Dis anyone see the Bouknight technica | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dis anyone see the Bouknight technica

Reaction Score
Like the Donny Marshall clap technical?

I was at that game at PCC. He most definitely deserved his T. Donny playing was one of those guys you liked because he was a Husky but would've hated if he was at another BE school LOL

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What game did you watch?

The officials were terrible and some calls were bad for high school hoops.

I was watching the game on Thursday night.

We sound ridiculous as a fan base when we blame the refs after every single game UConn loses. I will rip officials, but only when it is systematic bias in the way they were calling the game. The Houston/UConn game refs may have missed some calls, but they were not biased.

I can give examples. The UConn/Texas 2003 Sweet 16 game was one of the worst officiated games I can ever remember. Texas' front court was assaulting Okafor on both ends and nothing was getting called. Calhoun got a technical early in the second half, and the officiating the rest of the game was much more balanced. He should have done it earlier. That is what a poorly officiated game looks like.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I was at that game at PCC. He most definitely deserved his T. Donny playing was one of those guys you liked because he was a Husky but would've hated if he was at another BE school LOL

I laughed my ass off when Donny slapped the St. Johns player. It was stupid and obnoxious and he was definitely going to get busted, but it was so funny.

Reaction Score
Yeah but I bet he didn't hear it though. Hurley did a great job in 'tattling'.

If I was the player I would have told the ref that all I said was "you're playing a great game". But he wasn't smart enough (hence his dumb move).

Also that had to be one of the most ballsy techs I've ever seen called. Sure it probably was deserving, but if they would have lost, that would have been historic and certainly nationally televised replays and newsworthy.

Sampson wanted to murder that player. Also shows why coaching ain't easy.
Could you imagine giving someone a tech for something as minor as saying two words to the coach in that type of situation late? Ballsy ref. And they were at home!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom