Do UConn blow outs lack entertainment value? | The Boneyard

Do UConn blow outs lack entertainment value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not to this guy. I'm not talking about the regular season games against the little sisters of the poor of the American. I'm talking about world class beat downs on teams like Texas. Texas is very good team that is only going to get better next year with 13 players returning plus the addition of the 2 McD's AAs. I respect them and like their coach. But man did we just out class them. Now typically a game in which one team pretty much doubles up the other isn't entertaining, at least to me, but I really enjoy watching UConn execute. The ball movement, the money open jumpers, the lock down defense is all beautiful in its own way. Obviously, I've seen this team play a lot but every game there are bunches of play where my jaw drops at the athleticism, the court vision, the execution. It is incredibly impressive, and yes, entertaining.

I love this version of the Huskies.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I enjoyed it as I thought they played relaxed, didn't rush, and execution was spot on. I'm not as well versed in strategy as my husband, so sometimes games such as these let me learn things.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Outside of Huskie nation? Yes, these blowouts lack entertainment value. For my part, if we blowout every team the rest of the way I will definitely consider myself entertained. :D

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If you like Basketball for the sport then the Game against Texas was entertaining. That was some of the best basketball a team could play. Now if you want a close competitive game, regardless of the level of play then it wasn't entertaining.

Reaction Score
I was entertained today, and extremely impressed. But I bet not anywhere close to as entertained as UNC & USC fans were last night. I think we've forgotten what real adrenaline feels like.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
For me - yes and no. Regular season cupcake blowouts provide little interest but huge wins over quality teams are entertaining. When it comes tournament time I would be OK with 6 consecutive 100 - 0 wins.

Reaction Score
Just wow! Can't wait til this one is online. I could not view it because of work. It is such a pleasure to watch great athletes execute a great game plan. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Does listening to Mozart lack entertainment value for fans of classical music???

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
My gosh, after one of the team's spurts in the second half, Geno was almost giddy! Outside of the moments when the team has just won the national title or a conference tournament, has anyone every seen him with such a gleeful look on his face?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
are-you-not-entertained-w-text-720x396.jpg

Reaction Score
Would you rather watch good basketball players or pathetic 5, I mean P5, teams struggle to score 30 by half?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
UCONN proved today that Big 12 schools are just as good as your average AAC team.

This comment is absolutely spot on! The AAC caught a lot of...negative press...for having a weak women's division. And what we've learned today and the entire season is that it is somewhat irrelevant which conference we are in. Would Notre Dame, DePaul, and Syracuse have offered us more than what we get on a regular basis from the AAC? Yes. But we played ND and DePaul anyway. And Syracuse will still lose by more than 40. And so did Texas... :cool:

Reaction Score
My gosh, after one of the team's spurts in the second half, Geno was almost giddy! Outside of the moments when the team has just won the national title or a conference tournament, has anyone every seen him with such a gleeful look on his face?
Would you rather watch good basketball players or pathetic 5, I mean P5, teams struggle to score 30 by half?

I can't remember when I have watched such consistently bad basketball, especially by so called P5 teams.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A blow-out against a much weaker regular-season opponent can lack entertainment value. Today, no. It sucked you in early. Stewie was missing shots. Texas was running some pretty effective offense. Then the doors just came off and it became just a marvel of team ball. And I find team ball very entertaining.

Reaction Score
I was entertained today, and extremely impressed. But I bet not anywhere close to as entertained as UNC & USC fans were last night. I think we've forgotten what real adrenaline feels like.
Yeah, but I'm gonna be more entertained in the elite eight than most UNC fans, so I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom