

More will come. That is a certainty. And people who join after that happens will be as in the dark as you are now. So "Forte he Ead" and "Shu shu Orange Flu" enjoy the humanity of this forum.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It was a random sarcastic reply from UConnhenry (may he RIP). It quickly developed a life of it's own.
And here is the answer to the question who started the "in 20 minutes" idiom. Shame it was posted at 5:25 AM so I'm bringing it up again.

We have our folklore. Not all of the folklore is going to be endearing to everyone or all of the time. But I feel it contributes to make this community special.

Reaction Score
That’s actually a valid point. We really need to get are house in order before the stretch run.

Things are in disarray
And again, I'm the only one who appears to care.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Of course this forum and threads such as this thread are going to garner critical commentary. Most of us have seen evidence that validates that claim. Go ahead and show me something that gets universal approval.

Is there melodrama in this forum? Absolutely. All you have to do is reread what you wrote as evidence. But if you think these last several days of threads and posts have been melodramatic they don't move the needle compared to what happens here when things go wrong.

We're all triggered by something or somethings. So I'm trying to understand what it is that is happening here which is causing you to be offended. Is it the idioms that some of us bring up? It seems you ascribe this to exclusivity profferred as something that is special for a group to laugh at the expense of those not in the know. If this is the case you could not be more incorrect.

These are nostalgic idioms or events. They have occurred over the history of this forum during good and bad times that many (but not all) of us have come to laugh at. Quite often they happened accidentally someone saw some humor in them and the community took off with it. That is all. I came here earlier than many but later than some. I'm aware of many of those that developed since I joined but those nostalgic phrases or incidences that happened before I joined I had to ask people what the joke was about. It was happily explained and I went running with it.

More will come. That is a certainty. And people who join after that happens will be as in the dark as you are now. So "Forte he Ead" and "Shu shu Orange Flu" enjoy the humanity of this forum.
Forte the Ead was an instant classic.

In the game chat, UConn clawing its way back. Scored. And one of the folks fat fingered "For the lead!"

Posted "Fort he Ead"

History was made that evening, my friends.

Signed: prankster (originator of the Hilton Armstrong Unit)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Don’t know if you’re referring to this - warning, it links to the women’s board

This wasn't the one link by @Beaner, and I'd never seen it before. Even knowing most of it, I liked it a lot.

Could be valuable for interested others.

Thanks for posting.

Reaction Score
Yet interestingly enough, I have never once….

Said Fort the Ead
Written a haiku
Posted in a UUUUUUUUU, CCCCCCCC thread

Why?

BECAUSE IF I DONT THINK IT EFFECTS THE MOJO, IT DOESNT!!!

CL82

Reaction Score
I had Lucky the Bunny. I lopped his ear and eyelid off with the lawnmower.
Wait, you had him then you mutilated him? You are a bigger monster than I thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom