Diaco's debut at Nebraska | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Diaco's debut at Nebraska

Reaction Score
They should consider themselves lucky. If Diaco was in charge of the offense as well they would have lost 36-20.
Yah, but so what, the game would have premiered during Bob Disco's college pre-season. Perhaps next year he can present a rivalry trophy... just sayin.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Holy Crap.

2 thoughts

1. Someone at Nebraska needs to tell him to cut the nonsense holding onto to the clip on mic. It somehow makes him even more odious.

2. Good news Mrs. Diaco - Bob is going to be free for Thanksgiving supper this year.

It's not out of the question that he gets fired after the Oregon game. He is that big of a loser and that big of a liability.

He needlessly digs a hole in the first five minutes of that press conference; caught in the frieght elevator? Dude, just state there was a misunderstanding about post game interviews, so here I am now, let's go.

I can't believe I was so easily duped by this guy when he was first hired.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When he refers to how he is going to break out game footage into the good, the bad, and the ugly...so glad we don't have to deal with this BS anymore

He implies that it's good to win and play poorly because they you get to coach it.

Yeah Bob - that doesn't really fly at Nebraska when it's Arkansas St.

Oh and they are 'spectaculary talented' on offense.

It's a pretty good Sun Belt team and in theory you are Nebraska.

Reaction Score
I was stuck in a freight elevator...LOL.
He lays out his bend dont break brilliantly. Basically, let them make small plays until they stall or make mistake. The D worked in his mind because there were no big plays....just a lot points. He is going to be out on his ear faster than you can say husker.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Opens up the press conference saying he was "attacked" this morning. Jeez dude. Even if that's how you feel, just shut up and say it was your bad. He is so intent on creating a war with the media. You want them on your side, don't piss them off one game into your tenure. Then he throws Riley under the bus by saying that after 'long communication' and 'noodling' (whatever the heck that means), that he was told he'd never do post-game media. Wow. just wow.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
And people on the Nebraska board are calling this a 'non story.' Did they watch the presser? He gave up 36 vs Arkansas State and claimed to have 'executed the game plan.' Now I don't feel bad for these Husker fans at all. Can't wait to watch em lose by 80 to Oregon

Reaction Score
Opens up the press conference saying he was "attacked" this morning. Jeez dude. Even if that's how you feel, just shut up and say it was your bad. He is so intent on creating a war with the media. You want them on your side, don't piss them off one game into your tenure. Then he throws Riley under the bus by saying that after 'long communication' and 'noodling' (whatever the heck that means), that he was told he'd never do post-game media. Wow. just wow.

He learned noodling from Manti Teo.(I know I spelled that wrong but I really don't care to look it up) Noodling is catfishing. Whatever he is portraying now is his form of it.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'm not trying to be a Diago defender here, I'm happy he's gone.

But there's a pretty successful coach that uses that bend but don't break philosophy. I guess he's just a whole lot better at teaching it

Bill Belichick sound familiar? :)

As for Paul Pasq's zone blocking schemes, well that's another story

Six years of living in football hell, amazing we're still kicking the tires
Belichick won't try to tell you that the purpose of offense is to make sure that games aren't too high scoring...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And people on the Nebraska board are calling this a 'non story.' Did they watch the presser? He gave up 36 vs Arkansas State and claimed to have 'executed the game plan.' Now I don't feel bad for these Husker fans at all. Can't wait to watch em lose by 80 to Oregon

lol the husker board is now playing the "bob is a victim of the media!" card. those poor souls.

We saw the same garbage here. For some reason people just want to believe things in spite of overwhelming evidence. If you ask some people who post here @Jimmy Serrano did more damage to the board than Diaco (I kinda agree).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Definitely was a needlessly hostile and overly defensive posture from Disastro in the first 5 mins of that clip and it was squarely directed at the media. Bad idea to get on the wrong side of the media.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I think the locals are already restless, don't doubt that. If not, the Nebraska press is.

Barfknecht: Nebraska defensive coordinator Bob Diaco must talk the talk instead of taking a walk

"To me, this isn’t about the performance of his 3-4 scheme giving up 497 yards to Arkansas State. I’ll let irate NU fans dissect that.

This is about the highest-paid assistant coach in Husker football history running past reporters without comment after his first game.

Since Diaco arrived, he has buttered up those who listen to him by raving about Blackshirt pride and accountability and how Nebraska values attracted him to the job. Then after the first night didn’t go his way, this 44-year-old man ran to his room like a 14-year-old who broke something and didn’t want to face the consequences.

Leaving your 18- to 22-year-old players out in the interview area to explain what happened on defense while the “adult leader” says no comment is an utter embarrassment to the long-term standards of Nebraska athletics. From now on, you’ll cock your head at much of what Diaco says.

This isn’t a media complaint. We function fine whether he talks or not. The story is that Diaco disrespected cash-paying Husker fans with his little stunt.

At Nebraska, the coordinators show up and answer questions. Always have and always should. If the adults in the program can’t model stand-up championship behavior, how are the players supposed to learn it?"

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Holy Crap.

2 thoughts

1. Someone at Nebraska needs to tell him to cut the nonsense holding onto to the clip on mic. It somehow makes him even more odious.

2. Good news Mrs. Diaco - Bob is going to be free for Thanksgiving supper this year.

It's not out of the question that he gets fired after the Oregon game. He is that big of a loser and that big of a liability.

She wouldn't necessarily consider No. 2 a good thing, from what I've been told by a very reliable source.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The lock of the week next week is the over and Oregon with the points. They may score 80.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Belichick won't try to tell you that the purpose of offense is to make sure that games aren't too high scoring...

I'm not defending BD, I was defending the bend but don't break defensive philosophy, yuuuuuge difference

Reaction Score
Coach Disco probably checked out this message board after the game.

Reaction Score
I said this before, but I'll say it again, Warde was extremely lucky that the dual national titles propelled him to the Michigan job when it did. Hiring that guy as headcoach is something that an athletic director will have a difficult time overcoming.

Diaco just doesn't seem mature enough to be a headcoach. He speaks nonsense half the time and the other half he is looking for someone to blame for his failures. Maybe he will get better as he gets older but right now forget about it.

Reaction Score
After that, I don't feel for Nebraska fans. SUFFER!!! Muahahahahahahaha.

I saw one quote saying the UCONN was not a good barometer for his success as a head coach followed by "Does Connecticut even have a program any more?"

My sympathy for Husker fans is gone. I hope they suffer with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I saw one quote saying the UCONN was not a good barometer for his success as a head coach followed by "Does Connecticut even have a program any more?"

My sympathy for Husker fans is gone. I hope they suffer with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

Oh the irony, because their DC was a very big part of our demise

Reaction Score
lol the husker board is now playing the "bob is a victim of the media!" card. those poor souls.
Must be Fake News!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom