Disappointed in SNY... Truth about Triple Doubles | The Boneyard

Disappointed in SNY... Truth about Triple Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
congrats to Kiah for her triple double. This makes her the FOURTH UCONN player to do so. Seems SNY and Megan Cuomo forgot last years NCCA game against ST. Joseph's where Kaleena had 10 rebounds, 20 points, and 10 assist. To neglect her accomplishments is unacceptable. Don't they have a research team there? Megan.... You need to make this right

Reaction Score
Thanks 01 for stopping me from thinking I was going out of my mind. I knew from last year that KML had triple-double. When SNY left her off and said there were only three they had me scrambling to the media guide stats sheet. I agree, what a miss on their part and to have Mehgan and Kara both on the broadcast to not catch this is surprising.

Reaction Score
Yeah, humans do make mistakes. Who's this Meg Cuomo person anyway? Related to the governor?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
They usually do do individual team research, but it's based off of what the SIDs provide. In the moment ('cause they're working the game) it's on the SNY stat person to double check. I'd be interested to see how the stats are broken down within whatever the current media guide is.

So folks are stat geeks, some ain't.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yeah, humans do make mistakes. Who's this Meg Cuomo person anyway? Related to the governor?
Not sure if you're trying to be clever or not??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Put it on the SID. It doesn't seem to be in the media guide.

For what it is worth, if you are a true UConn WBB junky, the media guide is an invaluable tool.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Not sure if you're trying to be clever or not??

It's an irony alert. The name is spelled "Meghan Culmo" and not, as the OP spelled it, "Megan Cuomo." :)

Reaction Score
Stats are interesting, entertaining and informative (and yes Meg and Kara should have known better) but at team-first UConn, where the best player in America is fine averaging just 16 ppg; where the best point guard in the country toils without the deserving national acclaim; where the comeback player of the year does everything great while in relative, national anonymity; where a two-time National Champion is talked about more for her physique than her incredible skills on the court; where an incredible freshman who deserves to be in the discussion for national FOY but isn't- that's alright. Because for these kids, this team, the fans and the UConn WCBB program THE ONLY NUMBER THAN MATTERS IS 9. AND 10. AND ...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stats are interesting, entertaining and informative (and yes Meg and Kara should have known better) but at team-first UConn, where the best player in America is fine averaging just 16 ppg; where the best point guard in the country toils without the deserving national acclaim; where the comeback player of the year does everything great while in relative, national anonymity; where a two-time National Champion is talked about more for her physique than her incredible skills on the court; where an incredible freshman who deserves to be in the discussion for national FOY but isn't- that's alright. Because for these kids, this team, and the UConn WCBB program THE ONLY NUMBER THAN MATTERS IS 9. AND 10. AND ...
No UConn player toils in anonymity. Our program and its players are the most widely covered overexposed in the country.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Put it on the SID. It doesn't seem to be in the media guide.

For what it is worth, if you are a true UConn WBB junky, the media guide is an invaluable tool.
Do a search on "triple" and you will see KLM's mentioned in her bio section, and it also mentions that it was the third triple double in UConn history.

The guide also states that Natalie Butler averaged a triple-double as a high school senior in points-rebounds-blocks. Obviously D1 play is a lot different from HS, but that's still something to get a bit excited about.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Do a search on "triple" and you will see KLM's mentioned in her bio section, and it also mentions that it was the third triple double in UConn history.

The guide also states that Natalie Butler averaged a triple-double as a high school senior in points-rebounds-blocks. Obviously D1 play is a lot different from HS, but that's still something to get a bit excited about.
Yes, but I admit I was surprised not to see it listed in the stat section of the media guide.

And to those who aren't going to look at the media guide, make no mistake about it, there is plenty about players and individual records, etc. etc. Actually, except for the AMAZING stats and awards - team and individual - that I doubt any other media guide could include - it otherwise looks like any other media guide that I have seen. Complete with pictures of former greats and features on former players of the year. The way some UConn fans speak, you would almost expect that section to be blank.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No UConn player toils in anonymity. Our program and its players are the most widely covered overexposed in the country.
Overexposed? In who's world?

Reaction Score
It's an irony alert. The name is spelled "Meghan Culmo" and not, as the OP spelled it, "Megan Cuomo." :)
Yes, I intentionally spelled her name incorrectly as an attempt to be ironic...

Still disappointed in her. She supposedly lives UCONN BBall. She is supposed to be our guru.

CL82

Reaction Score

Cool thanks...
"Posted three double-doubles and one triple-double, a 20-point, 10-rebound, 10-assist effort in the Huskies’ NCAA Second Round victory against Saint Joseph’s (March 25). That performance marked the third triple-double in school history and the first during NCAA Tournament play ..."

I looked for it the stat section as well. I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't realize you could do a search in a PDF, so thanks for that info as well.

It was kind of buried, such that you could only find it quickly if you already knew it (and thus where to look) so I can't blame the broadcasters for missing it.

Reaction Score
I had a triple double last night. I doubled up on the ham, piled on the cheese and smothered it with mayo!
Just wanted to mention that because I doubt they will recognize my personal accomplishment in the next broadcast.

Reaction Score
Yes, I intentionally spelled her name incorrectly as an attempt to be ironic...

Still disappointed in her. She supposedly lives UCONN BBall. She is supposed to be our guru.

eh, give it a rest... she knew they are rare at UConn she named 2 of 3 off the top of her head. Opps, she forgot one... people make mistakes... think you should just move on, this isn't really a big deal.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Cool thanks...
"Posted three double-doubles and one triple-double, a 20-point, 10-rebound, 10-assist effort in the Huskies’ NCAA Second Round victory against Saint Joseph’s (March 25). That performance marked the third triple-double in school history and the first during NCAA Tournament play ..."

I looked for it the stat section as well. I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't realize you could do a search in a PDF, so thanks for that info as well.

It was kind of buried, such that you could only find it quickly if you already knew it (and thus where to look) so I can't blame the broadcasters for missing it.
Yeah, a lot of friends didn't realize that you can search pdfs because they don't see a search tool in their pdf viewer, but the CTRL-F brings it up. Personally I would not be able to find a tenth of the stats I do for sports writing if I didn't use the search, because media guides and even stat charts can be onerous things to work through for info.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, a lot of friends didn't realize that you can search pdfs because they don't see a search tool in their pdf viewer, but the CTRL-F brings it up. Personally I would not be able to find a tenth of the stats I do for sports writing if I didn't use the search, because media guides and even stat charts can be onerous things to work through for info.
I think I right clicked it and menu came up that said something ling view commands and clicking that led me to the search function, but I wouldn't hjave thought to have done it before I knew that it was there. It's handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom