Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 79 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish the best for the kid but this really smells fishy if it wasn't going to be us would rather he stayed home
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They might be in the final four after tomorrow, so I'm not going to feel too sorry for them.

But given Marquette's success recruiting, it surely has to grate on their nerves here.

Not good for us either - remember the talk of a Newman-Stone combo?

Lots of time and effort pissed in the wind there.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
[QUOhow "Funkhouser, post: 1129146, member: 5400"]Just posted to a UW message board from a guy who's pretty connected to the upper midwest recruiting scene:
-----
A respected east coast recruiting analyst told me this weekend that Maryland is offering Diamond Stone's dad a job at Under Armour if Diamond commits.
-----

View attachment 7572
goes with this ^^^Now how desperate is Maryland?? This shouldn't be allowed by the NCAA. But why work when Diamond is a sure Pro prospect. From reading stories on his father it sounds like he's the one being recruited[/QUOTE]

Just posted to a UW message board from a guy who's pretty connected to the upper midwest recruiting scene:
-----
A respected east coast recruiting analyst told me this weekend that Maryland is offering Diamond Stone's dad a job at Under Armour if Diamond commits.
-----

View attachment 7572

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Possible pay back for Rudy Gay??? Lol

The kid's soft anyways.....

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Seems a little cold to do it while Wisconsin has a season-defining game tomorrow. This couldn't have waited a week?

Reaction Score
Oh well......atleast shoe companies and programs aren't even trying to be discreet about it anymore. This flat out reeks!

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I remember posters laughing at MD being a threat early on. Wisc & UConn, just after the title, seemed strong. The AAU connection won out. They got a beast.

Reaction Score
Oh, please.

UConn makes millions from Nike, but everyone else is on the take.

Kid picked Maryland - so be it.

If the kid wore flip-flops to his AAU games, we still wouldn't have gotten him.
But is Nike willing to pay a recruit to attend uconn? The kid had no choice. He and his family were bought.

Reaction Score
Terrible what being in the AAC is doing to our recruiting.

In this case our membership in the AAC had nothing to do with his recruitment. UConn has not been in his top two choices since last December. Why he has been an emphasis in our discussions is beyond me. Under Armour!!

Reaction Score
Really though, why not Wisconsin??? Hometown school, in line for big minutes right away...

Although I do remember rumors that his father was offered a job with UA contingent on Diamond's commitment. This just feels wrong.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Oh, please.

UConn makes millions from Nike, but everyone else is on the take.

Kid picked Maryland - so be it.

If the kid wore flip-flops to his AAU games, we still wouldn't have gotten him.
Didn't Under Armour or Maryland or somebody offer Stone's dad a job? Or was that just a typical unsubstantiated message board rumor?

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Only way UA could be more boss in this situation is if they got him to commit to BC

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Didn't Under Armour or Maryland or somebody offer Stone's dad a job? Or was that just a typical unsubstantiated message board rumor?

Message board stuff.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And you know that for sure, how?

Oh, please.

If you'd like to believe that either Maryland or Under Armour is going to hire the kid's dad, by all means, you go ahead and do that.

Reaction Score
Ua lost Durant to Nike. Still second fiddle in the real world. So too is Maryland.

Reaction Score
Oh, please.

If you'd like to believe that either Maryland or Under Armour is going to hire the kid's dad, by all means, you go ahead and do that.
What's next? Calipari is wholesome? Please. Something unethical transpired here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom