Did Geno Really Say That To Kevin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"...deal with women before?"

Geno_3.jpg

Watch it [HERE]

Reaction Score
Geno does basically admit the benching was to get the team motivated for this game...

Reaction Score
"...deal with women before?"

View attachment 8445

Watch it [HERE]
Geno said his 4 stars brought their A game. SC is big and has talent, but if you combined the teams to make one team your starting line up would be those 4 and Mitchell. I think Tuck and Jefferson (best PG) are 2 of the top 20 players in the country.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Geno does basically admit the benching was to get the team motivated for this game...
I don't think so. Basically he said it wouldn't have mattered. They were going to be up for this game no matter what.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Act like you've been there before" is a reoccurring theme on the men's board, as is the ironic nature of chanting overrated. Still, it's a big game and the kids were having fun. Apparently though Geno views it the same way as a lot of posters...we're UConn we expect to win.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. Basically he said it wouldn't have mattered. They were going to be up for this game no matter what.

Sure he said that, but then he goes on to say... "It could have backfired, too. They could of said 'Hell with you coach'..."

Would could of backfired? What were they talking about? Benching the players to get them motivated....

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
In the game highlights video, the commentator states that KLM "threw her defender to the floor" before knocking down that last three. Actually, she just faked Mitchell out of her shoes and with the step over Mitchell just went off balance and fell on her butt. However, those kind of comments are going to have Gamecock fans making some dumb comments about fouls and KML.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
In the game highlights video, the commentator states that KLM "threw her defender to the floor" before knocking down that last three. Actually, she just faked Mitchell out of her shoes and with the step over Mitchell just went off balance and fell on her butt. However, those kind of comments are going to have Gamecock fans making some dumb comments about fouls and KML.
Both in live action and in the later replay, it looked to me as if both Mitchell and KML had their hands on the ball, and KML jerked it, causing Mitchell to go to the floor rather than let go.

In civilized basketball, a jump ball should have been whistled. But the refs were in SEC mode last night (or so it seemed), so they let it be a takedown followed by a 3-point basket. Oh well.

KML has a lot of strength in those hands and arms, as she has repeatedly demonstrated.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I've been to the So Carolina board and like many other boards after a disappointing loss to UConn, some posters are saying it was the Home Cooking by the Refs that lead to the defeat. Also many did say, UConn was just better and there were missed calls on both sides.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Both in live action and in the later replay, it looked to me as if both Mitchell and KML had their hands on the ball, and KML jerked it, causing Mitchell to go to the floor rather than let go.

In civilized basketball, a jump ball should have been whistled. But the refs were in SEC mode last night (or so it seemed), so they let it be a takedown followed by a 3-point basket. Oh well.

KML has a lot of strength in those hands and arms, as she has repeatedly demonstrated.
Don't know about that civilization stuff in WCBB. Interesting how differently other people see things. KML swings the ball to her left and I don't see Mitchell at all touching the ball though she might catch KML's lower arm a bit before plopping down. But to think that Mitchell not only got the ball but also tied KML up? I am truly amazed, but I'll get my glasses checked.

Reaction Score
I've been to the So Carolina board and like many other boards after a disappointing loss to UConn, some posters are saying it was the Home Cooking by the Refs that lead to the defeat. Also many did say, UConn was just better and there were missed calls on both sides.
How does any rational human being convince themselves that the refs accounted for 25 points??

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
And it worked like a charm :cool:
I took a lot of slack the other day for saying I believed it was a pre planned strategy by him and the C staff this past Saturday. The coaches all had pusses on to start the game. They felt they needed to motivate and tick off their bigs- right or wrong, that was the plan. Hard to argue now. And we'll never know whether they would have dominated either way!
that's ok- the refs missed 2-3 obvious travels as pivot foots were lifted numerous times in ball fakes. Mitchell left the grad once and was allowed to dribble after she landed.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sure he said that, but then he goes on to say... "It could have backfired, too. They could of said 'Hell with you coach'..."

Would could of backfired? What were they talking about? Benching the players to get them motivated....
Nah, don't think so.

You have to look at why he benched them. It wasn't for this game. It was because as leaders they were not leading. It was for the rest of the season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How does any rational human being convince themselves that the refs accounted for 25 points??
Most of them that I read, said it would have been closer, not necessarily they'd have won. In fact quite a few of them said UCONN was so much better they didn't need the refs help, so why were the refs helping them.

Silly.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I took a lot of slack the other day for saying I believed it was a pre planned strategy by him and the C staff this past Saturday.
As well you should have.

The coaches all had pusses on to start the game. They felt they needed to motivate and tick off their bigs- right or wrong, that was the plan. Hard to argue now. And we'll never know whether they would have dominated either way!
I call BS. Total. It wasn't for this game. Geno doesn't and has never cared that much about an OOC season game. I doubt after 30 years, all of a sudden he does.

He knew they'd come out like this for this game. The point was they (as the leaders), need to come out like this for the Tulanes, and Memphis' of the world too.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Don't know about that civilization stuff in WCBB. Interesting how differently other people see things. KML swings the ball to her left and I don't see Mitchell at all touching the ball though she might catch KML's lower arm a bit before plopping down. But to think that Mitchell not only got the ball but also tied KML up? I am truly amazed, but I'll get my glasses checked.

The sequence is actually a little more involved than that. I admit in live action I wondered if KML had been a little "brutish" on that play but as I watched it in super slow motion, the only other call besides the no call was for a foul on Mitchell for grabbing KML's arm. However, she grabbed it as she was falling backwards, immediately realized that she had arm and not ball anymore, and she released KML's arm. But since she was leaning back she continued on that path to her backside. KML did raise that arm that had been grabbed and her elbow did move towards Mitchell, but Mitchell fell back faster than KML's arm extended so Mitchell fell to the floor without being struck.
I've included a super-slo-mo of that sequence at the end of this KML feature bit.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
As well you should have.

I call BS. Total. It wasn't for this game. Geno doesn't and has never cared that much about an OOC season game. I doubt after 30 years, all of a sudden he does.

He knew they'd come out like this for this game. The point was they (as the leaders), need to come out like this for the Tulanes, and Memphis' of the world too.
Meyers- I love your posts, your one of my fav's on the BY- but I think your as wrong on this one as you think I am! Which is fine! :)

Reaction Score
The sequence is actually a little more involved than that. I admit in live action I wondered if KML had been a little "brutish" on that play but as I watched it in super slow motion, the only other call besides the no call was for a foul on Mitchell for grabbing KML's arm. However, she grabbed it as she was falling backwards, immediately realized that she had arm and not ball anymore, and she released KML's arm. But since she was leaning back she continued on that path to her backside. KML did raise that arm that had been grabbed and her elbow did move towards Mitchell, but Mitchell fell back faster than KML's arm extended so Mitchell fell to the floor without being struck.
I've included a super-slo-mo of that sequence at the end of this KML feature bit.

Nice MMA moves by Kaleena, although they didn't connect (lucky for Mitchell!). Brought the elbow up hard, protecting the ball, while her right foot was stepping through. Then, as she stepped forward with same foot, she swung the elbow back - that's the elbow Mitchell appeared to flop from. Really really good that Mitchell got out of the way of that one or she would have BEEN flopped out for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom