Dishin & Swishin Podcast: Taj McWilliams-Franklin transitions from WNBA legend to DII HC | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin Podcast: Taj McWilliams-Franklin transitions from WNBA legend to DII HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Taj McWilliams-Franklin has played basketball for twenty-five franchises, in twelve countries, over twenty-one years.

Just let that sink in for a minute; each part on its own is an amazing achievement. Combined, they make for a legacy of greatness sure to be honored with a spot in the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame.

Now, “Mama Taj” is “Coach Taj.” For years, she was known by the first moniker in WNBA circles. She was the veteran, the leader, the person always there in a motherly way for her teammates. The second part, as she jokes, means she now tells her players at Post University, a small Division II school in Waterbury, Connecticut, go cry on your mother’s shoulder, I’m your coach.

Fun catching up with Taj. We talked about everything from the finals, playing against Catch and with Maya, why it means so much for her to coach at a small school, and a lot more.

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/201...s-from-wnba-legend-to-division-ii-head-coach/

Reaction Score
When she was playing in the ABL, and I used to go to the Blizzard games in Hartford, I wasn't familiar with her. When they would announce her name, I thought they were saying, "Cosmic Williams." I thought that was such a cool name! :rolleyes:
Now, of course I am VERY familiar with her. Bet she will make a terrific coach.

Reaction Score
lol, great story. She describes herself perfectly when she uses the word cerebral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom