Didn't take Harbaugh long... | The Boneyard

Didn't take Harbaugh long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ohio State was only able to sign #1 HS guard recruit Kelsey Mitchell after OSU coach Kevin McGuff gave her father the assistant coach job. Give dad the $$$ and his kid will play for you. That's nothing but sleazy pay for play.

Reaction Score
Speaking of sleazy (and I'll add "sanctimonious"), the NCAA is certainly responding vigorously.
( I see that mommy's role will be to help her student-athlete balance the demands of his sports, academics and other responsibilities. Wonder if Harbaugh will be asked to teach a "Values" course?)

Reaction Score
Speaking of sleazy (and I'll add "sanctimonious"), the NCAA is certainly responding vigorously.
( I see that mommy's role will be to help her student-athlete balance the demands of his sports, academics and other responsibilities. Wonder if Harbaugh will be asked to teach a "Values" course?)
Yes, but it's an on-line class. I'm sure he'll be there putting in the hours.

Reaction Score
Ohio State was only able to sign #1 HS guard recruit Kelsey Mitchell after OSU coach Kevin McGuff gave her father the assistant coach job. Give dad the $$$ and his kid will play for you. That's nothing but sleazy pay for play.

McGuff must have run run out of jobs, his recruiting in 2015 was very mediocre .

BuckLucas

Bucks Are The Crux
Reaction Score
McGuff only had two scholarships to offer. Current team is full of sophs and frosh..

Reaction Score
McGuff only had two scholarships to offer. Current team is full of sophs and frosh..

actually they had 4 scholarships, and Beach cannot stay healthy so her future is in doubt

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There was some discussion here a few days ago about coaches hiring parents of potential recruits. Jim Harbaugh just hired the mother of a potential transfer to a player development staff position.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...m-of-transfer-considering-michigan/ar-AA94sVT
Per her LinkedIn page, Bush was formerly a teacher/administrator in the Broward County Public School system in Florida.

At least she's somewhat qualified for the position. It's not toooo bad. It's a graduate transfer.

Reaction Score
Mitchell's father is absolutely qualified for the assistant position at OSU. He was one of the top boys AAU coaches for years and developed quite possibly the best freshmen in the nation. Did he get the job because of his daughter, yes, but he is very qualified for the position. It's no different than what goes down at Baylor. Mulkey gets the top AAU coaches as assistants and gets their recruits than fires them and hires another top AAU coach and gets their kids. Look it up.

Reaction Score
Mitchell's father is absolutely qualified for the assistant position at OSU. He was one of the top boys AAU coaches for years and developed quite possibly the best freshmen in the nation. Did he get the job because of his daughter, yes, but he is very qualified for the position. It's no different than what goes down at Baylor. Mulkey gets the top AAU coaches as assistants and gets their recruits than fires them and hires another top AAU coach and gets their kids. Look it up.

very few AAU coaches are qualified D1 coaches, they are strictly hired to recruit / or a package deal to sign someone. Mitchell may have coached a top boys AAU team, which usually means he could recruit .... not coach.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Memphis men's team hired a high school coach as an assistant, who coincidentally has 3 sons that are all highly-ranked recruits. The dad has been quoted in papers saying the boys all go were he goes, and supposedly Vandy was offering him a job too. It's a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom