Do we know conference opponents next year? | The Boneyard

Do we know conference opponents next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Home/Away? I'm assuming we don't play everyone twice since there's 11 of us correct?

Reaction Score
most definitely a home/away with Memphis, Cincy, Temple, SMU because they are the only good programs and we need to play them twice.. everyone else is crap

Reaction Score
most definitely a home/away with Memphis, Cincy, Temple, SMU because they are the only good programs and we need to play them twice.. everyone else is crap

I wouldn't consider Tulsa to be crap.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't consider Tulsa to be crap.
Tulsa is garbage. I would rather play Seton Hall and Depaul than Tulsa. Oh well, we should go undefeated or have 1 loss to SMU next season in conference play

Reaction Score
Do we even know who the heck is in the league next year? I thought the AAC had open enrollment.

Reaction Score
Tulsa is garbage. I would rather play Seton Hall and Depaul than Tulsa. Oh well, we should go undefeated or have 1 loss to SMU next season in conference play
Well then your not looking out for UConn's RPI.

Tulsa's RPI was 70, Depaul and Seton Hall were 154 and 130 respectively. And these were better numbers then the year before for them.

So my guess is you do not know much about Tulsa, or DePaul or Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
Well then your not looking out for UConn's RPI.

Tulsa's RPI was 70, Depaul and Seton Hall were 154 and 130 respectively. And these were better numbers then the year before for them.

So my guess is you do not know much about Tulsa, or DePaul or Seton Hall.
Yes because the rpi is what crowns a champion. It obviously can't mean too much if we got a freaking 7 seed this year and still won the whole thing

Reaction Score
Yes because the rpi is what crowns a champion. It obviously can't mean too much if we got a freaking 7 seed this year and still won the whole thing
This post makes zero sense unless you unaware of how the RPI and NCAA seeding works.

The better RPI teams we play the better it is for our SOS and RPI. Thus, better for UConn. Not tough stuff here.

But sure lets play Depaul.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I can't believe we actually have to say this now and for the foreseeable future.

owwwwww, poor thing...bless your heart

Next season should go: SMU, UConn, Memphis, Cincy, Tulsa, Houston, Temple...in that order.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score

Next season should go: SMU, UConn, Memphis, Cincy, Tulsa, Houston, Temple...in that order.
It will be a 3 bid league next year. SMU, UConn and one more. Cincinnati is losing three very important players and Memphis could only manage an 8 seed with 4 senior guards, considering Pastner's coaching ability they are looking at the NIT.

Reaction Score
It will be a 3 bid league next year. SMU, UConn and one more. Cincinnati is losing three very important players and Memphis could only manage an 8 seed with 4 senior guards, considering Pastner's coaching ability they are looking at the NIT.

My feeling is that it will be a four bid league with UConn, SMU, Cincy, and Memphis. I know Cincinnati loses a ton but Cronin is too good of a coach, I think they find a way to get in. And even with the departures in the back court, Goodwin and Nichols is a pretty formidable front line.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

Houston is losing a lot...Thomas and House (their two leading scorers), have both transferred.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
My feeling is that it will be a four bid league with UConn, SMU, Cincy, and Memphis. I know Cincinnati loses a ton but Cronin is too good of a coach, I think they find a way to get in. And even with the departures in the back court, Goodwin and Nichols is a pretty formidable front line.

I agree...4 NCAAs, Tulsa makes the NIT

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score

Big talk from a team that didn't win a single NCAA game last season...oh, those Ivy League schools.

Reaction Score

Memphis, you have to understand where UConn has been (Big East) to the conference where we are in (AAC) to the conference where we desire to be (B1G).
Yeah, we know, we have to play the hand we are dealt, (AAC) but, that doesn't mean we cannot dream. (B1G)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom