Diaco Speaks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco Speaks

Reaction Score
Meh, I heard one time he couldn't decide whether to go for the eggs or pancakes and by the time he decided they stopped serving breakfast.
He really wanted the pancakes but was concerned that there was fish sauce in the batter rather than vanilla resulting in the time running out. Unfortunately, he used his last time out earlier during breakfast to decide between OJ or cranberry juice. He wanted OJ, but cranberry matched his pants better.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
He really wanted the pancakes but was concerned that there was fish sauce in the batter rather than vanilla resulting in the time running out. Unfortunately, he used his last time out earlier during breakfast to decide between OJ or cranberry juice. He wanted OJ, but cranberry matched his pants better.
this made me laugh out loud...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I feel like UConn's entire athletic department sits on a bottom of an ocean partly thanks to crazy ol' Bob. If Harbaugh leaves Michigan for the NFL, I would love to be a fly on the wall in one of their big booster offices when they realize that the guy who actually hired Bob Diaco to be a full time head coach will now be in charge of hiring their next head coach.

Reaction Score
I feel like UConn's entire athletic department sits on a bottom of an ocean partly thanks to crazy ol' Bob. If Harbaugh leaves Michigan for the NFL, I would love to be a fly on the wall in one of their big booster offices when they realize that the guy who actually hired Bob Diaco to be a full time head coach will now be in charge of hiring their next head coach.

Yeah, but clearly a different applicant pool to pull from and the Michigan booster’s voices pale in comparison to whoever UConn had/has. Different universes.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Some moments the internet won't forget

Reaction Score
Diaco ran some decent defenses at Cincy and ND. God knows Kelly doesn't suffer fools for a moment. Bob just was nowhere near ready for a head gig, and may never be. What he did on the recruiting front was malpractice and some of the in-game antics was the stuff or legends.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
BigCat totally into wacky Bob and the Civil ConFLiCT. Barstool will keep this around for a while....whenever Bob speaks.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

You almost made me spit up my vitamin D supplement! :eek:

Reaction Score
I’m certain he did pour his heart ❤️ and soul into being the UConn Head Football Coach. He had all the bells and whistles - far better status start than HCRE 2.0 ... and he FAILED spectacularly.

I’ve failed at things in life. I’m certain this is a big part of ol’ Fishcakes mindset. And I wonder what Warde Manuel was thinking when he first sat down to consider that position. This guy is our best example of “what’s wrong” at the Program.

Reaction Score
I’m certain he did pour his heart ❤️ and soul into being the UConn Head Football Coach. He had all the bells and whistles - far better status start than HCRE 2.0 ... and he FAILED spectacularly.

I’ve failed at things in life. I’m certain this is a big part of ol’ Fishcakes mindset. And I wonder what Warde Manuel was thinking when he first sat down to consider that position. This guy is our best example of “what’s wrong” at the Program.
He got to a bowl in year 2. But his conservative offensive approach and his lunacy pressers and his recruiting all trended in the wrong direction.

I wonder if Benedict approached him about Lashlee and if that is what got him canned.

Reaction Score
Verducci?

I forgot that name. Life was so nice having forgotten him.

Reaction Score

Pudge, it just seems that admitting what is a part of life - an important part, because it helps you grow - is no longer accepted. I doubt Diaco is a bad person, in fact I suspect just the opposite, He simply wasn't ready or may not ever be cut out to be a HC. But the vitriol that is part of major college athletics today knows no bounds. Failure is demonized.

Reaction Score
He got to a bowl in year 2. But his conservative offensive approach and his lunacy pressers and his recruiting all trended in the wrong direction.

I wonder if Benedict approached him about Lashlee and if that is what got him canned.

He warranted another year - given our awful financial situation on his contract.

Lashlee or whatever. Plus the discount discussion that Edsall provided. Smart football people in Connecticut knew Diaco was whacked.

Reaction Score
Verducci?

I forgot that name. Life was so nice having forgotten him.

I think of Verducci. Every time I’m reading his brothers wonderful take on MLB - I remember a big Zero in UConn offensive performance

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I am starting to believe that the trophy was actually sunk by Bobby. Someday, one of the draggers out of Stonington will pull it up. I also believe that he put fish sauce in a cake recipe once because no one without that direct experience could have ever come up with that analogy.
I'll drag this back up from August of this year.
conflict-raised.jpg

Reaction Score
I am starting to believe that the trophy was actually sunk by Bobby. Someday, one of the draggers out of Stonington will pull it up. I also believe that he put fish sauce in a cake recipe once because no one without that direct experience could have ever come up with that analogy.
Nope. He buried it in a closet at the Ethics Office in the state Capitol building where no one will EVER find it.

Reaction Score

Was at that game, the most pathetic offense of all time. If the game were still being played, UConn would still be struggling for another TD.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Yes, you're right. Very foolish of Diaco. The OCs he brought in were neither accomplished or innovative.

Accomplished? No.

Innovative? Well, Cummings told offensive line players that stretching was a waste of time. Very innovative. Very stupid, but also very innovative... :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom