Diarra Shout Out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diarra Shout Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Diarra just needs to be in control of himself and play that way consistently. When he does, he is a major asset. He seems to understand this and it is happening more and more.

Also like how Hurley kept him for a stretch when they went by around 15 to make Gonzaga having to score and comeback more difficult.

Reaction Score
In the Kansas game in the last few minutes when we had a chance, I really was hoping for Diarra to get a shot. Spencer wasn't 100 percent, Karaban had fouled out and everyone was guarding Newton.

Diarra was the logical choice IMO. He's done it before, but Spencer ended up talking to the shot.

I agree that Diarra should be more violent involved offensively. He also has the ability to create his own shot and is aggressive driving to the hoop.

He's an unsung hero on this team.
In the KU game Diarra had his chance with 38 seconds left and he turned it over. He's playing great in his role this year but you shouldn't want him taking the last shot with the weapons we have.

Reaction Score
In the KU game Diarra had his chance with 38 seconds left and he turned it over. He's playing great in his role this year but you shouldn't want him taking the last shot with the weapons we have.

He was fouled on that play. His arm was held onto at his gather for the layup and should have been at the line for 2 shots.

Reaction Score
He went from literally unplayable in the Final Four (3 minutes, 1 rebound, 1 TO against Miami, 1 trillion in garbage time against SDSU) to a reliable backup who has reduced the dropoff from the starters substantially.

He's a threat to penetrate and either score or dish on offense and a pest on defense. He had one sequence where he had a deflection, stripped a bigger player on help to knock it out of bounds, then deflected the inbounds pass to kill the shot clock.

Reaction Score
He was fouled on that play. His arm was held onto at his gather for the layup and should have been at the line for 2 shots.
I couldn't tell, it was a bang bang play and Diarra didn't complain.

Reaction Score
It is amazing when you have guys come off the bench and you don't have to worry about them. A luxury that most teams do not have. He is great at what he does and takes what the game gives him. A perfect role player and will be super important come March!!

Reaction Score
Without Diarra last year, we don’t win a championship. He goes about his business and gives us what we need. An unsung hero to the casual fan, but we know better.

Reaction Score

I trust him and you should too

Reaction Score
Love him 99% of the time. It’s the 1% when he dribbles too much without looking to pass, or thinks he’s the right guy to shoot a contested 3. Fixable things.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
HIs defense was exceptional. I loved the grab and steal off the inbounds with 1 second on the shot clock for Gonzaga. Then he had an assist to DC and a fast break layup to increase the lead to 14 late in the game. Very timely.
Those consecutive buckets were my favorite sequence of the game. He threw the pass to Clingan for the easy bucket, then next possession, Clingan threw the almost full court pass to a Hassan streaking down court for the bunny.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He brought life to the game during a period when everyone else seemed to be sleepwalking. We were potentially opening the door for a Gonzaga comeback but a few key individual plays in a short span by Diarra shut that door.
A very trustworthy "Not on my watch" vibe.
I couldn't tell, it was a bang bang play and Diarra didn't complain.
During the game, I saw it the same way you did.

But a tweet that circulated after the game showed that his left arm was clearly grabbed and pulled back by a defender who had lunged with no better option as Diarra blew by him.

Refs missed that call, and the video review was therefore limited to ruling correctly that the ball went off Hassann.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

This no call was officiating malpractice. They didn't miss the call, they just chose to swallow their whistles.

When I said Diarra was going to get 15 minutes per game, I was universally mocked :)

Reaction Score
he is providing high-quality depth - with no drop-off. Depth was a big question mark coming into the season. So, he's one of the reasons why we are currently ranked Top 5.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
Diarra has a chance to be the best 6th man in America by the time this season ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom