OT: - Dickey Betts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Dickey Betts

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
This was their first show in CT. Wow. A little before my time. Anyone attend?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I was looking over their touring history and that show looked amazing. Oh well. I remember seeing the Allmans for the first time at the Lenox Music Inn summer of '79. Please don't tell me that show was canceled.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Loved the Allman Brothers. My first real rock and roll concert was at the Agora Ballroom in Hartford. The band had broken up, but the Dickie Betts band was touring with the Gregg Allman band. So that was the show, of course they closed out with 2-3 songs together. Incredible. Still one of most memorable shows I've seen. RIP to a guitar legend.

Reaction Score
first & only show I saw at Pinecrest in Shelton (1980?) was the first of many ABB shows - the last was their last at the Beacon when Gregg was unable to play due to an illness.

Reaction Score
Aug 01, 1970Powder Ridge Festival
Joe Cocker / Allman Brothers Band / Jethro Tull / Van Morrison / Cactus / Zephyr / Ten Wheel Drive / Tony Williams Lifetime / Rhinoceros / Little Richard
Photos
Powder Ridge Ski AreaMiddlefield, CT
Peace, Love, Powder Ridge! I was there! All those bands including ABB were NOT there. I did see Melanie perform. (Saw her more recently, about five years ago at my friend's house concert. She was DREADFUL! Very sad, I liked her back in the day) Also was at Watkins Glen. Memory a little blurry for some reason?

Reaction Score
Loved the Allman Brothers. My first real rock and roll concert was at the Agora Ballroom in Hartford. The band had broken up, but the Dickie Betts band was touring with the Gregg Allman band. So that was the show, of course they closed out with 2-3 songs together. Incredible. Still one of most memorable shows I've seen. RIP to a guitar legend.
Your post brings back memories of Agora and its other names like Stage West. I did not see Betts there but saw Nantucket and Men at Work among other bands. The place used to get so crowded that we would buy a six pack and hang it off your belt to avoid waiting in line.

Reaction Score
Your post brings back memories of Agora and its other names like Stage West. I did not see Betts there but saw Nantucket and Men at Work among other bands. The place used to get so crowded that we would buy a six pack and hang it off your belt to avoid waiting in line.
Saw the great Roy Buchanan there. Most of the crowd had no idea who he was. Openers were local favorite Canyon and Firefall.

Reaction Score
Saw Dickie many times including with Dwayne. One of his best quotes "I may not be the best guitar player, but I got the licks." RIP.

Reaction Score
Saw the great Roy Buchanan there. Most of the crowd had no idea who he was. Openers were local favorite Canyon and Firefall.
I remember Canyon with that tall female lead singer. I used to see them in the area clubs such as Brave Bull and Brandys (sp). They did a nice cover version of Showdown by ELO.

I never saw Roy Buchanan but I sure knew who he was.

Reaction Score
Yes! I grew up in W Htfd. Saw a lot of up and comers at the Agora/stage west, some on their way down and some nice local favorites...max creek, NRBQ, U2, English Beat, Ramones, Hatchet, MTB, Steppenwolf, the c;lash, REM, cheap trick, joan jett...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes! I grew up in W Htfd. Saw a lot of up and comers at the Agora/stage west, some on their way down and some nice local favorites...max creek, NRBQ, U2, English Beat, Ramones, Hatchet, MTB, Steppenwolf, the c;lash, REM, cheap trick, joan jett...
That place really was a golden age of local concerts. To add to the list we saw Dire Straits, Squeeze, Thin Lizzy, Eddie Money and all those MTV bands. The Clash and the Talking Heads Stop Making Sense tour in the same week!

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Powder Ridge Festival, Dickey on pedal steel, must have been the brown ac*d!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom