Did anyone notice | The Boneyard

Did anyone notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
that as soon as we pulled Brimah, despite his offense issues with broken hand et al, we fell apart? Nuf said

Reaction Score
He wouldn't have changed much. Perimeter D was awful, AWFUL, the last 5 minutes, and we couldn't rebound, he wouldn't have helped much in that category either. We lost because of our terrible execution, but if he caught that pass i bet we win.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
that as soon as we pulled Brimah, despite his offense issues with broken hand et al, we fell apart? Nuf said

Did anyone notice that when AB dropped the ball when by himself that the crowd woke up and the landslide began?

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice that when AB dropped the ball when by himself that the crowd woke up and the landslide began?
Stupid. He was awesome on defense. That had no effect.

Reaction Score
We lost our ability to block shots underneath. Therefore they could drive, force the defense and pass outside for open three. Something they could not do all nite. Brimah's presence is huge! Why pull him him unless he's fouling out? Plus why Gibbs running the offense all night? Not his strength. Adams in crunch time off the bench?

Reaction Score
Brimah should have stayed in the game - one of many coaching mistakes. And how do you let temple easily inbound the ball to their best free throw shooter. Crazy and mind boggling

Reaction Score
People that can't recognize how big of an effect Brimah has on defense are just telling everyone they have no basketball IQ. Yes he is horrible on offense and can't really rebound but his defensive impact should not be questioned. Ollie sat him because he fumbled away a dunk, just a dumb decision by our coach.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why Kevin doesn't realize that Amidah's presence is critical to our defensive game. Sure we played okay against weaker teams,but against better teams, we have to have this guy on the floor. My final rant tonight.

Reaction Score
People that can't recognize how big of an effect Brimah has on defense are just telling everyone they have no basketball IQ. Yes he is horrible on offense and can't really rebound but his defensive impact should not be questioned. Ollie sat him because he fumbled away a dunk, just a dumb decision by our coach.
I'm not saying he isn't a great defender, he is for sure, but down the stretch he couldn't deal with Bond on the glass, Shonn was a better matchup, and who else could he guard who was on the court? He need to learn how to rebound fast, as good of a rebounder Dham is, he should never average 5 more rebounds than Brimah.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Brimah has a broken finger that is clearly not healed, what is Nolan's excuse?
Nolan's excuse is that he has spent 4 years of his life under the worst big-men tutelage in American basketball. Actually no he has no excuse for missing bunnies.

Reaction Score
Yes AB was really good on defense on the second half. Putting PN back in there was another KO blunder.

Reaction Score
I think the OP is only trying to say with Brimah's floor presence the team plays better, not necessarily Brimah. And that may be true.

Reaction Score
Brimah is awful. Our defense got a lot better when he was out injured.
I am glad you were able to watch your first UConn basketball game tonight, hope you can catch some more in the future

Reaction Score
Facey should have played in place of Phil. I know he's hit or miss, but he actually grabs boards when he's on. It's game to game, but at least throw him out there and see if he's "on" that night.

Reaction Score
We lost our ability to block shots underneath. Therefore they could drive, force the defense and pass outside for open three. Something they could not do all nite. Brimah's presence is huge! Why pull him him unless he's fouling out? Plus why Gibbs running the offense all night? Not his strength. Adams in crunch time off the bench?

They won by making 3's not sure you were watching. A couple of them after we failed to get a rebound with a 7 footer in the game who looked like a rag muffin with Bond banging him around. Please, awful excuse

Reaction Score
Facey should have played in place of Phil. I know he's hit or miss, but he actually grabs boards when he's on. It's game to game, but at least throw him out there and see if he's "on" that night.

Why not a shot right? I agree

Reaction Score

Not sure about my IQ john but anyone thinking he did much of anything needs to be questioned from my point of view. Not good at all not sure where anyone could say "good" never mind any effect outside a couple bad shots by Bond. By the way Bond did nothing anyway and threw it out when Miller was guarding him too he's just not that great on offense.

Reaction Score
i was watching bond go over Brimah's back during the comeback with no call.

Reaction Score
i was watching bond go over Brimah's back during the comeback with no call.

You don't get that call ever if you don't box out. He beat AB to the ball because he stood there without any physicality. If he moved back to stop his momentum with a block out gets that call. Instead he rebounded like he does all the time - not at all.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Nolan played very little during the Temple comeback surge.

Reaction Score
OK he alters shots, that I give you but he's pushed around down there like a little baby and no rebounds. Let's not talk about his hands which were terrible when he was healthy. He waves a great towel on the bench. (I'm on a rant here but I'm always going to be grateful for St. Joe's) next year I want a big lummox who can eat space, not be thrown to the floor and has decent hands.

Reaction Score
The turning point wasn't him coming out but him trying to catch that pass with his cock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom