Do we go by the block "C" or new Husky Dog head... | The Boneyard

Do we go by the block "C" or new Husky Dog head...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... or both? I notice on NFL Network at the bottom of the screen our Pro Day is March 11.. but that had us as Connecticut with a block C , not UCONN with the Husky dog head... So, what do we go by? Typically everything's uniform across the board, no matter where our identity shows up (ESPN, a billboard on the highway, NFL Network).. Not trying to beat a deadhorse, but it makes us look we don't have our stuff together, no?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't think it's us. I think some outlets simply don't update their graphics often enough.

This is true (I think). I have DirecTV, and every time there is a UConn hoops game on the channel search, they are showing our old logo...

Reaction Score
The block C is gone as we know, and Yahoo Sports still has the old Jonathan logo, so yes, it's just a lack of media sources updating to the newer look.

Reaction Score
Weird to see other schools with updated logos on those very same stations/websites

Reaction Score
Actually, UConn has trademark copyrights to old Husky, new Husky, & block C logos. I expect the University use all three in featuring retro uniforms in the future. Sort of like Oregon dusting of their old Donald Duck football helmet every once in a while.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Actually, UConn has trademark copyrights to old Husky, new Husky, & block C logos. I expect the University use all three in featuring retro uniforms in the future. Sort of like Oregon dusting of their old Donald Duck football helmet every once in a while.
Yeah I got my 1959 Sad Jonathan T-shirt, and @UConnTrademark hinted that 1960's Musket Jonathan might also have a limited edition T-shirt sometime in the future.

Reaction Score
I think some outlets simply don't update their graphics often enough.
Yahoo Sports still has the old Jonathan logo. It's just a lack of media sources updating to the newer look.

It's not enough to simply acknowledge sloppy work by the media. We need to drive those media entities to get it right. It is disrespectful and indicative of a dismissive attitude towards UConn for these outlets to use our old logo, our old name, or to ignore us when coverage or a mention is warranted. I've had discussions with Warde Manuel and Mike Enright on this subject several times in the past. It's important to act on issues like this. If we can't control what the media say, we should at least let them hear about it when they miss the mark. I feel it's critical to prevent the media from further marginalizing our program.

Here's an example from last year about our treatment by the NFL Network.

Hi Warde,

I don't know if this has been brought to your attention but during The NFL Network's telecast of the 2013 Combine there is a "crawl" along the bottom of the screen with the date of every school's upcoming ProDay along with the players who will be participating. It indicates UConn's ProDay will occur on March 20. Our Pro day is actually March 27. It's imperative that the NFL Network be alerted.

It's also unacceptable and embarrassing that the ProDay crawl only displays the names of our four NFL Combine attendees as ProDay participants. No other UConn players are mentioned. Many other schools including conference members Rutgers and Louisville show the names of several other notable players not invited to the combine but scheduled to participate at their respective ProDays. I was amazed that the names of several UConn players with clear (and rational) NFL aspirations were glaringly absent. Where was Ryan Griffin, Jory Johnson, Nick Williams, Michael Smith, etc.? Their exclusion diminishes whatever the public perception of these players was. It's important that the Network be be alerted to have their names added.

Warde, I believe these seemingly innocuous issues are not innocuous. They serve to perpetuate (or help change) perceptions about UConn Football. It's frankly disappointing to see UConn marginalized once again on the Pro Day issue by The NFL Network. Can you please inform them of their error and help them correct it?

Best Regards,

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Yeah I got my 1959 Sad Jonathan T-shirt, and @UConnTrademark hinted that 1960's Musket Jonathan might also have a limited edition T-shirt sometime in the future.

I love the fact that I am seeing those shirts! It's a nice tie back to our history. I'm a sucker for nostalgia...

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Bring on the spring game! F!! the logo, F!! the pro day, lets get it on with our new chapter! Then lets get on with rippin BYU a new ass Aug 29th!

Reaction Score
Are our helmets this season going to be the same as last season's arena football helmets?

Reaction Score
Are our helmets this season going to be the same as last season's arena football helmets?
The design is up to the head coach.
Skippy liked UCONN printed on the side. Randy changed it to interlocking UC for the last year at Memorial Stadium & the Block C for the rest of his tenure. Coach P. did last year's rendition. I imagine the HCBD will make his own selection, but it won't be unveiled until the BYU game. I wouldn't be surprised if the team wears blank helmets on Saturday with the team on 1 sideline wearing blue & the opposition wearing white as we have both colors at our disposal.

Reaction Score
THe new helmet design kind of grew on me abit - everything except the face on the front. That I don't like, and wouldn't mind if it ended up a historical oddity very quickly. I kind of like the tapered stripe and UCONN across the back. I've remarked on this before. When I see that from the back, it makes me think of would be tacklers seeing that UCONN pulling away from them when they're pursuing to try to make a tackle. I like defenses seeing that UCONN over and over when we're in a huddle. I honestly can't think of another helmet design in division 1 that has anything comparable - not that there isn't one - but I think it's pretty unique. The dogface on the front - buh bye - please. I like the solid color with the stripe down the middle as is. JMO

Truthfully, I could care less if they came out wearing pure chrome helmets with nothing else as long as they start winning again. But if they are going to change it, I think the dog face on the front should go.

Reaction Score
Where's UConnInsider? When they first unveilled these new helmets last year, didn't he say that the following year UConn would have some alternate designs for 2014?

Keep beating a dead horse here, but that front view dogface inkblot stripe has gotta go. It just looks . . . . . . . bad.

Reaction Score
... or both? I notice on NFL Network at the bottom of the screen our Pro Day is March 11.. but that had us as Connecticut with a block C , not UCONN with the Husky dog head... So, what do we go by? Typically everything's uniform across the board, no matter where our identity shows up (ESPN, a billboard on the highway, NFL Network).. Not trying to beat a deadhorse, but it makes us look we don't have our stuff together, no?

I can't believe I am saying this but the more we win, the better the Eyes, Dog helmets may look to me. Presently, they remind us of losing. For what ever it's worth, the new husky dog logo has been very successful and I now like it way more than the old "fluffy" husky. Having said that the new dog on the side of the helmet would look pretty good. The problem might be what to do with a blue helmet. I suppose you could reverse everything.

upload_2014-4-13_11-45-19.png

Reaction Score
I can't believe I am saying this but the more we win, the better the Eyes, Dog helmets may look to me. Presently, they remind us of losing. For what ever it's worth, the new husky dog logo has been very successful and I now like it way more than the old "fluffy" husky. Having said that the new dog on the side of the helmet would look pretty good. The problem might be what to do with a blue helmet. I suppose you could reverse everything.

View attachment 5756
I would think there is no reason we can't use a white helmet for both home and away (although that might get me crucified here). I know the trend is to have about a million combinations of uniform and helmet colors and designs, but it wouldn't kill me to use white helmets for everything.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I want to see an alternate 3rd Helmet and Jersey combo this year... Bust it out for maybe that game against Army at Yankee Stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom